+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

nitin1304

Mar 12, 2020
Like @thistooktoolong said, this is a good indicator. Mine got changed on 17th Nov and portal email a week later. Just keep checking your email!
Also, they send you an email asking following details to which you have to reply back:
Name, UCI, Email, Original entry date, Date of last time you entered Canada, Location where you last entered, Are you currently inside Canada.
Once you reply to it, they will send you portal login with temp password, through which you login, change your password, add your mailing address and upload photo. Then, they will process it and send you PR card.
Mind well, this is for the people who are in CANADA.
Hey @pruthv Do you know if we can ask them to transfer the file to some other office for Stamping in case I am outside of Canada for extended period?

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Like @thistooktoolong said, this is a good indicator. Mine got changed on 17th Nov and portal email a week later. Just keep checking your email!
Also, they send you an email asking following details to which you have to reply back:
Name, UCI, Email, Original entry date, Date of last time you entered Canada, Location where you last entered, Are you currently inside Canada.
Once you reply to it, they will send you portal login with temp password, through which you login, change your password, add your mailing address and upload photo. Then, they will process it and send you PR card.
Mind well, this is for the people who are in CANADA.
Hey Pruthv, thank you for all the information! Yes I am Canada right now, but I am planning to go home next year January. If I get the email and submit all the requests, I can still go home and just apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document or PRDT right?

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Hey Pruthv, thank you for all the information! Yes I am Canada right now, but I am planning to go home next year January. If I get the email and submit all the requests, I can still go home and just apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document or PRDT right?
So, answering you (@jessiejgl ) and @nitin1304 together...
In the portal email, at the bottom of the letter they mention this and I quote:

If you are outside Canada:
If you are currently outside Canada, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR
Confirmation). It is important that you let us know by replying to this email. We can then
ensure that you have any documents you might need to travel to Canada to become a
permanent resident.
@nitin1304, I don't think they can transfer the file. More so, as far as I know they don't stamp for PR at all. You get treated as everyone who is outside Canada and send a PRTD like jessie said. You will use that document to do landing in Canada. They only send PR Card to a Canadian physical address. Also, as far as I know all your visas turn null when you get PR so you can't come back based on your work/student/tourist visa even though if they are not expired. I'm not sure at what point that happens, whether it is when you get the portal email or you actually get the CoPR. I saw in other forums that people are not even responding back to the portal email, use that time to come back to Canada and then respond. I would strongly suggest you to ask IRCC or some Immigration Consultants here.

@jessiejgl Yes, just respond back to the email that you are not in Canada and they should issue you PRTD.

Lol, I should start an Immigration Consultancy at this point :D

Last edited:

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
So an immigration consultant told me that to apply for PRTD, you need to be outside of canada and send your passport to the country youre in kind of canadian ambassy for them to stamp something in there, and that it can take 6 days to 3 weeks to get your passport back depending on holidays etc etc

if that changes anything,he is a french speaking immigration consultant who mainly work for French people / going back to France

just saying to emphasize on thefact that to get PRTD is not as simple as responding to an email :)
Definitely, like I said earlier. I would strongly suggest to consult Immigration Consultant on this.
Personally, unless if it is completely unavoidable situation I would not leave Canada until I get PR card on hand. It involves a lot of bureaucracy starting with contacting local embassy to explanations at the airport. Then again you apply for PR card after coming to Canada which further takes 3-4 weeks.
And yes, correction on my part, now I think they need to put temp stamp on passport how else they will be allowed to travel in some originating or transiting countries.

nitin1304

Mar 12, 2020

@nitin1304, I don't think they can transfer the file. More so, as far as I know they don't stamp for PR at all. You get treated as everyone who is outside Canada and send a PRTD like jessie said. You will use that document to do landing in Canada. They only send PR Card to a Canadian physical address. Also, as far as I know all your visas turn null when you get PR so you can't come back based on your work/student/tourist visa even though if they are not expired. I'm not sure at what point that happens, whether it is when you get the portal email or you actually get the CoPR. I saw in other forums that people are not even responding back to the portal email, use that time to come back to Canada and then respond. I would strongly suggest you to ask IRCC or some Immigration Consultants here.

@jessiejgl Yes, just respond back to the email that you are not in Canada and they should issue you PRTD.

Thank you @pruthv

Reactions: pruthv

EkoGuy

Nov 26, 2021
Hello everyone! This is my first time commenting but I've frequently read your comments and experiences in the last couple of months. Today, I'm sharing my testimony to give hope to a person or two.

Aor - November 29, 2020;
Original VO - Montreal;
1st MEP - January 8, 2021;
No update for the next 8 months;
October 14 - file transferred to Vancouver VO (Informed by MP);
GU - November 2;
GU - November 13 (medical probably expired);
GU - MEP date changed to November 16;.
ADR (recent paystubs and updated letter of employment, not employment offer) - November 22;
Sent the docs on the same day (my bosses are the best);
First portal email - November 25;
Second portal email - 5 hours later;

EkoGuy

Nov 26, 2021
Question.. so I logged in to my profile today and noticed an update.

"Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 25, 2021:You passed the medical exam."

I know its a good indicator, but normally how long would it take for another update after seeing this?
About a week, going by my experience.

Ara29

Aug 17, 2019
Hey guys, just sharing my timeline;

FSW inland, VO - Ottawa
AOR- December 2019
Biometrics and medical passed- January 2020
No update till October 2021 (except a few ghost updates, as per gcms notes, medical was expired)

28th October- Medical Passed
2nd November- Ghost update
6th November- Update "Background is processing"

8th November- ADR- to be submitted within a week
(Till 15th 2 am, the option to upload document wasn't available so sent AD through webforms, and on 15th, 2 am, submitted AD when the option was visible)

17th November- Confirmation mail for received AD
No update post that. Just in case someone has a similar story, I thought of sharing it here.

DogNotTheHot

Oct 14, 2021
Just received my GCMS notes. Meds were expired on September 11, renewed on October 22 on the notes, but the extension is still not showing in the portal account.

Anyway I am happy that at least I've received some updates.

Information about my file on my signature.

Reactions: Alysson

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hello everyone! This is my first time commenting but I've frequently read your comments and experiences in the last couple of months. Today, I'm sharing my testimony to give hope to a person or two.

Aor - November 29, 2020;
Original VO - Montreal;
1st MEP - January 8, 2021;
No update for the next 8 months;
October 14 - file transferred to Vancouver VO (Informed by MP);
GU - November 2;
GU - November 13 (medical probably expired);
GU - MEP date changed to November 16;.
ADR (recent paystubs and updated letter of employment, not employment offer) - November 22;
Sent the docs on the same day (my bosses are the best);
First portal email - November 25;
Second portal email - 5 hours later;
Congratulations. I have same aor and my file is under security screening for more than 4 months. CSIS sent its recommendations to CBSA in Sep and CBSA is hatching my file . Let’s see if IRCC can end this trauma for me before Christmas. My MP just obtained file status last week and that’s it.

sarwanchawla

Feb 28, 2021

I will tell you guys what I know: PRTD is for already permanent residents who don't have a PR card to travel to Canada. Its not for PR approved Candidates who have not done their lannding yet. So technically you can not be issued a PRTD because you are not a permanent resident yet.
In your case its not applicable.

All you need is them to send you a PPR (Passsport Request).
One you receive PPR, they will issue you a Permanent resident visa (the counterfoil that they stamp n your passport) from lets assume New Delhi Visa office.

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Hey guys, just sharing my timeline;

FSW inland, VO - Ottawa
AOR- December 2019
Biometrics and medical passed- January 2020
No update till October 2021 (except a few ghost updates, as per gcms notes, medical was expired)

28th October- Medical Passed
2nd November- Ghost update
6th November- Update "Background is processing"

8th November- ADR- to be submitted within a week
(Till 15th 2 am, the option to upload document wasn't available so sent AD through webforms, and on 15th, 2 am, submitted AD when the option was visible)

17th November- Confirmation mail for received AD
No update post that. Just in case someone has a similar story, I thought of sharing it here.
What was the ADR for?

Seems like everyone in the Vancouver VO is getting an ADR for proof of funds. Is it proof of employment or proof of funds in a bank account?