+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Could anyone help me understand the deal with Primary and Secondary Offices?

According to what I read, Primary Office receives the application and transfers it to secondary offices for processing but the primary office makes the final decision.

On my GCMS notes, my Primary Office is Montreal and the Secondary is CIO Sydney, NS. However, when I called the IRCC helpline back in time, the agent told me that my file was received by CIO at Sydney, NS and transferred to Montreal after the medical were passed due to office capacity issues.

So I’m pretty confused… If my Primary office is Montreal, how Sydney Office received it first and transferred to Montreal?

Is there anyone who has an idea? @legalfalcon , I really appreciate it if you could help me understand.
CIO = central intake office. Almost all (if not all already) apps start off @ CIO and get transferred to local VOs after initial screening (some will remain there for the entire lifecycle)

Reactions: JSF
D

Deleted member 1033589

Wow, and we are dreaming too big abt Canadian values

I’ve been living in Canada for the last 3 years and I witness a negative change in the general attitude of people towards each other. As the financial struggles rise and the population increases, people are losing their tolerance. I’m planning to move to a small town in the Atlantic region to be away from all the crowd and find some peace.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I’ve been living in Canada for the last 3 years and I witness a negative change in the general attitude of people towards each other. As the financial struggles rise and the population increases, people are losing their tolerance. I’m planning to move to a small town in the Atlantic region to be away from all the crowd and find some peace.
That’s totally correct observation. Not sure if COVID has played a role but it is what it is. I am sure the small towns will still be safe from this negativity. Best of luck!

Xcallie

Feb 14, 2020
Hello everyone.
Fsw inland - AOR 15Dec2020
No update on profile asides MEP 19Jan2021.
Ordered gcms twice. Primary VO on both is Montreal. Secondary VO on 1st gcms is CIO and on 2nd is Ottawa.
Does this mean it’s Ottawa to issue COPR or Montreal?

Also on 2nd notes:
final decision-approved
Security: blank
Copr: not started - but there’s a document number, expiry date and a print queue number.
Last updated 08Jul2021.
Why is it taking so long to issue COPR and send portal email since app is already approved?
Please does anyone else have similar situation or insight? Thank you!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hello everyone.
Ordered gcms twice. Primary VO on both is Montreal. Secondary VO on 1st gcms is CIO and on 2nd is Ottawa.

Also on 2nd notes:
final decision-approved
Copr: not started - but there’s a document number, expiry date and a print queue number.
Last updated 08Jul2021.
Why is it taking so long to issue COPR and send portal email since app is already approved?
Your application was approved. Relax and celebrate.
They will issue your COPR only when they need it for their target/statistic.

Reactions: requiemforadream

TAJBIR

Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone.

Also on 2nd notes:
final decision-approved
Last updated 08Jul2021.
Wats going on
19 November 2020 aor ..... approved
20 November 2020 aor .... approved

15 december aor approved

My one is 27 November my still panding
And this all from Montreal office
I dont know how they work

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Wats going on
19 November 2020 aor ..... approved
20 November 2020 aor .... approved

15 december aor approved

My one is 27 November my still panding
And this all from Montreal office
I dont know how they work
They follow no pattern.
I'm from Dec 2020, also in Montreal, and my notes say my eligibility hadn't even been started as of two weeks ago.

Looking at the Myimmitracker data, there are cases from September and October with no answer too. There's even a case with Feb AOR with no closure yet.

I hope they get to ours soon.

Reactions: Lii and HRP2020

mehtapr1

Jun 21, 2018
March 2020 AOR. Called IRCC and they said - "we are prioritizing applications for refugees from Afghanistan and cannot deal with this right now". line disconnected.

They follow no pattern.
I'm from Dec 2020, also in Montreal, and my notes say my eligibility hadn't even been started as of two weeks ago.

Looking at the Myimmitracker data, there are cases from September and October with no answer too. There's even a case with Feb AOR with no closure yet.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
They follow no pattern.

This is so true. I haven’t seen any coprs for august, sept or Oct recently. Especially the ones in Ottawa VO. This Afghanistan issue seems the new reason for them to ignore our files like how covid was last year.It was better if they hadn’t issued ITAs if they had no intention to process it.

Reactions: requiemforadream