+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi @legalfalcon

I and my spouse got our portal email yesterday. But we are not in Canada at the moment and will be returning in 2 weeks.
Is it safe to not respond to that mail until we land in Canada?

AOR- Nov 2020
I was also outside of Canada when I received my PR approval email, and was planning to return only in 4 weeks. I ended up replying to the email, mentioning my expected return date, as well as attaching my return flight as a proof. IRCC responded on the same day and asked me to notify them once I'm back. After I landed in Canada 3 weeks later, I sent IRCC a follow-up email, and they sent me the portal credentials within a few hours.

tldr: it should be safe to respond

Reactions: kiruthigasridhar

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
I was also outside of Canada when I received my PR approval email, and was planning to return only in 4 weeks. I ended up replying to the email, mentioning my expected return date, as well as attaching my return flight as a proof. IRCC responded on the same day and asked me to notify them once I'm back. After I landed in Canada 3 weeks later, I sent IRCC a follow-up email, and they sent me the portal credentials within a few hours.

Thank you!

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020

So, when you replied to that email, did you give the details mentioned in the pdf? ex: name, uci, email, original entry date etc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I and my spouse got our portal email yesterday. But we are not in Canada at the moment and will be returning in 2 weeks.
Is it safe to not respond to that mail until we land in Canada?

AOR- Nov 2020
Respond after you are physically in Canada. If you respond now, and if IRCC ends up sending a COPR to you, your current visas will be cancelled, and you will have to apply for a PRTD from your current country of residence to return to Canada.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
So, when you replied to that email, did you give the details mentioned in the pdf? ex: name, uci, email, original entry date etc
Yep, I provided all the requested details. One of the fields asked something like "If you're currently not in Canada, what is your expected return date?". That's where I specified when I was going to fly back to Canada.

If you let IRCC know that you are outside of Canada at the moment, they definitely won't issue a COPR for you right away. They will wait until you return, and only then send you the portal credentials.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Crossing my fingers.

went to check my account, nothing new, no letter, but it showed Application Status Updated instead of “Submitted” or “action required”. They’ve got to be touching my application.

I hope this means I’m close to receive the portal email!!

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
After 28 months, my Portal Email finally came! Now hoping it won’t take long for my COPR.

on Dec 2021 got Schedule A and Military requests.
On April 2022 got request for handwritten response to my Sep 2021 withdrawal request to which I declined to pursue.
On May 19, got Re-Medical requests.
On June 22, I’ve passed the medicals for the second time.
On July 04, got the Portal Email saying my application has been approved.

Hope this shed some lights to all of you!!

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
After 28 months, my Portal Email finally came! Now hoping it won’t take long for my COPR.

On April 2022 got request for handwritten response to my Sep 2021 withdrawal request to which I declined to pursue.

Omg we've just discussed it here few days ago, congrats to you! Hope we get our portal emails too!

Reactions: Bluerose94

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW

Congrats! It shouldn't take very long from the portal email to COPR, and to the PR card :)

Reactions: eduardo_brazil

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
My ADR (Police verification) received date was April 16th, everything else is passed, and no update since then. :/ Also, a Nov 2020 Applicant with AOR May 2021. Anyone observed a usual timeline from ADR date to Portal email?

• Sad
Reactions: pankyy

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
My ADR (Police verification) received date was April 16th, everything else is passed, and no update since then. :/ Also, a Nov 2020 Applicant with AOR May 2021. Anyone observed a usual timeline from ADR date to Portal email?
Submitted rcmp in April and they acknowledged last month. Still no movement after...

• Sad
Reactions: nick5139