29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
Hi all,

I see a lot of talk about inland and outland applications, and that outland get processed faster.
But how on earth, or where on earth, does it say what you are?

I imagine I am outland as I am applying from the UK, but having said that, my immigration consultant is based in Canada, so I wonder if it gets counted as inland if he submits it?

I've not seen anywhere where you get to select the visa office you apply through. Is this a now defunct feature due to the express entry being all online? Surely it was online before too?

P.s. I have my ITA already, and are going for Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It doesn't matter where your consultant is. All that matters is where you are.

CIC selects the office - not you.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
redfox05 said:
Hi all,

I see a lot of talk about inland and outland applications, and that outland get processed faster.

I imagine I am outland as I am applying from the UK, but having said that, my immigration consultant is based in Canada, so I wonder if it gets counted as inland if he submits it?

I've not seen anywhere where you get to select the visa office you apply through. Is this a now defunct feature due to the express entry being all online? Surely it was online before too?

P.s. I have my ITA already, and are going for Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker.
I don't think anybody is talking about Inland Vs Outland for FSW category...You may be confused...It doesn't matter whether you are inland or outland, the processing time is same/similar.

What people are talking is FSW Vs CEC. It seems (there have been examples) CEC applicants get processed faster.

Hope you are clear now.

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the replies. So I guess I dont need to do anything or worry about that then :p

As for the inland vs outland, I do still mean FSW not CEC. If you search the forum for it, you will find many threads stating outland is faster for FSW.

And the main reason I ask is regarding the EE stats calculator that someone created and was stickied on the forum for quite a while, as that is broken down into stats for FSW Inland and FSW Outland.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
redfox05 said:
Thanks for the replies. So I guess I dont need to do anything or worry about that then :p

As for the inland vs outland, I do still mean FSW not CEC. If you search the forum for it, you will find many threads stating outland is faster for FSW.

And the main reason I ask is regarding the EE stats calculator that someone created and was stickied on the forum for quite a while, as that is broken down into stats for FSW Inland and FSW Outland.
For this confusion, I would say that you are an Outland if you do not stay in canada and applying from another country of residence

Drizzy

Aug 4, 2016
I don't think anybody is talking about Inland Vs Outland for FSW category...You may be confused...It doesn't matter whether you are inland or outland, the processing time is same/similar.

What people are talking is FSW Vs CEC. It seems (there have been examples) CEC applicants get processed faster.

Hope you are clear now.
So What exactly is Inland, Outland and consolidated in the case of family sponsorship?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi all,

I don't know about processing time differences (not much I would reckon). But for inland FSW you have to worry less about being returned back to your home country directly from the airport since you are already in Canada :p

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't know about processing time differences (not much I would reckon). But for inland FSW you have to worry less about being returned back to your home country directly from the airport since you are already in Canada :p
Was surprised to see a message from me quoted after all this time. It's been 2 years now wow.

Hope everyone else got what they wished for too. Good luck to all those still in the process :)