Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Looks like the additional documents are being reviewed has got amended to additional documents have been uploaded. Any one else see the same?
Mine has been "additional documents have been uploaded" since last week. I was never asked to upload additional documents.

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine has been "additional documents have been uploaded" since last week. I was never asked to upload additional documents.
Yeah... I too did not get a request to upload additional document however the status was we were reviewing ur additional docs. Hoping that we all start seeing the golden mail soon

Reactions: Ruthaj

adeboy

Feb 16, 2016
Hello all,
I've been a silent member of this forum for a while, great to read all your posts so far. My timeline is as follows:

FSW-Inland
ITA: Jan 25th
eAPR: Feb 25th
AOR: Feb 25th
BG - NA: May 1st
Request for additional info: June 12th

I am currently completing my PhD at UofT, and included a letter to that effect with my application. However, I was asked yesterday by CIC to produce additional documents such as T4's, NOA's, etc to prove my work as a TA and course instructor at the university. Do I send in my T4A's as well? What information should go into the supporting letter from my department? What other pieces of information could I provide to prove my work as a TA and course instructor? Your help is much appreciated guys.

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Does your experience as a TA count toward your points ? if yes , I believe you have to prove mainly that your work was not part of your study. A letter from your supervisor and from the department will be needed.

adeboy

Feb 16, 2016
Does your experience as a TA count toward your points ? if yes , I believe you have to prove mainly that your work was not part of your study. A letter from your supervisor and from the department will be needed.
Thanks Mo2016 for your quick reply. My TA experience does count towards my points. Any ideas what a letter from my supervisor/department must include? I don't want to miss anything. Thanks

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Thanks Mo2016 for your quick reply. My TA experience does count towards my points. Any ideas what a letter from my supervisor/department must include? I don't want to miss anything. Thanks
Your T.A cannot count towards your points cos you are FSW INLAND anyways.
I will keep it simple. I am a grad student so I will advise you submit the T4s and letter from grad school and supporting letter from your supervisor will be good.
Your NOA as requested. If you have CRA online acct, you can print that.
Remember, as a student, we shouldn't be working outside campus for more than 20 hours per week. If you have breached this rule at any time, keep in mind not to submit anything that will incriminate you. A friend just got in trouble with submitting a work history that incriminated him and his app was refused.
Goodluck.
FSW INLAND.
Feb AOR 10th

mixture

May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
07-06-2017
Your T.A cannot count towards your points cos you are FSW INLAND anyways.
I will keep it simple. I am a grad student so I will advise you submit the T4s and letter from grad school and supporting letter from your supervisor will be good.
Your NOA as requested. If you have CRA online acct, you can print that.
Remember, as a student, we shouldn't be working outside campus for more than 20 hours per week. If you have breached this rule at any time, keep in mind not to submit anything that will incriminate you. A friend just got in trouble with submitting a work history that incriminated him and his app was refused.
Goodluck.
FSW INLAND.
Feb AOR 10th
I agree with olak131, there's no way your work experience under study permit was going to count for the Express entry. As regards your question, I was also a Ph.D. student when I submitted my application and I included all my T4s, T4As, Scholarship letters, Enrolment letter, supervisor's letter and offer letters for all my TAs. It will be good if you can possibly send them these docs.

Last edited:
Reactions: olak131

adeboy

Feb 16, 2016
I agree with olak131, there's no way your work experience under study permit was going to count for the Express entry. As regards your question, I was also a Ph.D. student when I submitted my application and I included all my T4s, T4As, Scholarship letters, Enrolment letter, supervisor's letter and offer letters for all my TAs. It will be good if you can possibly send them these docs.
Thanks very much guys. Here is the reason listed by the case officer in my document request:

"I have concerns that you have accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified as your primary occupation, specifically NOC 4012. Specifically, I have concerns regarding the genuineness of your work experience at the University of Toronto because the letter of employment that you have submitted does not provide any details regarding your working hours."

So TA experience doesn't count towards CRS points (out of 1200) but will count towards FSW points (minimum 67)? For the letter of support from my department/supervisor, should those letters attest to the fact that I am working full-time (either as TA, CI, or RA)?

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Thanks very much guys. Here is the reason listed by the case officer in my document request:

"I have concerns that you have accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified as your primary occupation, specifically NOC 4012. Specifically, I have concerns regarding the genuineness of your work experience at the University of Toronto because the letter of employment that you have submitted does not provide any details regarding your working hours."

So TA experience doesn't count towards CRS points (out of 1200) but will count towards FSW points (minimum 67)? For the letter of support from my department/supervisor, should those letters attest to the fact that I am working full-time (either as TA, CI, or RA)?
True. While the work didn't give you points, it sure adds to your adaptability. Much more than you stating full-time work (which is legal on campus) , let the letter show what you have been doing as a T.A.
Check the NOC DUTIES and discuss with the person writing the letter to ensure those duties stated in NOC are clearly captured in your letter ( though not verbatim).
In my case, even though my work here didn't gimme points, it sure added to my adaptability according to my GCMS notes.

adeboy

Feb 16, 2016
True. While the work didn't give you points, it sure adds to your adaptability. Much more than you stating full-time work (which is legal on campus) , let the letter show what you have been doing as a T.A.
Check the NOC DUTIES and discuss with the person writing the letter to ensure those duties stated in NOC are clearly captured in your letter ( though not verbatim).
In my case, even though my work here didn't gimme points, it sure added to my adaptability according to my GCMS notes.
Perfect. Thanks a bunch olak131!

Reactions: olak131

emmayw

Jun 13, 2017
FSW inland

Timeline:
AOR: March 16
MED pass: May 12 (BG changed to processing the same day)
ADR: May 12 (RCMP)
May 31 (Gov service details)