+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW for Compter Managers getting Rejected?

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi all, I am yet to apply for FSW1 since I am waiting for my IELTS reults making sure that i can make 67 points. But one thing that I keep on hearing from my friends that Canada now is not in needs of Comuter Managers (NOC 0213) and they are rejecting corresponding applications. In fact, two of my friends received rejection when applied under 0213.

Wanted to check if it is true that now days CIS is rejecting applications for 0213. Do we have anyone recently received rejection under this NOC?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read some cases too, but there is not reason looks behind for bieng rejected base on 0213. Personally, do think if a person is applying as IT manager, then approval of PR is gurantee that he will get a IT manager job in Canada? Then I dont know if you are correct, then why they are bieng rejected on this base..... While I read many places, there are very few people who applied under "Example NOC" and they got job in same position or title after they arraived in Canada. Canada may no need IT managers any more but IT people are always needed, my personal opinion only. If we compare general situation, Why we are bieng Evaluted on Managerial Base while there is no gurantee we gonna get Same Job?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mahharrouf said:
I read some cases too, but there is not reason looks behind for bieng rejected base on 0213. Personally, do think if a person is applying as IT manager, then approval of PR is gurantee that he will get a IT manager job in Canada? Then I dont know if you are correct, then why they are bieng rejected on this base..... While I read many places, there are very few people who applied under "Example NOC" and they got job in same position or title after they arraived in Canada. Canada may no need IT managers any more but IT people are always needed, my personal opinion only. If we compare general situation, Why we are bieng Evaluted on Managerial Base while there is no gurantee we gonna get Same Job?
It is because a lot of IT people are applying under 0213 and when their job experience letter from the employer are received by CHC, they don't have very many, if any MANAGERIAL responsibilities. Which of course results in a refusal.

PMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I agree with PMM. Most rejection under 0213 is probably has more to do with the application itself than 0213. In fact, i am pretty sure it has nothing to do wiht 0213. If it did, then they would take it off the list. I think a lot of people are applying for 0213 when they clearly don't fit 0213.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
There are many ppl who have real managerial experience but their org policy does not allow any kind of employee reference letters. I've yet to hear rejection/selection of such a case.

this is the point that's making my application weak. So, i'm trying to frame as much as documentary proof as possible. But, most of this proof is a diret print out of e-mails and my company's intranet (of course, without any official signature or stamp).

My document set is complete and I'm planning to mail it across on next Monday... keeping fingers crossed...

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
OK, I see all of your points but not sure what exactly CIS expects? I mean, if someone claims most of the responsibilities of computer managers as listed @ http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213 and managed to get the letter from employer mentioning those responsibilities...will that be the end of CIS requirement on this regard?

Just as an example, do we have anyone that has recently received PR under this NOC. I am sure there will be. Can they please share their experience and if possible what are the responsibilities they have mentioned on Application form? May be people are writing responsibilities EXACTLY same as found on website above and Immigration Services do not find that convincing enough.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
In my opinion, i think it's the profile of te application that counts.

See in this field experience and knowledge is necessary, you can't be a property sales consultant have a bachelor of degree in Psychology and get an experience of a Data Mining manager in it..

Your degree has to be an IT related degree, and some low end experience showing basic competency with working with computers.

I think their looking for skilled technical managers who have continious experience, not just managerial like managing a few database technicials with absolutely no knowlege of databases, etc..

Kind regards,

Alice.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
alicechained - you think that is correct?... you're making my case look weaker ad weaker.. :(

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
This is just my opinion man, which doesn't count..

Hopefully your case will sail through so lets just hope both me and you. :)

kashif_nouman03

Feb 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
30-06-2010 London (Full Docs 01-01-2010)
Med's Request
waiting
it is clearly stated stated at their site that:
you must have a master or atleast bachelor degree in computer science
you have worked as a programmer analyst for a few years
You currently work as a manager and are performing one or more duties mentioned at their website

i think it explains all and it makes sense

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
the reason for rejection may be the job responsibilities of 0213 didnot match with those which show when applied.this is not that canada dont want IT managers ..

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
coolguy001 said:
the reason for rejection may be the job responsibilities of 0213 didnot match with those which show when applied.this is not that canada dont want IT managers ..
You will earn points for the number of years you have spent in full-time (37.5 hours per week), paid work. Minimum Work Experience Requirements You must meet the following minimum work experience requirements to be eligible to apply as a skilled worker: • You must have at least one continuous year of full-time, paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment. • Your work experience must be in an occupation of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). See below for instructions on determining the NOC category for your work experience. • You must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

So the work experience can be in last 10 years for full 1 year, you don't need to be working as a manager currently.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
kashif_nouman03 said:
it is clearly stated stated at their site that:
you must have a master or atleast bachelor degree in computer science
you have worked as a programmer analyst for a few years
You currently work as a manager and are performing one or more duties mentioned at their website

i think it explains all and it makes sense
Then I guess I may have problem since my degree is not in computers but in Mechanical, though I am working in software company for more than six years now. Is there anyone who do not have coomputer/IT degree but applied for FSW under 0213? What do you guys think, should I apply for FSW under 0213 or not?

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tarun, you should. for canadian immigration, your experience needs not to be related to your degree.

kashif_nouman, the education requirements mentioned under NOC codes are actually the requirements for finding a job in canada in that specific occupation. and this is not to be considered by immigration officer for making an assessment. because they are not the immigration requirements. they are the job requirements. please read the FSW instructions clearly and stop confusing yourself.

as far as rejections for 0213 are concerned, no idea about it so no comments.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
ja77 said:
tarun, you should. for canadian immigration, your experience needs not to be related to your degree.

kashif_nouman, the education requirements mentioned under NOC codes are actually the requirements for doing a job in canada in that specific occupation. and this is not to be considered by immigration officer for making an assessment. because they are not the immigration requirements. they are the job requirements. please read the FSW instructions clearly and stop confusing yourself.

as far as rejections for 0213 are concerned, no idea about it so no comments.
ja77, do you mean to say "tarun, you should NOT. for canadian immigration, your experience needs not to be related to your degree."