+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Cairo / Egypt Office - ONLY 2009 Applicants

hamdigalal

Dec 22, 2009
You allright I don`t know what is wrong with Cairo Visa Office,compare to other visa offices around the world you can tell there is big difference ,I hope things get better

samehyassa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2007
hello every body,
My question about the possibility of update in my application concerning points earned by language is it accepted or not?. I claimed that I am basic level in French to get 2 points and complete the 67 points pass mark depending on my high school certificate, but now I doubt if they will consider it or not, so i am thinking of retake the Ielts to get these 2 points. So, will they accept the new Ielts results or they will ask for TEF according to the original application.

Regards

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Hello Yassa,
I read some of your earlier posts. If I am not mistaken Cairo office mailed you more than a year ago to continue with your application.
Do you think they did not review your application at all since they gave you one month to withdraw your application otherwise they will consider u r still interested in immigrating to Canada? If they did not review until now, then, why they did contact you, if they weren’t about to commence reviewing your file? Is it fair leaving people this much time and come at the end telling your points are under 67 coz u did not submit proof of French language.
If they fairly follow the old rules which were in effect when they received your application they can not cancel the 2 points of French language and go ahead and reject you. Old rules instruct the Visa Officer if he is not satisfied he has to request you a language test. That’s if they did not tell u otherwise when they contacted you recently.
,Best Regard

S

saedmahraan

samehyassa said:
hello every body,
My question about the possibility of update in my application concerning points earned by language is it accepted or not?. I claimed that I am basic level in French to get 2 points and complete the 67 points pass mark depending on my high school certificate, but now I doubt if they will consider it or not, so i am thinking of retake the Ielts to get these 2 points. So, will they accept the new Ielts results or they will ask for TEF according to the original application.

Regards
dear Sameeh
pay attention

you must do ielts agin to achive your score

secondary school french will not considered

I KNOW TWO persons who had been asked for ielts like you

goodluck

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Dear Saed

Do you mean the two persons had been asked for tef to claim points for french.

I understand that we have to provide proof of language for the first language choosen (in my case, English) and for second language basic level which claim for 2 points it is not necessary to provide the TEF unless the VO asks for it. please help me understand as I did not provide tef for french. do I need to submit TEF as i am also claiming 2 points from french language

regards

S

saedmahraan

afr said:
Dear Saed

Do you mean the two persons had been asked for tef to claim points for french.

I understand that we have to provide proof of language for the first language choosen (in my case, English) and for second language basic level which claim for 2 points it is not necessary to provide the TEF unless the VO asks for it. please help me understand as I did not provide tef for french. do I need to submit TEF as i am also claiming 2 points from french language

regards
hi there

if you claim basic knowledge in french you must provide tef
if you claim knowledge of english you must provide ielts

no way other than that as we are not naitive speakers of english

my friends claimed 2 point for french as they had studied in secondary school
but

embassy asked them for tef or ielts that cover the gap

that occured one year ago

nowadays as roles have been changed it is very dangerous to wait vo to ask you as he can refuse your application without any notice

so pay attention

i am sorry for that but you have to repeat and send new ielts

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
pls help me all

i got my result ielts it was as following/

- 4 read
= 4 write
- 4.5 listen

- 5.5 speak

my question how much the officer will giver according to that?
as i want 5 points to reach 67 points

pls advice
mohammad

samehyassa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2007
thanks afr and Saeed,
I understand that 90% they will not accept the secondary school certificate as a prove for basic french, the problem is that i already claimed 2 points in french. so will they accept them from English or i am still requested to provide Tef for french. If it will be Ielts, which Ielts points should i follow the old one according to the time i opened my file in 2006 or the new points system.

regards,

smilermail

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have just read this in the egyptiantalk forum, it means they are working there at Cairo office.

إقتباس(qenawy @ Apr 7 2010, 01:39 PM)
الف الف مبروك

ممكن تفيدنا حضرتك بتاريخ تقديمك وهل وصل طلب الكشف بايميل ام ماذا ؟

اكيد طبعا

انا قدمت الملف الفيدرالي للسفارة وكان بروسيس في 26/7/2009 وصل الكشف الطبي في 29 مارس 2010
عملت الكشف الطبي يوم الاربع الساعه 6 مساء

وصلني الكشف الطبي عن طريق مكتب المحامي ( اللي هوة غلطة عمري طبعا ) وطبعا هوة جاله ايميل من السفارة بكدا وبعتلي الايميل مباشرا

ورحت دفعت فلوس اللاندنج كمان في سيتي بنك في رقم حسابها 5100 جنيه مصري لأني متجوز

اي استفسارات انا في الخدمة

تم تحرير المشاركة بواسطة hborsa: Apr 8 2010, 08:25 AM

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Dear Saed

The statement mentioned below is extracted from the Visa Officer Operational Manual Op 06 Clause 11.10 other written evidence: -

((( If … the material submitted satisfies the officer that the applicant has the proficiency levels claimed

Then the officer will …

• award language points for the proficiency levels claimed, according to the chart provided in Section 11.3.

(((If …the material submitted satisfies the officer that the applicant has demonstrated language proficiency of at least Benchmark level "4" but not the proficiency levels claimed

Then the officer will …

• inform the applicant in writing that they have not demonstrated compliance with the Benchmarks at the levels claimed.

• offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the results of a designated language test within a certain time period.

• For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the CIO, do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the results of a designated language test
If the designated test option is not pursued by the applicant:

• inform the applicant that they have satisfied the officer of some language proficiency but have not demonstrated compliance with the Benchmarks for the levels they have claimed and award the maximum points that are appropriate for the submission.))

Now u can see that according to the clause, for applicant before 10-04-2010, if the visa officer is not satisfied with the written submission the officer should offer the applicant to take the test.

Regards

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
pls help me all

- 4 read
= 4 write
- 4.5 listen

- 5.5 speak

pls advice
mohammad

Doddy

May 1, 2010
zakout76 said:
pls help me all

- 4 read
= 4 write
- 4.5 listen

- 5.5 speak

pls advice
mohammad
u score 5 points

Level
Points (per ability)
Test results for each ability
Speaking
Listening
Reading (General Training)
Writing (General Training)
High
First official language: 4 Second official language: 2
6.5 - 9.0
7.5 - 9.0
6.5 - 9.0
6.5 - 9.0
Moderate
Either official language: 2
5.5 - 6.0
5.5 – 7.0
5.0 - 6.0
5.5 - 6.0
Basic
Either official language: 1 (maximum of 2)
4.0 – 5.0
4.5 – 5.0
3.5 - 4.5
4.0 – 5.0
No
Less than 4.0
Less than 4.5
Less than 3.5
Less than 4.0

S

saedmahraan

afr said:
Dear Saed

The statement mentioned below is extracted from the Visa Officer Operational Manual Op 06 Clause 11.10 other written evidence: -

((( If ... the material submitted satisfies the officer that the applicant has the proficiency levels claimed

Then the officer will ...

• award language points for the proficiency levels claimed, according to the chart provided in Section 11.3.

(((If ...the material submitted satisfies the officer that the applicant has demonstrated language proficiency of at least Benchmark level "4" but not the proficiency levels claimed

Then the officer will ...

• inform the applicant in writing that they have not demonstrated compliance with the Benchmarks at the levels claimed.

• offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the results of a designated language test within a certain time period.

• For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the CIO, do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the results of a designated language test
If the designated test option is not pursued by the applicant:

• inform the applicant that they have satisfied the officer of some language proficiency but have not demonstrated compliance with the Benchmarks for the levels they have claimed and award the maximum points that are appropriate for the submission.))

Now u can see that according to the clause, for applicant before 10-04-2010, if the visa officer is not satisfied with the written submission the officer should offer the applicant to take the test.

Regards
اخي الفاضل بالعربي

اعرف اتنين اتبعتلهم طلب اعادة الاليتس او عمل امتحان تي اي اف
الاوفيسر في مصر ما بيعترفوش باي حاجة غير اليتس والتي اي اف

واسال مجرب

لو معاك دكتوراه في الانجليزي برضه عاوزين اليتس

لو مدرس فرنساوي برضه عاوزين تي اي اف

انا اخليت مسئوليتي

كونك كتبت انك بيزك في الفرنسي مش مهم لو غيرت رايك وجبت درجاتاللغة من الانجليزي بالاليتس فقط

واخبار الشكاوي لوزير الهجرة ايه ؟

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
i dont know if you have ideA

people said to me that i will get 4 points only

coz basic level the officer will give you max 2points not more that 2 points even if you earn 3 points
and1 moderate its mean 2 the total 4 points

i dont know if its correct or no

same you but max 2 in basic level
pls advice if any one has similer case
thanks

S

saedmahraan

zakout76 said:
i dont know if you have ideA

people said to me that i will get 4 points only

coz basic level the officer will give you max 2points not more that 2 points even if you earn 3 points
and1 moderate its mean 2 the total 4 points

i dont know if its correct or no

same you but max 2 in basic level
pls advice if any one has similer case
thanks
لا يا اخي

هذا يحدث في اللغة الاجنبية الثانية يعني الفرنسي

لو جبت اربعة بيزك هياخد درجتين فقط

انما اللغة الاولي تحسب درجاتك كاملة

واطلع علي المطاريد