+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Application by Ourselves

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ WishingStar,

You would apply under economic.....family is if you have family applying for you...economic is for Federal Skilled worker applying for themselves.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
They are ADDING minimum band criteria starting in May, not removing. YOu will need at least 6.0 in each category of IELTS to be eligible to apply.

Vats said:
I think they have removed minimum band criteria form new rule?

any idea

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wishing StarI am new to this just as you are but I am willing to help in any way I can

wishingstar said:
Thanks islandbabe for that info!hope to here more from you again soon :)

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Friends,
I am new to this place and for obvious reasons looking for information. Right now i am little confused. I would liek to apply under FSW and i had read in here that people had applied as late as in jan 2013. As far as my knowledge and info here goes the program is on hold and only going to open on 4 may 2013 with new NOC list and few other amendements. my question is how can one apply when the program is on hold and even if they applied under which NOC list? would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this. thank you

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
The application is still open (has never closed) for people who have 1)a valid job offer or 2) applying through phd stream. For everybody else, the application begins only in May.

goodmrng1947 said:
Hello Friends,
I am new to this place and for obvious reasons looking for information. Right now i am little confused. I would liek to apply under FSW and i had read in here that people had applied as late as in jan 2013. As far as my knowledge and info here goes the program is on hold and only going to open on 4 may 2013 with new NOC list and few other amendements. my question is how can one apply when the program is on hold and even if they applied under which NOC list? would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this. thank you

totem

Mar 7, 2013
Hello Everyone,

This topic here is filled with good information. Thanks for taking your time and answering all the questions. It is very helpful to see what you need to do to migrate.

I am too thinking about moving to Canada with my wife. We are planning to apply for Skilled Worker in May (From Ireland).

Read through all of your messages and one thing that is not clear is how much money do you need to prove to have on your bank acc ?
Does this proof need to be submitted with the application or somewhere along the way ?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Totem

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
The amount depends on the number of family members. Follow this link to figure out what it would be for your family:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

A bank certification letter or a statement should be sent with the application at the beginning. Later on, you might be asked to submit around 6 months (usually) of activity history for your bank.

totem said:
Hello Everyone,

This topic here is filled with good information. Thanks for taking your time and answering all the questions. It is very helpful to see what you need to do to migrate.

I am too thinking about moving to Canada with my wife. We are planning to apply for Skilled Worker in May (From Ireland).

Read through all of your messages and one thing that is not clear is how much money do you need to prove to have on your bank acc ?
Does this proof need to be submitted with the application or somewhere along the way ?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Totem

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
Hello gopaldutt,

In my case, my wife had to take the IELTS exam as well because I was claiming points as well for her proficiency.

Regarding the employment letter, I did not have this when I applied. I basically just submitted my resume that stated I am qualified in one of the NOC specified occupations in the list. I landed here in Canada without any job offer.

Good luck to all.

Rich

gopaldutt said:
Based on my thoughts and assumptions, I very much am sure, it is principal applicant who takes IELTS. Dependents need not take this. Again we would like to get a formal and more accurate answer for this, may be from CIC.

However, again, is there anyone who can confirm if we need Employment letter before applying for FSW? I could not find a valid satisfactory answer to this so far. As I said earlier, I am unable to reach CIC to clarify this.

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
HI TO ALL, IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE THREAD, DEAR ALL PLEASE GUIDE ME, I DONT HAVE BANK BALANCE, IM MY ACCOUNT.. I JUST HAVE SAVING IN FORM OF GOLD WHAT SHOULD I DO... IS I HAVE TO CASH THEM, THEN PUT IT IN MY ACCOUNT, IS IT OK OR NOT?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR UR REPLY....
:)

Dhyan21

Feb 13, 2013
Hello Seniors,

Can anyone guide me or send me any format of experience letter. i am applying in FSWP i May 2013. right now i am collecting all the documents. your suggestions and help will be highly appreciated.

thanks,
Dhyan

wishingstar

Mar 4, 2013
Hello everyone!

I just have few questions regarding Proof of Relationship in Canada. Do they need the notarized copies or just photocopies of these documents?

* Permanent resident of canada
- Record of Landing (IMM1000) or
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or
-Permanent Resident Card.

* Canadian Citizen
- photo page of a Canadian passport, or
- Canadian citizenship card.

Proof of residency:
Provide evidence your listed relative physicallt resides in Canada. This may include copies of:
* lease agreements,
* the most rtecent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency
* an employer's letter confirming employment,
* monthly bills, etc. (one page of each bill is sufficient)
* credit card invoices and bank statements

and regarding the proof of funds, do we need to submit it during the initial application and if not when will it be needed?

Please advice me.. I need a quick reply regarding these please..Thanks in advance!

totem

Mar 7, 2013
Thank you namaste for this reply, it helps a lot.

Cheers,

namaste said:
The amount depends on the number of family members. Follow this link to figure out what it would be for your family:

A bank certification letter or a statement should be sent with the application at the beginning. Later on, you might be asked to submit around 6 months (usually) of activity history for your bank.

Nicks_FSWP

Mar 10, 2013
I have MS(wireless network engineer) + 3 years of exp in USA and my spouse has MBA(business consultant) + 5 years of exp in India. Who, do you think, has better chances of getting PR done faster based on the demand in Canada (as both the profiles are not part of the list of 29 accepted occupation list)?

Appreciate your guidance!