+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Application by Ourselves

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
namaste said:
PCC: recommended to send in with the application (needs to be no more than 3 months when it is received by CIC) but one can send it later on too.

Other documents you need:

1. BIrth certificate
2. Passport
3. Proof of funds certificate
4. Reference letters from your work
5. Marriage certificate (if married or birth certificate of child)
6. Certified and notarized translations of any required documents that are not in English

There might be others depending on one's specific situation.

Regarding PCC, if I lived and work in Canada for 6+months and I am now no longer living in Canada, do I have to submit a Canadian PCC with my FSW application for May/2013?

I assuming I wouldn't have to submit a Canadian PCC, afterall, wouldn't CIC be able to check for themselves if I had any police related "issues" while I was living/working in Canada?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Here's a quote from CIC about PCC. Based on this, you do not need to provide canadian PCC.

"These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

donutbox said:
Regarding PCC, if I lived and work in Canada for 6+months and I am now no longer living in Canada, do I have to submit a Canadian PCC with my FSW application for May/2013?

I assuming I wouldn't have to submit a Canadian PCC, afterall, wouldn't CIC be able to check for themselves if I had any police related "issues" while I was living/working in Canada?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
namaste said:
Here's a quote from CIC about PCC. Based on this, you do not need to provide canadian PCC.

"These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Thanks for the clarification.

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
DEAR ALL MEMBERS

IM FROM PK,KHI, I NEED UR HELP BCOZ ALL OF U R SENIOR THEN ME... PLEASE ADVISE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I AM PREPARING MY FILE FOR MAY. GATHERING REQUIRED DOC.

I WAS CLEAR MY MSCS( MASTER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE ) FROM PIMSAT IN 2001, AND THEN APPOINTED IN 2002, AS A IT INCHAREGE, THEN I SHIFT TO ANOTHER COMPANY, SAME POST WITH BETTER SALARY, THEN I GOT ADDITION CHARGE OF SHIPPING, I GOT PROMOTION IN 2010, IT MANGER AND EXPORT MANAGER, IN 2011, I GOT ADDITION CHARGE OF HR MANAGER TILL 2012 ,NOW I AM SERVING AS ONLY EXPORT MANAGER...( WHICH IS NOT MY EDUCATIONAL FIELD MY MASTER DEGREE IS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE BUT UNFORTUNATE IM BETTER IN EXPORT THEN IT :)) NOW WHAT EXPR. SHOULD I SHOW IN APPLICATION AND WHAT KIND OF LETTER I REQUEST TO MY OFFICE GM TO GIVE ME FOR THAT.

SECONDLY IS I CAN PAY MY IMMIGRATION FEE FROM MY BROTHERS CREDIT CARD.. OR NOT..

WAITING FOR UR GUIDE LINE...
THANKS IN ADVANCE WHO REPLY ME...

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
http://www.wes.org
https://www.ece.org/
R THEY NOMINATED FROM CIC FOR ASSESSMENT OF EDUCATION FOR MAY FSWP APPLICANTS.???
PLEASE LIGHT ON IT WITH UR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE .

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
please note that CIC will release the list of designated ECA agencies and qualifying occupation list in April. So, we don't know yet which agency will need to do the assessment.

As for which work experience you should show, it will again depend on the occupation list that CIC is yet to release. If any of your work experience falls under the occupation list and you have worked in that position for at least one continuous year, you can chose that particular experience regardless of what your degree was on. If multiple work experience qualify, then you can chose whatever will give you the most points.

You can use your brother's credit card to make the payment.

mkashif said:
http://www.wes.org
https://www.ece.org/
R THEY NOMINATED FROM CIC FOR ASSESSMENT OF EDUCATION FOR MAY FSWP APPLICANTS.???
PLEASE LIGHT ON IT WITH UR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE .

princessjo

Feb 19, 2013
Pls i need clarification on this. I have a brother in USA who will be assisting me with this FSWP application stuff. The reason I asked him to assist me is that I want to appoint him as my representative and I want all my mails and responses from CIC with regard to the immigration process to be sent to him first and then he can send it to me through DHL or UPS to Nigeria. This is simply because I live in a rented apartment in Nigeria and I am planning on moving soon and so my address may be changing soon.Has anybody tried it this way, is it allowed, do i need to fill any document for this ? can he assist me with making payment for my FSWP application from USA if I live in Nigeria?

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
donutbox said:

A question for the Indian Applicant:
Whether the class X certificate that has date of birth would serve as birth certificate?
or is there any other "sarkari' format :-\.
And if yes, can seniors please help in how to get that

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
viveksharma said:
A question for the Indian Applicant:
Whether the class X certificate that has date of birth would serve as birth certificate?
or is there any other "sarkari' format :-\.
And if yes, can seniors please help in how to get that
Well you have more then enough time to get birth certificate from nearby janam maran registration office.yes tenth certificate was acceptable but few also got rejection too.no point in taking risk.This takes maximum 30 days with small fees.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Yes, you can do that. If you check the application packet in CIC's website, they have a form that needs to be filled if you are using a representative. Refer to the following link to look at the form and the guidelines for using a representative.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

princessjo said:
Pls i need clarification on this. I have a brother in USA who will be assisting me with this FSWP application stuff. The reason I asked him to assist me is that I want to appoint him as my representative and I want all my mails and responses from CIC with regard to the immigration process to be sent to him first and then he can send it to me through DHL or UPS to Nigeria. This is simply because I live in a rented apartment in Nigeria and I am planning on moving soon and so my address may be changing soon.Has anybody tried it this way, is it allowed, do i need to fill any document for this ? can he assist me with making payment for my FSWP application from USA if I live in Nigeria?

Mar 3, 2013
Hi there.

This is just a hello from Brazil.

We are all on the same boat now. Hope to hear more and, perhaps, be able to help.

All the best,

Cleber Figueiredo

oge

Jan 4, 2013
Please is it a must that reference letter must be sent together with the application or later on? Also what kind of documents do i need to produce to claim points for work experience of 2 years.

thank you.

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
oge said:
Please is it a must that reference letter must be sent together with the application or later on? Also what kind of documents do i need to produce to claim points for work experience of 2 years.

thank you.
According to me

As of now there is no clarity on the Mandatory Experience Letter from CIC. However it is best case scenario to have one, if one can arrange. Else there is no way to score in Arranged Employment section. You can try in other sections to score.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Oge

Yes the reference letters must be sent with your application letters, if you do not have the reference letters then send the payslips or tax documents from the government that show that you were employed at that time.

Hope that helps.