+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 30 months waiting time, is it the same for all applicants

Zcvxcv

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Currently the waiting time for FSW application to ve processed is about 30 months. Does it mean that all applicants will need to wait about 30 months, or sone applications may be processed for 18 month for example?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Currently the waiting time for FSW application to ve processed is about 30 months. Does it mean that all applicants will need to wait about 30 months, or sone applications may be processed for 18 month for example?
Some will be processed sooner.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I'm assuming you're talking about new applications?
According to IRCC data they're back at or close to their target - 80% of applications are being processed in 6 months or less.
Sure there are still some applications from 2020 or maybe even 2019 but new applications are being processed much quicker.
Quite a few members of this forum (myself including) had their applications processed within 2-4 months or even faster.

Reactions: Zcvxcv

Zcvxcv

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Thats good. I just read a post of an immigration lawyer. She said for the 2022 they processed about 918000 of all cases, and still there is around 1 million. So there is a chance that by the fall, processing times will decrease very much. And also said that she see many FSW applications are processed within around 18 months

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thats good. I just read a post of an immigration lawyer. She said for the 2022 they processed about 918000 of all cases, and still there is around 1 million. So there is a chance that by the fall, processing times will decrease very much. And also said that she see many FSW applications are processed within around 18 months
Each stream has different processing time targets, backlogs, etc.
Personally I always focused on FSW as this is the stream I applied for.
When it comes to FSW-O, there are still old, pre-covid applications stuck in the system but there are relatively few of them. New applications are being processed very fast but of course things can always change. Plus then you have to wait for COPR which can sometimes add another couple of months.
It's best to plan for 6-12 months of processing time but there's high probability that it maybe under 6 months.

Reactions: Zcvxcv

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Each stream has different processing time targets, backlogs, etc.
Personally I always focused on FSW as this is the stream I applied for.
When it comes to FSW-O, there are still old, pre-covid applications stuck in the system but there are relatively few of them. New applications are being processed very fast but of course things can always change. Plus then you have to wait for COPR which can sometimes add another couple of months.
It's best to plan for 6-12 months of processing time but there's high probability that it maybe under 6 months.
FSWP is going through changes so we have no idea what processing times will be like when more targeted applications are selected. Think under 6 months isn’t currently realistic.

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
Holy crap, is it really 30 freaking months??? Most people I know are getting it within 6 months. is 30 months the maximum time, or average time?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
FSWP is going through changes so we have no idea what processing times will be like when more targeted applications are selected. Think under 6 months isn’t currently realistic.
My application was done in 7 weeks. There are plenty of others on this forum who had theirs done from around 6 weeks (I think the record was 4 weeks) to 4 months. Of course, there are plenty that take longer but I still think that around 6 months is perfectly realistic.
Sure, nothing is certain with IRCC but things seem to be looking pretty good at the moment.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Holy crap, is it really 30 freaking months??? Most people I know are getting it within 6 months. is 30 months the maximum time, or average time?
Read through posts above. New applications are being processed MUCH quicker. 30 months was an anomaly due to Covid-related delays.

catch.pdm

Mar 28, 2022
Current FSW applications are getting approved in 25 to 35 days. CEC 4 months