+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Just curious- are all the 2014 applicants done with getting PPRs or there are still some members left?
yes everyone got their PPR; otherwise, you would see someone asking if their are the only one left lol

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Renozzz said:
Did they ask for proof of funds at CIC office ? if yes, how did you show them ? and how many days it took to get your passport stamped ?

By the way in which city you are ? I mean to ask which office you went for your landing.

Thanks
No they did not ask for proof of fund.
Passport stamp, I think took around 10 days.
I'm in Calgary

lovevancity

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
File Transfer...
14-Mar-2015
Med's Request
30-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
04-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2016
Anyone knows the most recent timeframe for getting the passport stamped with PR visa? My passport just arrived at CPC-Ottawa on Feb 18. I am wondering if I can get my passport back by the end of Feb.

Thanks.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know whether or not one can claim PR medical examination expenses for filling tax return?

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi

Can we get medicals done earlier for my Kid

She is 14 months old and for PR medicals is required.
As of today the next available appointment in 2 months later, so is it better to get medicals done earlier.

what are the documents required

Sid

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
koolsid4u said:
Hi

Can we get medicals done earlier for my Kid

She is 14 months old and for PR medicals is required.
As of today the next available appointment in 2 months later, so is it better to get medicals done earlier.

what are the documents required

Sid
you did your and spouse's medicals before- you know you need an official letter request for medicals from CIC. Unfortunately there are no ways to speed until they have asked for it.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
zorroo said:
Does anybody know whether or not one can claim PR medical examination expenses for filling tax return?
i highly doubt you can, its a personal thing not health related. What say Diplomatru?

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Alialiali said:
yes everyone got their PPR; otherwise, you would see someone asking if their are the only one left lol
Its great. We never heard of anyone having any negative issues or refusal etc here. So good :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
they will? Have you heard anything new about it? Keep us updated if you do.

8)
CBC had an article on that issue, you can google it ("radical changes to citizenship"). McCallum will speak to Parliament on March 9, so keep fingers crossed.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
CBC had an article on that issue, you can google it ("radical changes to citizenship"). McCallum will speak to Parliament on March 9, so keep fingers crossed.
Diplomatru, Do you think one can claim PR medical examination expenses for filling tax return? Did you do it last year?

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:

Oh I'm crossing all fingers and toes I have. ;D. thanks!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Diplomatru, Do you think one can claim PR medical examination expenses for filling tax return? Did you do it last year?
I think you can zoroo. Why don't you ask your accountant? I didn't do it personally

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:

The article and similar others are talking about reducing the English language testing age requirement and upping quotas for family applications.

Doesn't mentions anything about credit for pre-PR time in Canada. Still hopeful tho :)