+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
I think you can zoroo. Why don't you ask your accountant? I didn't do it personally
Diplomatru, I agree with you since the clinic which I did medical examination gave me a receipt related to tax record if I remember correctly. I file my tax return by myself using ufile software that's why I cant ask my accountant!

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
How long it will take to get medical request for my kid

I have sent all docs (Emailed them as per request) about two weeks back.

pheakh

Feb 25, 2016
Good news!! Liberal government introduces a bill today to repeal C-24. If the bill is enacted, it will need 3 years instead of 4 years to apply for citizenship. Time spent in Canada as temporary resident before PR will be recounted up to maximum 1 year in the 3 required years.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pheakh said:
Good news!! Liberal government introduces a bill today to repeal C-24. If the bill is enacted, it will need 3 years instead of 4 years to apply for citizenship. Time spent in Canada as temporary resident before PR will be recounted up to maximum 1 year in the 3 required years.
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1036069

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
This is amazing Diplomatru, Thanks for sharing and +1 for you! :D
You're welcome zorroo. I will definitely send Mr. McCallum a letter to praise his efforts as soon as C-6 becomes law. And I invite everyone to do the same. This is the Minister who greeted us with a smile unlike his predecessors.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
It is amazing to see politicians actually keeping their word. Doesn't happen down here in the US often. This was Trudeau's letter to McCallum upon his acceptance as the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. (The name change of alone was telling...)

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter

To highlight from it:

"Dear Mr. McCallum: I am honoured that you have agreed to serve Canadians as Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. We have promised Canadians a government that will bring real change – in both what we do and how we do it....As Minister, you will be held accountable for our commitment to bring a different style of leadership to government....As Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, your overarching goal will be to reopen Canada’s doors to welcome those who want to contribute to our country’s success."

I love Canada and am so glad to be becoming a part of it, especially under its current leadership that is returning to the true spirit of Canada.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
You're welcome zorroo. I will definitely send Mr. McCallum a letter to praise his efforts as soon as C-6 becomes law. And I invite everyone to do the same. This is the Minister who greeted us with a smile unlike his predecessors.
Diplomatru, I strongly agree with you and will do the same. We should appreciate good work and help. :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Yay!

So is it true that the time before pr on a TRV, can max be counted to a year???
Yes, but not until it becomes law. SCCA was tabled in Feb. and received Royal Ascent in June. I believe the Libs will also try to push the legislative process, so that C-6 is rendered effective before parliamentary Summer break.

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
How long it will take to get medical request for my kid

I have sent all docs (Emailed them as per request) about two weeks back.

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi

Got mail from CPC-Ottawa requesting Photos and passport for all members
I have added child on my PR few weeks back
There was no medicals request for my child (Born in US and 13 month old)
However i have sent spouse and my CoPR and passport for visa cancellation last week.

Is this normal?
Since they requested to send all documents in single packet, how should i proceed

Sid

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
koolsid4u said:
Hi

Got mail from CPC-Ottawa requesting Photos and passport for all members
I have added child on my PR few weeks back
There was no medicals request for my child (Born in US and 13 month old)
However i have sent spouse and my CoPR and passport for visa cancellation last week.

Is this normal?
Since they requested to send all documents in single packet, how should i proceed

Sid

Never heard of this. Well if they asked for passports and you have sent them guess it's a waiting game now. Curious here how do you know it's for visa cancellation? Did they mentioned something like that in the mail. May be they can waiver child's medical and just add the visa to the passport?

Good luck

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Diplomatru said:
Yes, but not until it becomes law. SCCA was tabled in Feb. and received Royal Ascent in June. I believe the Libs will also try to push the legislative process, so that C-6 is rendered effective before parliamentary Summer break.
Hi Diplomatru,

Thanks for the sharing. This is really a good news.

Then i have a question. I am planning to do landing this weekend. But in my COPR letter, the first and last entry date is all blank. I don't know why. Maybe because I submitted my PR application in US, and I never entered Canada by that time. However, I resided in Canada from June 2015. When I can change this information? Can I amend it during landing or somewhere else after landing? Or I should do this before landing?

Thank you so much. Or anyone can give any suggestion, it would be much appreciate :)

lovevancity

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
File Transfer...
14-Mar-2015
Med's Request
30-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
04-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2016
Hi All,

I landed on Mar 1. After 14 months checking the forum everyday, the journey is finally over. A new chapter starts.

It's been a great that there are you guys accompanying on the journey. Wish the best of everyone in this forum!