+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greenapple01 said:
Hello,Diplomatru. I have a question about the COPR and wondering if you have any idea about it. I landed last month at Rainbow Bridge. The officer use the "carbon paper" between two original COPRs and asked me to sign on the top one which is with photo. She kept the top one with original signatures for further processing. I was given the one underneath which is without picture and no stamp on it. She asked me to use it to apply health card. But when I went to apply OHIP yesterday, the service ontario staff not accept my copr kept saying it is a photocopy not original. She asked me to go back CBSA to get the original back which i think is impossible. She just did not listen to my explanation.
Do you think I should go back to the CBSA to get the paper stamped? Or do you have any better options?
Your reply is appreciated.
Technically, if you apply now, your OHIP coverage will start in three months since landing. You will likely have your PRC by that time, which has the landing date on it. So use it instead of COPR at Service Ontario.

Greenapple01

Mar 13, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Technically, if you apply now, your OHIP coverage will start in three months since landing. You will likely have your PRC by that time, which has the landing date on it. So use it instead of COPR at Service Ontario.
Thanks for your reply :)
But do you think the carbon copy copr with no stamp on will be a problem when I have citizenship oath later on?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greenapple01 said:
Thanks for your reply :)
But do you think the carbon copy copr with no stamp on will be a problem when I have citizenship oath later on?
It may. There is a procedure to amend it but it takes time.

Renozzz

May 19, 2014
Hi Diplomat,

I need your advice. I have sent my passport to CPC Ottawa with the returned prepaid envelop of Xpresspost but the problem is, I have sent my passport in letter size envelop and returned envelop is of standard size (smaller than letter size). I should have send letter size returned envelop along with my passport as per their instructions. Can you advice me what i should do ? Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Renozzz said:
Hi Diplomat,

I need your advice. I have sent my passport to CPC Ottawa with the returned prepaid envelop of Xpresspost but the problem is, I have sent my passport in letter size envelop and returned envelop is of standard size (smaller than letter size). I should have send letter size returned envelop along with my passport as per their instructions. Can you advice me what i should do ? Thanks
Hi Renozz,

If they are unable to ship with this envelope, the printing location will get in touch with you via email.

ruhee

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
21.10.2014 and 28.05.2018
Med's Done....
28.10.2014 and 23.06.2018
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
???
Brother,

can you help me understanding GCMS?

I don't know why I can't send you PM :(

My son has a medical issue and its pending since december 2014.

regards.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Two days ago I went to local CIC office to do my landing. When I mentioned the mistake in my last entry date, the officer said that in previous years it was a big deal but not anymore (because at that time, they counted days before PR as credit for citizenship). Then I said, what if the government changes the law and returns things to the previous state. And she seemed pretty confident in assuring me that such a thing will not happen!! And I should not count on that possibility :'(

Memg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
perfection_88 said:
Two days ago I went to local CIC office to do my landing. When I mentioned the mistake in my last entry date, the officer said that in previous years it was a big deal but not anymore (because at that time, they counted days before PR as credit for citizenship). Then I said, what if the government changes the law and returns things to the previous state. And she seemed pretty confident in assuring me that such a thing will not happen!! And I should not count on that possibility :'(
Hi,
How long it took to book a landing appointment with local CIC office? I mean from the date you contacted them?

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Memg said:
Hi,
How long it took to book a landing appointment with local CIC office? I mean from the date you contacted them?
Three weeks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
They will announce changes to citizenship act soon.

Renozzz

May 19, 2014
perfection_88 said:
Did they ask for proof of funds at CIC office ? if yes, how did you show them ? and how many days it took to get your passport stamped ?

By the way in which city you are ? I mean to ask which office you went for your landing.

Thanks

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi

I have sent the documents for adding child (Emailed them as it was requested in the mail).

Do we need to get medicals done for entire family again?
How long will this process take from here on

Sid

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
koolsid4u said:
Hi

I have sent the documents for adding child (Emailed them as it was requested in the mail).

Do we need to get medicals done for entire family again?
How long will this process take from here on

Sid
For the child you will need Medicals I believe. Yours are valid for a year until your landing date. So depending on how was the processing goes for the child, yours might or might not be asked again.