23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Aveeen said:
Congrats mate, hope you remember me, all the best !!!
Hey Thank you :)

Of course I remember you. Hope everything is going well with you too :)

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Diplomatru said:
It's like you are not headed to the U.S. that's why you are refused admission. I have an American visa, but they just processed me as a flag-poller stating the above reason. It's common practice.

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/flagpoling/
Hi Diplomatru,

Thank you for the help like always. I have a questions here. It is much appreciated if you could answer:)

I am the PA and I am in Canada now. So I need send the passport to Ottawa. However, my husband in in China.
There might be some trouble to ship passport oversea. Not forbidden at all, but perhaps a little risk.
So to your knowledge, is there any possibility that PA and dependent's passports can be sent to different visa offices separately? I feel it is a little weird.
I am thinking to write to Ottawa to ask, but they always reply very slowly. I am afraid I have to wait for a long time and the answer is no.
Right now, I plan to ask my husband to ship his passport to me ::)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
Hi Diplomatru,

Thank you for the help like always. I have a questions here. It is much appreciated if you could answer:)

I am the PA and I am in Canada now. So I need send the passport to Ottawa. However, my husband in in China.
There might be some trouble to ship passport oversea. Not forbidden at all, but perhaps a little risk.
So to your knowledge, is there any possibility that PA and dependent's passports can be sent to different visa offices separately? I feel it is a little weird.
I am thinking to write to Ottawa to ask, but they always reply very slowly. I am afraid I have to wait for a long time and the answer is no.
Hello fsqsunshine,

All the passports pertaining to the application should be processed at one time and at one CIC office. You can travel to China and apply at Beijing VO together with your husband or have him ship the pp to you, so that you send them to Ottawa. I would advise going with the latter option.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Diplomatru said:
Hello fsqsunshine,

All the passports pertaining to the application should be processed at one time and at one CIC office. You can travel to China and apply at Beijing VO together with your husband or have him ship the pp to you, so that you send them to Ottawa. I would advise going with the latter option.
Thank you Diplomatru. This is very clear.
Yes, I also think it makes no sense if we send passports separately to different visa offices. I cannot travel to China at this time. So I will have him ship the passport to me. Hopefully it will go smoothly:)

Best,

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
fsqsunshine said:
Thank you Diplomatru. This is very clear.
Yes, I also think it makes no sense if we send passports separately to different visa offices. I cannot travel to China at this time. So I will have him ship the passport to me. Hopefully it will go smoothly:)

Best,
Hi,
If it makes you feel comfortable I shipped all my passworts from Qatar to Ottawa and everything went fine. I used DHL and it took them 5 days to reach the final distanation

Regards
Kerdek

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Kerdek said:
Hi,
If it makes you feel comfortable I shipped all my passworts from Qatar to Ottawa and everything went fine. I used DHL and it took them 5 days to reach the final distanation

Regards
Kerdek
Thanks Kerdek. I guess you ship the passports to CPCO directly. Right?
I heard that, in some situation, there is no problem if you ship your passport to a government department directly but there might be issues if the receiver is a single person.

Anyway, I will have him ship the passport to me. I believe it will be figured out.

Thank you all,

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
fsqsunshine said:
I heard that, in some situation, there is no problem if you ship your passport to a government department directly but there might be issues if the receiver is a single person.

Anyway, I will have him ship the passport to me. I believe it will be figured out.

Thank you all,
Hello fsqsunshine,
Actually I sent it to my lawyers address and she sent it to the government department . I was able to track down my shipment day by day , so just make sure that your husband sends you the tracking # and hopefully everything will be alright

Wish you the best,
Kerdek

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:

Thank you all,
They will not ship overseas, so outland applicants need to send passports through a person based in Canada.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Diplomatru said:
They will not ship overseas, so outland applicants need to send passports through a person based in Canada.
Great! Good to know.

Will do it asap.

Thank you Diplomatru & Kerdek ;)

Jul 2, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Hello fsqsunshine,

This is just for information,

My friend is in Canada and his spouse was in India. He sent an email to CPC-O and he got separate passport submit request for his wife in India. So my friend got Visa in Canada and his wife got visa in India. She submitted passport with Delhi Visa office, India

i think thats the right way to do so.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
gurpreet.grover said:

My friend is in Canada and his spouse was in India. He sent an email to CPC-O and he got separate passport submit request for his wife in India. So my friend got Visa in Canada and his wife got visa in India. She submitted passport with Delhi Visa office, India

Thank you gurpreet.grover. Good to know more options:) Very helpful.
Ok. Will let my husband confirm with courier first and then decide.

A little afraid of long waiting response from Ottawa :(

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurpreet.grover said:

Right. But you need a special permission for that. And CPC-O is really-really slow in entertaining any requests.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
It's like you are not headed to the U.S. that's why you are refused admission. I have an American visa, but they just processed me as a flag-poller stating the above reason. It's common practice.

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/flagpoling/
Thanks! Makes sense

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
fsqsunshine said:
Hi Diplomatru,

Hey! My friend had a similar situation whose wife was in India. they got her passport stamped in NDVO whereas his was stamped at Ottawa.

I would just call them or email them explaining the situation. They will have the best option.

Good luck