Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
harrysaini said:
You should send your passport ..you have intimated CPCO and since ur husband is already a PR it should not be a problem !!
Thanks harrysaini for your repoly, +1 and wish you and the others waiting for PPR a speedy process.

nbminister

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28 2014
Doc's Request.
Apr 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Feb 16 2015
Med's Request
Apr 24 2015
Med's Done....
Med doen on May 15, 2016, MER on Jun 16, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
any DM or PPR in these days?

Mr.AT

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Skilled worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd October
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
21st January
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22nd January
Med's Request
13th March
Med's Done....
1st April
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I also got my medical line updated but it's the 6th line for me.lols

candadacalling

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
NOC-2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RFPR, PCC
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015, Medicals received 17/03/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/5/2015 passport recvd by CPC-O 21-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25 May- 2015, Passport received 05 June-2015
LANDED..........
In calgary, on 30 july-2015
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

After I received the PPR email, I wrote them back that I got married and attached marriage certificate along with my husband docs (PR card, passport) and asked
them what I should do now and what other documents I should send. Of course no response. Then, I called CIC this morning and the agent said that I must send my passport
anyways because they asked me to do so. He said CIC only need to know if any important event has happened in my life (like marriage) and just sending them an email is sufficient.

Do you think his response was reasonable? Should I send my passport? Or should I wait for them to reply my email?
Mine was a similar case. My wife is a canadian PR and I informed CIC about my marital status change after medical. But it never got updated. My COPR shows single.
It doesn't matter. You will have to register your marriage in Canada anyways.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Is Diplomatru still around..he used to be the best person to tell us about how to come out of these kind of stuck of situations..

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
harrysaini said:
Is Diplomatru still around..he used to be the best person to tell us about how to come out of these kind of stuck of situations..
I personally miss his contributions very much :/

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
We guys need to do something ..this way our turn is never going to come and we all will be left waiting !

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
We really need to demand answers from CIC regarding their processing procedures:
we need answers to the following issues:

Why is there this much backlog/waiting;
Are files being ACTIVELY processed;
At which stage do applicants experience the most delay; PER to Medicals or Medicals to TLU or TLU to DM or DM to PPR?

If they give excuse that the delay is from security and background checks, then ask:
The operation manual and common sense says that security + background checks are done prior to medicals, so why do people still have to wait for several months before TLU and between TLU and DM;

Is delay due to staff shortage;
Have they hired or attempted to hire more staff using application fees paid for permanent residence apps or from funds provided in this year's budget for such;
If call center agents are not allowed to give proper more detailed updates, then why can't CIC provide more updates online to clients' personal application. It is not a criminal proceeding/investigation so clients have the right to know what going on without recourse to Access to Information Act;

In my opinion I just think the delay is not about volume of applications and I also think our applications are not actively being processed which to me is service failure to their clients (us).

More so, if they claim that not all files are delayed that 'each case is different' then why do applicants all get batch updates (e.g. TLU for a lot of applicants within a day and DM for numerous applicants within 2 days as we have seen in the past).

Mr.AT

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Skilled worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd October
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
21st January
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22nd January
Med's Request
13th March
Med's Done....
1st April
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ONI7042 said:
LOL its 6th line for me too :p
What's ur timeline buddy

ONI7042

Jun 16, 2015
Mr.AT said:
What's ur timeline buddy

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: CPC-O
NOC Code......: 3112
App. Filed.......: 17-12-2014
AOR Received.: 25-02-2015
Med's Request: 29-06-2015
Med's Done....: 01-07-2015
Med received : 13-10-2015

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
ojohn22 said:
We really need to demand answers from CIC regarding their processing procedures:
we need answers to the following issues:

Why is there this much backlog/waiting;
Are files being ACTIVELY processed;
At which stage do applicants experience the most delay; PER to Medicals or Medicals to TLU or TLU to DM or DM to PPR?

If they give excuse that the delay is from security and background checks, then ask:
The operation manual and common sense says that security + background checks are done prior to medicals, so why do people still have to wait for several months before TLU and between TLU and DM;

Is delay due to staff shortage;
Have they hired or attempted to hire more staff using application fees paid for permanent residence apps or from funds provided in this year's budget for such;
If call center agents are not allowed to give proper more detailed updates, then why can't CIC provide more updates online to clients' personal application. It is not a criminal proceeding/investigation so clients have the right to know what going on without recourse to Access to Information Act;

In my opinion I just think the delay is not about volume of applications and I also think our applications are not actively being processed which to me is service failure to their clients (us).

More so, if they claim that not all files are delayed that 'each case is different' then why do applicants all get batch updates (e.g. TLU for a lot of applicants within a day and DM for numerous applicants within 2 days as we have seen in the past).
Getting Canadian PR is not your right. Even after getting your PR they have the right to kick you out if they want to. I am sorry for being rude and I know this is unfair. I want all FSW 2014 applications to be processed asap.

All I am saying is don't get this aggressive. There is nothing we can do about it but wait. I didn't have to wait as much as you guys have to but trust me I know the pain of waiting. Just be patient and enjoy wherever you are right now.

You can always share your concerns with CIC and ask them about updates.

All the best... Take it easy :)

akanbitope

Oct 5, 2015
Of course we all know it's not "our right".

We need to get two things clear though.

1. They need us as much as we need them. It's a mutual relationship; it's not like they are doing us a Favour.
2. It's not free, Comes at a cost. And whatever is paid for deserves "SERVICE". All he is trying to say is they give our application the "service" we paid for or a good explanation.

I haven't had to wait like most folks but I do understand the situation. I submitted my application on the 23rd of DeC, I got MR, FBI report and RPRF in one mail on the 22nd of June. I got my third line updated the Tuesday after I did medicals (Medicals done - July 4th, update - July 7th). I just mailed my FBI report first week of October and waiting for DM.

Why do applicants in the same shoes have different timelines? There should be some answers!!!! That's all we are asking.

vinaj said:
Getting Canadian PR is not your right. Even after getting your PR they have the right to kick you out if they want to. I am sorry for being rude and I know this is unfair. I want all FSW 2014 applications to be processed asap.

All I am saying is don't get this aggressive. There is nothing we can do about it but wait. I didn't have to wait as much as you guys have to but trust me I know the pain of waiting. Just be patient and enjoy wherever you are right now.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
vinaj said:

Hi Vinaj,

I apologize if you don't seem to understand where I am coming from.
If you read my statements very well you will very much understand that there is nothing that portends aggression there in. Truly, waiting is painful for everyone but it will never lead to aggression on my part. I understand that lucky for you, you didn't have to wait this much.

Regardless of my timeline-long or short processing time, I think CIC still needs to share some more detail with their clients about how their files are being handled.

This is service being provided for a fee and one expects quality delivery and customer satisfaction.

Within the above stated context I believe your statement that: "Getting Canadian PR is not your right. Even after getting your PR they have the right to kick you out if they want to" is out of context sir. We are not oblivion of the fact that being in Canada is NO ONE'S right and that they have the right to ship you out IF you break their immigration rule. But the fact that I am a foreign citizen doesn't mean I cannot voice out my concerns nor does it make me a mediocre. Ever wondered about the number of Canadian citizens in other countries (e.g. USA)? So we all move all the world for various individual reasons.

If you believe you are very satisfied with the manner in which your file was handled by CIC during your Permanent residency application then I am very happy for you. As for me and a lot of other people on this forum, I sure am not happy, especially given the fact that I get brick walls whenever I try to inquire about my files.

So once again, I wish I could understand what it is exactly that causes so much delay, at a particular stage of processing, so people know exactly what to expect. In my personal opinion, it is not too much to ask.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
ojohn22 said:
Hi Vinaj,

I apologize if you don't seem to understand where I am coming from.
If you read my statements very well you will very much understand that there is nothing that portends aggression there in. Truly, waiting is painful for everyone but it will never lead to aggression on my part. I understand that lucky for you, you didn't have to wait this much.

Regardless of my timeline-long or short processing time, I think CIC still needs to share some more detail with their clients about how their files are being handled.

This is service being provided for a fee and one expects quality delivery and customer satisfaction.

Within the above stated context I believe your statement that: "Getting Canadian PR is not your right. Even after getting your PR they have the right to kick you out if they want to" is out of context sir. We are not oblivion of the fact that being in Canada is NO ONE'S right and that they have the right to ship you out IF you break their immigration rule. But the fact that I am a foreign citizen doesn't mean I cannot voice out my concerns nor does it make me a mediocre. Ever wondered about the number of Canadian citizens in other countries (e.g. USA)? So we all move all the world for various individual reasons.

If you believe you are very satisfied with the manner in which your file was handled by CIC during your Permanent residency application then I am very happy for you. As for me and a lot of other people on this forum, I sure am not happy, especially given the fact that I get brick walls whenever I try to inquire about my files.

So once again, I wish I could understand what it is exactly that causes so much delay, at a particular stage of processing, so people know exactly what to expect. In my personal opinion, it is not too much to ask.
Hey you don't need to apologize. We are here to share what we feel.

I just wanted to tell you that there is nothing that can be done. And this inability doesn't make us mediocre or anything. And nor would they think of you like that. I have found Canadians the least arrogant. This is my honest opinion and you can go ahead and write them or ask them about it and share your concerns. But it has been like this since 10 years or more. And people have shared the same frustration. I am sorry if my words have been rude.

In my case, I wasn't happy either. I got DM and then got PPR after more than a month. And after sending passports they just held on to it and sent it after another month. And trust me, after getting DM waiting 2 months is even more painful even if you know that your case has been approved.

So I said just calm down and enjoy wherever you are right now. We all are destined to be in Canada and that will happen. The pain and agony isn't worth it.