+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, all American banks are well recognized in Canada. Also, make sure you bring at least the minimum amount required for the number of people included in your application.

ll14 said:
i can only bring my bank statement from usa .. is that enough ? but i had my past pay stubs i can also bring those

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
pepe84 said:
Yes, all American banks are well recognized in Canada. Also, make sure you bring at least the minimum amount required for the number of people included in your application.
yeah thats a big headache for me now .. I need to bring all the cash .. and in that case it will be more than 10000 dollar which i need to declare in the customs .. im not sure of this whole procedure ..

i could not find where to buy traveler's checks .. my bank dont sell it .. really confusing now :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please don't bring any cash as big cash is not allowed in Canada. Just bring a bank statement and that will suffice. You will be able to transfer all your money to Canada once you open a bank account here. No worries about withdrawing all your money now, keep it safe please.

ll14 said:
yeah thats a big headache for me now .. I need to bring all the cash .. and in that case it will be more than 10000 dollar which i need to declare in the customs .. im not sure of this whole procedure ..

i could not find where to buy traveler's checks .. my bank dont sell it .. really confusing now :(

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
pepe84 said:
Please don't bring any cash as big cash is not allowed in Canada. Just bring a bank statement and that will suffice. You will be able to transfer all your money to Canada once you open a bank account here. No worries about withdrawing all your money now, keep it safe please.
why its not allowed in canada ? i thought minimum is allowed ? im really confused now .. some ppl said bank statement is not enough ..

i started to having tension about this issue now .. :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Bank statements are indeed enough. Who said it is not enough? You can bring a maximum of 10K in cash, but no more than that.

ll14 said:
why its not allowed in canada ? i thought minimum is allowed ? im really confused now .. some ppl said bank statement is not enough ..

JustRaf

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th June 2014
Nomination.....
29th Spet 2014
Med's Request
13th Nov 2014
Med's Done....
16th Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd February 2015
pepe84 said:
Hi,

Bank statements are indeed enough. Who said it is not enough? You can bring a maximum of 10K in cash, but no more than that.
Actually you can bring as much as you want, the 10 K is the maximum you can bring "without" declaring , if you have more with you then you must fill in some form of declaration

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
pratik rawal said:
Hi friends,

We just landed through Niagara fall's rainbow bridge few days before by foot. It was great experience. Everything went smoothly and officers on both the sides were very helpful. Please don't forget to bring current employment letter and bank statement they might ask for it.

Thanks to all of you and this forum.
For landing at the boarder, did you need any appointment? or just go and complete the landing procedure? Can you please explain more details what documents you must carry out for landing?

rathna

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Included with App
File Transfer...
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-28-2015
LANDED..........
03-31-2015
JustRaf said:
Hello Guys,
For the people who sent their passports for Visa stamping, did you all include a copy of the PPR email in the package along with the passports? I have just sent the passports yesterday and did not include the PPR email and was wondering if that will cause any issues. Thanks for your help.
Don't worry,, I didn't include the PPR email in my package .. My passport has already been dispatched from Ottawa.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
ll14 said:

You can bring as much cash as you want. But, if it's over 10k, you have to show that it's legitimate money. you can show bank account, sale contracts, etc.
If the cash is too much, proving can be tricky and you might want to avoid it, especially at this time. To be safe, I would recommend to show bank statement for landing and once you get into Canada, you can figure out what would be the best way to bring it to Canada.
Please remember that even if you open the account and transfer the money through banking, still CRA will ask you about the source of money. So, be prepared to present enough proof that it's clean money.

smv2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged 04-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
PER 17-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
MR 22-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
05-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived - 3rd line 13-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
PPR 17-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello! Anybody got an idea where to send kids' passport? They are back home and I am in Canada. Is it still Ottawa? Thank you

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
pepe84 said:
Hi,

You are wrong.
pyzdfr said:
You can bring as much cash as you want. But, if it's over 10k, you have to show that it's legitimate money. you can show bank account, sale contracts, etc.
If the cash is too much, proving can be tricky and you might want to avoid it, especially at this time. To be safe, I would recommend to show bank statement for landing and once you get into Canada, you can figure out what would be the best way to bring it to Canada.
Please remember that even if you open the account and transfer the money through banking, still CRA will ask you about the source of money. So, be prepared to present enough proof that it's clean money.
I agree with your first part.

Second part: You can bring as much money as you want. But then you have provide a legitimate source from which money is coming to prove that money you are carrying is legitimate. Say for example, you sold a property, and you are carrying all the money you got from the property you sold then you might want to provide bank statement, property sold paper, etc to prove that all money your carrying is legitimate. If you cant prove it when asked then your money will be seized and will be give some time to prove that money is legitimate.

CRA has nothing to do with your personal money your are bringing from back home. CRA wont even know that your deposited XXXX no of money in your account.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
smv2014 said:
Hello! Anybody got an idea where to send kids' passport? They are back home and I am in Canada. Is it still Ottawa? Thank you
It depends where you are from and what your country's law says.

For Example, Indian nationals are not allowed to send Passport outside India as it is illegal according to Indian Law. So if Parents are in Canada, and kids are in India then PP has to be stamped in Canada, and there kids PP in India (Just send them and email asking to complete your kids stamping process in India as they are in India), OR parent have to travel back to India, request CPC-O to do stamping process of all members in India.

Hope this helps.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please tell us why I am wrong?

Second, once you get a SIN number and make a large deposit in your Canadian bank account, this will be reflected immediatly in your CRA profile. If you still in doubt, give it a try my friend.

Finally, I personally know people who have done the landing formalities with Canadian or American bank statements and they never had any problems with CBSA upon landing. Please make sure you have enough arguments before saying someone is wrong.

Goku said:
You are wrong.
I agree with your first part.

Second part: You can bring as much money as you want. But then you have provide a legitimate source from which money is coming to prove that money you are carrying is legitimate. Say for example, you sold a property, and you are carrying all the money you got from the property you sold then you might want to provide bank statement, property sold paper, etc to prove that all money your carrying is legitimate. If you cant prove it when asked then your money will be seized and will be give some time to prove that money is legitimate.

CRA has nothing to do with your personal money your are bringing from back home. CRA wont even know that your deposited XXXX no of money in your account.

smv2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged 04-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
PER 17-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
MR 22-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
05-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived - 3rd line 13-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
PPR 17-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Goku said:

For Example, Indian nationals are not allowed to send Passport outside India as it is illegal according to Indian Law. So if Parents are in Canada, and kids are in India then PP has to be stamped in Canada, and there kids PP in India (Just send them and email asking to complete your kids stamping process in India as they are in India), OR parent have to travel back to India, request CPC-O to do stamping process of all members in India.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Goku.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that CPC Ottawa clearly indicated in their READY FOR VISA EMAIL that passports for each accompanying family member must be submitted together. If you are unable to send all your passports to Ottawa, you will have to bring your kids to Canada and send all passports to Ottawa or you will have to travel to your home country and make arrangements with CPC Ottawa in order to get your Visas printed in another visa office.

Finally, remember it is clearly written in your ready for visa email that CPC Ottawa cannot send out passports outside North America.

Goku said:

Hope this helps.