+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

sanak

Oct 22, 2015
hello friends,
I am new in this forum and I am preparing to apply for FSW from USA where I submit my application?

napopa

Oct 22, 2015
hi everyone,

I have a technical question: my PR application is being processed at CPC-Ottawa (QSW category) and I have a post-graduate work visa, valid for another 3 years.
In January though, I'll be leaving Canada for a year because I got a job abroad...
Should I notify CIC of my new address abroad? I'm afraid they could decide to transfer my application from Ottawa to the local Visa office, which has a much longer processing time.
Was anyone in this situation? What did you do? Could I just give them a friend's address here in Canada while I'm gone?

Thanks!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
And why is that? Shouldn't Phd nerds be the safest bet lol 8) ;D
1) intelligence services use doctorate programs as undercover for their officers, especially in technical studies that are related to military use (aerodynamics, radars, etc.)
2) many students violate their study permit and work instead, which is also a huge deal for CIC.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
1) intelligence services use doctorate programs as undercover for their officers, especially in technical studies that are related to military use (aerodynamics, radars, etc.)
2) many students violate their study permit and work instead, which is also a huge deal for CIC.
You sure you are not CIC intelligence officer since you know soooo much jk! ;D

Questions: does the ppr comes after the DM email?
As per the trend, do you predict they will have new visa quotas or whatever you wanna call them by the first week of January (Federal offices open jan 2) or little later in January?
What if ones visa is expiring and they have ongoing PR file. Should they apply for visa extension or a different visa, if applicable? (Maintaining legal status in Canada even when permanent residence in process must be a must?)

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
sanak said:
hello friends,
I am new in this forum and I am preparing to apply for FSW from USA where I submit my application?
Case Processing Center - Ottawa, Canada

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
You sure you are not CIC intelligence officer since you know soooo much jk! ;D

Questions: does the ppr comes after the DM email?
As per the trend, do you predict they will have new visa quotas or whatever you wanna call them by the first week of January (Federal offices open jan 2) or little later in January?
What if ones visa is expiring and they have ongoing PR file. Should they apply for visa extension or a different visa, if applicable? (Maintaining legal status in Canada even when permanent residence in process must be a must?)
I worked in a related field and have an MA degree in Poli Sci, so pencil pushing is my line of business.
1) DM is an ECAS status, which is updated with several days of delay. Generally you will receive RFV letter first, but not necessarily as it is sent from fhe printing location and they have a backlog of their own there.
2) I would say that they won't go on with processing until third week of Jan. But keep in mind that this estimate is based on last year's routine.
3) Maintaining legal status is your reaponsibility throughout the PR process.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
I worked in a related field and have an MA degree in Poli Sci, so pencil pushing is my line of business.
1) DM is an ECAS status, which is updated with several days of delay. Generally you will receive RFV letter first, but not necessarily as it is sent from fhe printing location and they have a backlog of their own there.
2) I would say that they won't go on with processing until third week of Jan. But keep in mind that this estimate is based on last year's routine.
3) Maintaining legal status is your reaponsibility throughout the PR process.

Thank you! Much appreciate

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC applicants started to get PPR (they waited around 8 months after MR)...it is a good sign because it means that CPC-Ottawa can send PPR before Jan 2015.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
CEC applicants started to get PPR (they waited around 8 months after MR)...it is a good sign because it means that CPC-Ottawa can send PPR before Jan 2015.
Do you know when this has started and how often they are receiving PPR?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Do you know when this has started and how often they are receiving PPR?
10 days ago and they reported getting DM this week and it is still ongoing.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
10 days ago and they reported getting DM this week and it is still ongoing.
Thanks! EE applicants are receiving PPR as well! Could you please post the petition link in this post for people who might be interested to sign it?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Thanks! EE applicants are receiving PPR as well! Could you please post the petition link in this post for people who might be interested to sign it?
feel free everyone to sign this petition in order that cpc-ottawa and the new minister hear our voice:

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cic-canada-should-finish-processing-pre-jan-2015-applications-before-express-entry-apps

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Alialiali said:
feel free everyone to sign this petition in order that cpc-ottawa and the new minister hear our voice:

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cic-canada-should-finish-processing-pre-jan-2015-applications-before-express-entry-apps
Done. Thanks