+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Msr_art

Apr 12, 2014
vinaj said:
I received MR today exactly 24 hours from RPRF request......
Congratulations, can you share your officer's number please?
I'm a November applicant too, still waiting my MR!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jithesh69 said:
@ civilengr just search JITHESH RAMDAS you will get everythin :p 20,300 results to be precise!!!

Born and brought up in south India. Completed my engineering in 2005, started working in India and got married in 2011, have a 4 year old boy...worked in Shanghai, China for 10 months and 6 years now in USA.
Any hobbies?

jithesh69

Nov 24, 2014
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-AUG-2014
AOR Received.
08-DEC-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
31-JAN-2015
Interview........
3rd Line Update 15th FEB 2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Diplomatru said:
Any hobbies?
I used to sing in school n college...now a bathroom singer...I play volleyball, ping pong, cricket...n watch crime shows, n I love partying...thats about it!!! Once we all r in Canada we should meet up...Wot say???

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Diplomatru said:
I reciprocated in every case where karma allowed. Thanks :)

But we have more interesting matters than karma that should be discussed urgently. The ladies here are flattering, so I'll write something to hopefully make them talking again.

So, I'm 29, USSR-born. I consider myself Polish, although I don't speak the language. In Russia I worked for the government and at some point I found myself at odds with the politics and resigned. Prior to that I was stationed in Japan for two years. After bidding my farewells to the MFA, I got a job offer at a translation bureau in Moscow, where I could put to use my command of Italian and English. I've been to the USA twice, but I was eager to discover Canada as well, so I visited it briefly in 2014, and decided to apply for Master's in Ontario. It worked out and I got my study permit in April, and in May CIC announced a new FSW intake, including 5125 NOC, so I rushed to gather all the documents and applied in late July. When I landed in Canada, I've sent an addendum to the CIO to change my VO to Ottawa based on current country of residence. In a reply, the CSU confirmed that they've entertained this request. And you know the rest of my timeline. Now my coursework is complete and so is my TA contract. The privilege of PR was bestowed just in time, so I can now look for a new job without major limitations. And yes, CIC is an option for me as well. I will be writing my MRP in parallel. Looks like that's it. And I am divorced :D
Hey Dip, so nice to know about the man behind the curtain!! ;) ....you seem like a very nice and interesting personality ;D ....FWIW, here's my story:

I came to the US (or was "brought") at the age of 7 from India, and lived here till 17.Then I had to leave and was out of the US for about 4 years, then returned, and have been here (with a pending Green Card "adjustment of status" application) ever since (very very long and complicated story that I will probably share sometime in the future).

I am now in my late 30's :p. For around 12 years I worked in the Mortgage/Finance industry (the basis for my FSW app), and then in the mid 2000's decided to go back to school to pursue electrical engineering. Got my associate's degree in Math and Computer Science, while I worked full time in my original field, and now am finishing up the final semester of my Bachelor's from UC Berkeley in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

I was an original FSW applicant back in 2008. Actually I got in by the "skin of the teeth". My app reached them Feb 26th, 2008 (and the retroactive cutoff was Feb 28th, 2008). Then after waiting in line more than 2 years, the Canadian governement decided to do a complete 180 and go back on their own word. That was a huge disappointment for me. Was extremely depressed for a long time.

Then suddenly, just by SHEER LUCK AND CHANCE, around June 2014, I noticed that my NOC had popped back up, and a new FSW program had started. I jumped at it and applied, and several months later here I am with my medicals done :eek:

.....so it's definitely been one heck of a roller coaster ride (both with the US and Canada). Hopefully it comes to a graceful and successful end, and I get a chance to meet in person ;D all of you nice folks!!

and Oh yeah, BTW I'm also separated but not yet divorced ::)

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Diplomatru said:
I reciprocated in every case where karma allowed. Thanks :)

But we have more interesting matters than karma that should be discussed urgently. The ladies here are flattering, so I'll write something to hopefully make them talking again.

So, I'm 29, USSR-born. I consider myself Polish, although I don't speak the language. In Russia I worked for the government and at some point I found myself at odds with the politics and resigned. Prior to that I was stationed in Japan for two years. After bidding my farewells to the MFA, I got a job offer at a translation bureau in Moscow, where I could put to use my command of Italian and English. I've been to the USA twice, but I was eager to discover Canada as well, so I visited it briefly in 2014, and decided to apply for Master's in Ontario. It worked out and I got my study permit in April, and in May CIC announced a new FSW intake, including 5125 NOC, so I rushed to gather all the documents and applied in late July. When I landed in Canada, I've sent an addendum to the CIO to change my VO to Ottawa based on current country of residence. In a reply, the CSU confirmed that they've entertained this request. And you know the rest of my timeline. Now my coursework is complete and so is my TA contract. The privilege of PR was bestowed just in time, so I can now look for a new job without major limitations. And yes, CIC is an option for me as well. I will be writing my MRP in parallel. Looks like that's it. And I am divorced :D
good to hear your story mate. it prompted many more to reveal more about them :) hopefully everyone has great future in Canada & we cross paths on our way to success

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
jithesh69 said:
I used to sing in school n college...now a bathroom singer...I play volleyball, ping pong, cricket...n watch crime shows, n I love partying...thats about it!!! Once we all r in Canada we should meet up...Wot say???
I want to party too...could you please invite me? ::) ;D I loved to play cricket growing up & didn't play for last 8 years or so :( miss those gully cricket days

Destinationca

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-14
Nomination.....
Nov 04'14 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
Nov 14'14 (PER email received)
IELTS Request
Sent with initial package
Med's Request
Dec 05'14 (MR received)
Med's Done....
Feb 15'15 (Medicals Received Status updated in eCAS)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 01'15
VISA ISSUED...
May 15'15
LANDED..........
Sep 12'15
jithesh69 said:
Thanks man for the well wishes...me too think yours would be first week of May based on FBI Clearance submission...
Well, I am a sister -) Good luck anyways!

hoodrobin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
Received my passport today via the USPS. Got the COPR document and the passport. Planning to arrive in Canada in the next few months.

jithesh69

Nov 24, 2014
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-AUG-2014
AOR Received.
08-DEC-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
31-JAN-2015
Interview........
3rd Line Update 15th FEB 2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Destinationca said:
Well, I am a sister -) Good luck anyways!
Well sister all the best...your RFV is on the way!!!

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
747-captain said:
Hey Dip, so nice to know about the man behind the curtain!! ;) ....you seem like a very nice and interesting personality ;D ....FWIW, here's my story:

I came to the US (or was "brought") at the age of 7 from India, and lived here till 17.Then I had to leave and was out of the US for about 4 years, then returned, and have been here (with a pending Green Card "adjustment of status" application) ever since (very very long and complicated story that I will probably share sometime in the future).

I am now in my late 30's :p. For around 12 years I worked in the Mortgage/Finance industry (the basis for my FSW app), and then in the mid 2000's decided to go back to school to pursue electrical engineering. Got my associate's degree in Math and Computer Science, while I worked full time in my original field, and now am finishing up the final semester of my Bachelor's from UC Berkeley in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

I was an original FSW applicant back in 2008. Actually I got in by the "skin of the teeth". My app reached them Feb 26th, 2008 (and the retroactive cutoff was Feb 28th, 2008). Then after waiting in line more than 2 years, the Canadian governement decided to do a complete 180 and go back on their own word. That was a huge disappointment for me. Was extremely depressed for a long time.

Then suddenly, just by SHEER LUCK AND CHANCE, around June 2014, I noticed that my NOC had popped back up, and a new FSW program had started. I jumped at it and applied, and several months later here I am with my medicals done :eek:

.....so it's definitely been one heck of a roller coaster ride (both with the US and Canada). Hopefully it comes to a graceful and successful end, and I get a chance to meet in person ;D all of you nice folks!!

and Oh yeah, BTW I'm also separated but not yet divorced ::)

YOUR STORY IS INSPIRING TOO

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Guys,

I am working as a Physiotherapist in US for the last 7 years. Done my masters here in US. Currently working on my Doctorate while working full-time. Well-paid job but green card is still 2-4 years away(?). Family life has suffered, travel in and out of the country is always a worry. Whims and fancies of the employer is a concern too. Legal immigration system in US is a joke.
I have a request. As an Indian passport holder, with VO in Ottawa, I received my PPR/RFV on April 21,2015. Happy for that. Indian Passport laws do not allow for posting Passports outside any country of residence. Accordingly, I sent the same information to CPC-Ottawa requesting to allow for my passport and my entire family to be sent to Los angeles office on April 22,2015. I have seen Indians doing this and getting emails from the Los Angeles office for PPR.

Do I have reason to worry at this last minute of getting permanent residence in Canada?

I am eagerly waiting for a reply from Los Angeles office.

Thanks

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
I have recently received MR and PCC request. I have an Indian passport and so I am planning to request CPCO to send PPR from NY office. Could anybody share experiences if they have done so.

Also please advise if I should do it.

Thanks for your advice

noc4012NOV2014

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-02-2015
Med's Request
24-04-2015; second line 23-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015;uploaded 07-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
first time 27May, second time10June, DM 30May
VISA ISSUED...
12June2015, passport arrives CPC-O
Hi seniors,

How long does it usually take from MR received to passport request? I am planning a trip back to China in early August. Feeling insecure about my timeline....I am worried either my passport will be asked when I am in China, or my passport cannot come back when I am supposed to take the flight....

Luckily I haven't booked my ticket yet so the date is somewhat flexible....