+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
747-captain said:
Wow!!! you guys are so resourceful!!! ...How do you find out about all of these things (like getting a UPS mailbox which has a REAL home address)! That is a NICE find and it will help me a lot! THANK YOU!! ;D ...except that I am hoping I can do the same thing in Buffalo. Once I go to Canada I still have a lot of business here in the US, and my brother (who is a US citizen) may be away from the US for a year or so, and I'll need an actual address to receive things. Many places won't send things to PO boxes.

Whenever I input something in google, all I get is stuff with a .com ending and US related ::) ::)
since you are US based default Google search results will be .com. instead of searching "UPS locations" try to look up for "UPS locations Canada". this will give you .ca results :)

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
28-03-2015 PR CARD Rcv'd(40 days)

ray2210

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bat001 said:
LANDED!!!

So my Ottawa people, this is the end of my PR journey ;D,

Both the US & Canada border agents were nice @ carway(went to US border office for documentation) - I drove almost 6hrs from Edmonton, it was stressful because I just finished my night shift and had to jump on the road without sleeping or even resting - it was a nice experience, beautiful icey mountains with the heavenly clouds resting on them at Cardston/carway. But there was this sh*tty super-strong wind that can blow off your car while on speed!!! :mad:
I wish you guys best of lucks as we will all get there...but I will still be on this forum as much as I can to render my assistance brothers & sisters

In between, immigration officer collected all my permits: from old to current (study permit, PGWP & BOWP) :)
Congratulations!!!!

quick question - What were the list of things you carried to the Border. I am student as well and I am on implied status as of now. I am hoping to get PPR soon. So, other than COPR, Passport, SP, OCWP what more did you carry?

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SSPT said:
Got my passport request on March 23rd. Could not update the SS as I was travelling.
Good luck to everyone else :D :D
Congrats

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ray2210 said:
Congratulations!!!!

quick question - What were the list of things you carried to the Border. I am student as well and I am on implied status as of now. I am hoping to get PPR soon. So, other than COPR, Passport, SP, OCWP what more did you carry?
Myself and my common law partner took our passports with original TWP and BOWP, also COPR papers. If your are FSW1 you will need POF but as we went the FSW2 no need for POF, it took us about 20 minutes to become PR :)

Very simple, nice CBSA officer and we were welcomed as PR and given a Canadian flag each :)

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
nothing more, I carried a pof just incase..but I knew it wasn't necessary n they didn't ask atall. They just ask you same Qs on your COPR and probably ask you why didnt you Land at CiC office in the city instead of the border (no qualms, just answer) :). You will have to cross over to the US border office to collect a letter of refusal for the Canada agency to use for your landing process - In between, is an application ongoing that qualifies you for the implied status?(eg workpermit, student permit process) Because some border officers will query you over your expiration of status!...Cheers bro!!!!
ray2210 said:
Congratulations!!!!

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
Sir, I am FSW 1 and it wasn't required or even asked atall...the POF I carried wasn't even upto half of the minimum requirement lol. I thank God.
mikeypm said:
Myself and my common law partner took our passports with original TWP and BOWP, also COPR papers. If your are FSW1 you will need POF but as we went the FSW2 no need for POF, it took us about 20 minutes to become PR :)

Very simple, nice CBSA officer and we were welcomed as PR and given a Canadian flag each :)

ray2210

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bat001 said:
nothing more, I carried a pof just incase..but I knew it wasn't necessary n they didn't ask atall. They just ask you same Qs on your COPR and probably ask you why didnt you Land at CiC office in the city instead of the border (no qualms, just answer) :). You will have to cross over to the US border office to collect a letter of refusal for the Canada agency to use for your landing process - In between, is an application ongoing that qualifies you for the implied status?(eg workpermit, student permit process) Because some border officers will query you over your expiration of status!...Cheers bro!!!!

Ok. thank you for sharing +1

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
bat001 said:
We were not asked any questions, just asked to sign and Initial the COPR forms and he asked us to sit down and 15 mins later called back and welcomed to Canada as PR, congratulated and given a canadian flag each. Very easy and smooth process. Now begins the accumlation of time for citizenship and to get Nexus card :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeypm said:
We were not asked any questions, just asked to sign and Initial the COPR forms and he asked us to sit down and 15 mins later called back and welcomed to Canada as PR, congratulated and given a canadian flag each. Very easy and smooth process. Now begins the accumlation of time for citizenship and to get Nexus card :)
Mikey, what is the date of initial entry in your COPR?

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
Mikey, what is the date of initial entry in your COPR?
There is an original date of entry is that what you mean?, it is 5th December 2013, moved here 5th October 2013 and then we went on vacation in November and arrived back in December 2013

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeypm said:
There is an original date of entry is that what you mean?, it is 5th December 2013, moved here 5th October 2013 and then we went on vacation in November and arrived back in December 2013
Did they mention it correctly? (Goku had an issue with that)
PS +1 (finally)

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
Did they mention it correctly? (Goku had an issue with that)
PS +1 (finally)
Well technically we arrived on TWP on 5th October, so shouldn't that be the date?, also noticed they have country of birth as unknown, who do I need to contact to amend this?