Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Interesting to see the notes regards the additional paperwork I sent, seems they were happy with that info as unable to get all references but sent cover letters and pay stubs and contracts etc.

immigrantUSCAN

Jan 17, 2015
DMV USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 14
Nomination.....
Nov 04, 14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Dec 09, 14
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 13, 15
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 19, 15 PP received 22
LANDED..........
Still thinking and discussing
pdhillon said:
Do u got PENGG or EIT license in US ... If yes then don't worry u will get job for sure ... I'm also 2131
Thank You dhillon,
Yes, I do have EIT and about 4 years of North American experience. The only thing is job is so so and I don't like being in H1 and struggling for status. You are at the mercy of your employer.

immigrantUSCAN

Jan 17, 2015
DMV USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 14
Nomination.....
Nov 04, 14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Dec 09, 14
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 13, 15
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pssreddy25 said:
Hi immigrantUSCAN,

I agree with you for non technical fields, it is really difficult to find job in canada.
Finding a job in Canada wihout certification is also difficult.

Anyways, of you want to use your PR in future, you can use it any time.

Here are my suggestion based on you situation:

In that case, dont bother about the Canada option at this point. When you are doubt, Dont do it.
Shifting both of you to Canada (When both of you have jobs in the USA) may not be a wise decesion.
More importently, moving to Canada is not needed for you at this point of time sicen you have a valid VISA status.
If you want to really move to canada, you can make some back ground work, improve network in Canada do some certification and shift to Canada down the line.

I understand, once you have PR, we tend to think more towards Canada.That creats unnecessary headache and confusion.

regards,
pssreddy25

regards,
pssreddy25

Thanks Pssreddy for your insight. We will see how it goes. With both having job we are not in bad shape but H1 sucks big time. You are at the mercy of your employer and all the investement can go into vain at a single word from an employer.

Destinationca

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-14
Nomination.....
Nov 04'14 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
Nov 14'14 (PER email received)
IELTS Request
Sent with initial package
Med's Request
Dec 05'14 (MR received)
Med's Done....
Feb 15'15 (Medicals Received Status updated in eCAS)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 01'15
VISA ISSUED...
May 15'15
LANDED..........
Sep 12'15
*****Reposting if anyone has any insights into this *****

Have a query around making my Dependents as "Accompanying" - At the time of filing, I had made my 2 dependents are "Non-Accompanying", however now I need to make them as "Accompanying Dependents" - can anyone share any inputs around if that is possible at this stage or not? Having said that, we have already completed Medicals for all 3 of us and have had the 3rd line updated as well. Presently, we are still waiting for the final hurdle of FBI PCC which will take another couple of months.

I read it somewhere that if the application is before "Decision Made" stage, Dependents can be added, not sure if I can make them accompanying as well at this stage. If Yes, can someone pls guide me in the right direction and the steps involved as part of it. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

odengi

Feb 16, 2015
Hello, I am a newbie here.

I had H1B in the States a few years ago in the state of Hawaii. Luckily, my employer was honest and good that supported me to apply the green card. My I-140 was approved but it took more time than the H1B permits the worker to stay, so I had to leave and decided to move to Canada. I went to a graduate school and recently graduated, and applied for permanent residency and got decision made a week ago. From my experience, my PE license was not useful in finding a job since I didn't have any connection to the Canadian Society. That's why I decided to go to pursue the masters degree, build some network which I would think it would make the job hunt easier. I haven't started job searching yet because I still have to do the landing, but I'll update you once I start on how it goes. My lawyer in the States asked me for $9,000 to process my green card and had to pay $3,000 everytime I renew my H1B. I keep saying to my wife that if I had kept all the money, I would have bought a BMW.

I exactly know how you feel about moving and starting a new life. Cheer up. Social benefits are much better in Canada. I was paying $1300 per month for my health insurance (employer pays the half and I pay the half, but still $650) in 2010, so who know how much it has become now? My wife didn't have insurance right after she joined me in the US since she missed the insurance joining period. One day she went to emergency for about 6 hours getting some x-rays and IVs, the bill was $5,500.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
immigrantUSCAN said:
Thanks Pssreddy for your insight. We will see how it goes. With both having job we are not in bad shape but H1 sucks big time. You are at the mercy of your employer and all the investement can go into vain at a single word from an employer.
You are true immigrentUSCAN. All the best.make careful considerations before you make any move.

by the way, did you complete PE?

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
Destinationca said:
*****Reposting if anyone has any insights into this *****

Have a query around making my Dependents as "Accompanying" - At the time of filing, I had made my 2 dependents are "Non-Accompanying", however now I need to make them as "Accompanying Dependents" - can anyone share any inputs around if that is possible at this stage or not? Having said that, we have already completed Medicals for all 3 of us and have had the 3rd line updated as well. Presently, we are still waiting for the final hurdle of FBI PCC which will take another couple of months.

I read it somewhere that if the application is before "Decision Made" stage, Dependents can be added, not sure if I can make them accompanying as well at this stage. If Yes, can someone pls guide me in the right direction and the steps involved as part of it. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dear Destinationca,

all of your dependents (Including your spouse, children) are you are accompanying depends even though they don’t come to Canada at the time you are entering. For them you need pay application fee ($550 per person) to process your application.

Your non accompanying dependents can be parents/ brothers/sisters. You don’t have to pay fee for them at this time. But you need to add them in your application, to make sure you can offer PR visa in future if they need. Once decision made, you can’t do any additions to your application.

Now tell me, whom do you want to add as accompanying dependents, your child/spouse or your parents/brothers?

if it possible to add anybody before decision made. call CIC and also send a case specific enquiry to CPC-O regarding to your situation and follow their instruction.

regards,
pssreddy25

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
28-03-2015 PR CARD Rcv'd(40 days)
I came to Canada initially as a student..For those who are coming from the US, I would say the benefit of relocating to Canada outweighs the US in so many things)...concerning job, you will have to be patient and work your way into the Canadian society(people, school, training, certifications)..and once you get that one job, every other bigger jobs becomes so easy for you. all is time, determination and patience.

As a PR from outside, you do not have any idea how lucky you're here in Canada - employers don't even think of hiring people who are on open work permits - they consider citizens and PR first. I have lost some good jobs because I wasn't a PR :)

As an engineer, doctor etc, these are more regulated professions and you will have to get license/registered, these takes a while though...but you will scale through and be well recognized and respected.

I have lots of friends who get calls from employers (with big pay) but they are eventually asked if they are licensed, example is friend who is a Med Sonographer

DavidTFS

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-AUG-2014
Nomination.....
26-NOV-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
06-JAN-2015 (2nd line)
Med's Request
07-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
30-JAN-2015 (3rd line)
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-APR-2015
LANDED..........
18-APR-2015
mikeypm said:
CSE sent 11th Feb and if they hold to 20 percent working days maybe an answer by 11th March. Although CSE of 9th Jan has passed 20 working days and no answer.

The CIC website suggests not sending multiple enquires but as they have yet to send GCMS which was also sent 9th Jan, I decided screw it I shall use every avenue to get answer to why over three months after med and RPRF I have no answer and yet many that apps after mine have PPR or copr. So I sent a fax 12th Feb and will update you all of that gets a response.

I am trying not to, but this is depressing me, app recd 26th May, we are middle of feb and In a matter of months of I have no answer it will have been a year, I don't get it I am in a skilled job and in here in Canada paying my taxes and contributing to the economy and I left wondering what the hell is going on with my app?

7.5 months left till my current visa runs out. Congrats to all who have got PR
I hear you . . . Don't worry about your current visa, you can extend your work permit/study permit using the bridge option till your PR application is finalized. No matter how long does it take you can still remain in Canada.

Cheers!

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
DavidTFS said:
I hear you . . . Don't worry about your current visa, you can extend your work permit/study permit using the bridge option till your PR application is finalized. No matter how long does it take you can still remain in Canada.

Cheers!
Thanks DavidTFS :) in

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
bat001 said:
I came to Canada initially as a student..For those who are coming from the US, I would say the benefit of relocating to Canada outweighs the US in so many things)...concerning job, you will have to be patient and work your way into the Canadian society(people, school, training, certifications)..[size=10pt]and once you get that one job, every other bigger jobs becomes so easy for you. all is time, determination and patience.[/size]

As a PR from outside, you do not have any idea how lucky you're here in Canada - employers don't even think of hiring people who are on open work permits - they consider citizens and PR first. I have lost some good jobs because I wasn't a PR :)

As an engineer, doctor etc, these are more regulated professions and you will have to get license/registered, these takes a while though...but you will scale through and be well recognized and respected.

I have lots of friends who get calls from employers (with big pay) but they are eventually asked if they are licensed, example is friend who is a Med Sonographer
Thank you for your insight. What you say is very true. We are counting on that one job for either of us to get us started in Canada. My spouse (PA) is in the IT field (NOC 2281) and I am in the Sciences. As long as one of us can get a job, the other can go to school and get Canadian education to get started. We want to prepare ourselves the best we can, starting right now, for the move to Canada within the next three years. This includes 1) building connections with Canadian employers in our fields, 2) building Canadian credit history, and 3) visiting Canada often to get a feel for life there.

immigrantUSCAN

Jan 17, 2015
DMV USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 14
Nomination.....
Nov 04, 14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Dec 09, 14
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 13, 15
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pssreddy25 said:
You are true immigrentUSCAN. All the best.make careful considerations before you make any move.

by the way, did you complete PE?
Yes, I took early PE exam and passed it.

INDIA2CANADA.PDA

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
22-DEC-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
22-DEC-2014
Med's Request
22-DEC-2014
Med's Done....
09-JAN-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-FEB-2015
Morning All

This Morning, my ECAS status shows "Decision Made - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." NO PPR YET.. I thought this will change after they stamped our passports.... Did this happened to anyone else...Anything to worry? ??? ??? ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

immigrantUSCAN

Jan 17, 2015
DMV USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 14
Nomination.....
Nov 04, 14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Dec 09, 14
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 13, 15
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
INDIA2CANADA.PDA said:
Morning All

This Morning, my ECAS status shows "Decision Made - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." NO PPR YET.. I thought this will change after they stamped our passports.... Did this happened to anyone else...Anything to worry? ??? ??? ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I guess you will receive email shortly. I got PPR before and still the ECAS status was in process. Fedexed the passport. The passport has not been delivered yet and this morning ECAS changed to decision made. So you interpret.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
INDIA2CANADA.PDA said:
Morning All

Nothing to worry. This is normal. You will receive PPR soon. :)