[color=purple][b]25-03-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]28-03-2015 Third line update 08-04-2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]Skipped (Decision Made 14-05-2015)[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]13-05-2015[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]21-05-2015[/b][/color][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canadianflag_zpsftrnold1.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canstock14162064_zpsbfe36209.jpg[/img]
Working in Canada: Challenges and rewards for immigrants

By Mark Swartz
Monster Senior Contributing Writer

Canada: the land of opportunity. For 250,000 or so immigrants each and every year who are accepted into our country, the dream of a better life becomes a possibility.

Over the past 15 years alone Canada has brought in nearly 3.5 million immigrants. Our country has one of the highest per capita rates of permanent immigration in the world—roughly 0.8 percent of Canada's total population (34 million) in recent years.

But gaining entry into Canada in one of the two main ways—as either a permanent resident or temporary worker—can take time. And there is no guarantee once you arrive here that you will find a job, at your level, within a reasonable amount of time.

What then are the rewards and challenges of immigrating to Canada for employment?

The Rewards: A Peaceful, Democratic Country With Lots of Opportunity

The name “Canada” is thought to come from the First Nations word Kanata, which means village or settlement. It is the second largest country in the world in terms of sheer geographic size: bigger even than the United States or China!

Almost every industry and profession exists in Canada throughout its ten provinces and three territories. However demand for various types of workers can differ greatly between regions. Therefore each province and one territory has its own Provincial Nomination System for specific classes of workers.

Canadian employers are well aware of the benefits of hiring immigrants. Newcomers tend to be hard working and reliable. They bring with them international experience and fresh ideas. There are even some employers that prefer to hire people from other countries and cultures, especially companies that do business overseas or who market within Canada to ethnic audiences.

Job Search Challenges for Immigrants and Newcomers

You might think that in such a large country there would be ample opportunity for all. But you should know that the unemployment rate in Canada remains relatively high compared to past years. And this rate is nearly double for newcomers.

In fact, only one in four foreign-educated immigrants in Canada work in occupations that truly match their qualifications. Compare this figure to the nearly two out of three Canadian-born and educated professionals who work in their chosen field.

What Are The Barriers To Getting Hired?

There are three main reasons why immigrants and newcomers often find it harder to secure a good job than people who have been in Canada for a long time:

1. Lack of “Canadian experience”. Our country may have its own sets of regulations, laws and ways of doing things in your field of employment. Local employers may insist that you have proven familiarity with these before they'll hire you here.

2. Credentials Don't Get Recognized. Canadian employers may be suspicious of foreign credentials, such as university degrees and professional licenses. Moreover there are regulated industries (one where you must have a Canadian licence, certificate, or be registered with the regulatory body for your occupation) such as engineering, medicine, nursing, electrician and plumber, etc. You'll need to have your credentials reviewed and you may have to take some courses that upgrade you to Canadian standards.

3. Language Obstacles. The two official languages in Canada are English and French. If you are not fluent in the tongue most used where you settle, employers may find it hard to understand you. This could hurt your chances of getting hired at a suitable level.

Other potential hurdles include coming to Canada without knowing other people who are already established this country; cultural differences that can lead to miscommunication; getting stuck in “survival jobs” that pay poorly and reduce your ability to look for more appropriate work; and lacking the funds to last here long enough until you find a job at your level or in your industry.

Employment Circumstances In Your Favour

Despite the somewhat daunting odds, there are some advantages that immigrants and newcomers may have over established Canadians. It depends on the type of job you're seeking and the region you settle in.

For instance, employers here know that many newcomers are willing to work longer hours for the same or lesser rate of pay. Other employers value your international experience and different ideas. Plus the extra language(s) you speak, aside from English and French, can be very helpful to employers who are trying to reach other Canadians from your ethnic or cultural background, or who are doing business with countries where your language(s) are spoken.

Making Canada Your New Home

There are all sorts of resources for you once you are accepted for work here. This includes Settlement agencies that help you find a place to live and get used to Canadian culture; free language courses to help you learn English or French; job finding centers specifically for internationally-trained job seekers, and much.

Still you need to keep in mind that competition for jobs in Canada is intense. Be prepared for a longer, more difficult search for employment than you might have hoped for. And read our series of articles describing success stories of others who have chosen Canada as their new home. They've managed to overcome the barriers, and maybe you can too.

Start by becoming a member on Monster.ca. Upload your resume or CV and mark is as 'public' so interested employers can find you. Need help with this process? Check out Monster.ca Help section.

Moj

Jul 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
18-Dec-2014
determination said:
Good Morning

dear friends - i got my passport back today with the visa. my timeline is on the left side. i got my passports with visa.

all the best to all of you. my prayers and best wishes are with you all.

cheers,
Many Heartly congrats. ;D Pray for us too..

Please share your country of stay and also Visa officer name.

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
mumbai2410 said:
Any NDVO August applicant has got his PPR request yet ? Will be great to share the news so
It's been a while I've seen any PPR. Just saw a DM for someone y'day. Fingers crossed....

Arvind Sharda

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application.
File Transfer...
03-12-2014. A generic TLU regarding file transfer also updated.
Med's Request
9 th Oct.
mumbai2410 said:
Any NDVO August applicant has got his PPR request yet ? Will be great to share the news so

Dear we have been waiting for MR... PPR is a far flung... dream.... HOPE is the only key..

Arvind Sharda

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application.
File Transfer...
03-12-2014. A generic TLU regarding file transfer also updated.
Med's Request
9 th Oct.
determination said:
Good Morning

dear friends - i got my passport back today with the visa. my timeline is on the left side. i got my passports with visa.

all the best to all of you. my prayers and best wishes are with you all.

cheers,

Congrats Dear ...

aashu287

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2015
Med's Request
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
8-04-2015
Hey folks, on 8th April I completed my medicals and today I received an receipt of my RPRF fee via email....my status still shows 'In Process' ....so please suggest when I could expect PPR / decision made???

paramsaini83

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 AUG
AOR Received.
1 DEC
File Transfer...
3 Feb
Med's Request
21FEB
Med's Done....
6 Mar third line on 13 Mar
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 May
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Guys how cn we raise cse notes

nakul2222

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015 (2nd line)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-05-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
If all goes well, June end
Got my MR mail just now!

So excited :)

gurjeetsingh11

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am looking for some advise from numerous experts in this group.

I have recently been request for MR by CIC and I am supposed to respond back by May 15th. However, due to come personal constraints and availability of CIC panelist here in my city (in Canada) I am not able to meet this time line. In my best case scenario, I would be about a week late in submitting the results to CIC. Is this ok to submit the results with a week's delay or it will drastically impact my processing.

On a second question, I submitted the Police Clarification Certificate along with the application. Do I need to submit it again now.

On my third and last question, I selected New Delhi as visa office while submitting the application, but I made a move to Canada on company trasfer. Is this possible to send the passports for visa stamping to an office in Canada as I am staying here. If yes, please advise what's the process for same.

Thank you.
Gurjeet

ishwarkhemchandani

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
aashu287 said:
Hey folks, on 8th April I completed my medicals and today I received an receipt of my RPRF fee via email....my status still shows 'In Process' ....so please suggest when I could expect PPR / decision made???
Dear friend, can please tell me when did u send ur DD for RPRF to NDVO after medicals??

gurjeetsingh11

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
gurjeetsingh11 said:
Hello Friends,

I am looking for some advise from numerous experts in this group.

I have recently been request for MR by CIC and I am supposed to respond back by May 15th. However, due to come personal constraints and availability of CIC panelist here in my city (in Canada) I am not able to meet this time line. In my best case scenario, I would be about a week late in submitting the results to CIC. Is this ok to submit the results with a week's delay or it will drastically impact my processing.

On a second question, I submitted the Police Clarification Certificate along with the application. Do I need to submit it again now.

On my third and last question, I selected New Delhi as visa office while submitting the application, but I made a move to Canada on company trasfer. Is this possible to send the passports for visa stamping to an office in Canada as I am staying here. If yes, please advise what's the process for same.

Thank you.
Gurjeet
Frinds, can you pls advise.

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hello Frnds..If anyone has got PPR this week....

MDV

Mar 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015 Third line updated April-2-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-05-2015 Decision Made May-2-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
2-06-2015
2172 NOC 'S please join here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/noc-2172-fswpr-visa-holders-and-also-people-who-are-waiting-for-visa-stamping-t281324.0.html