+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
siouxe said:
In my application, i had specified my wife and son in the Dependents area. Since we don't have any relatives there, we decided that they will not accompany me and I will just file a petition for them, maybe 3 or 4 years once I already settled there. Does it affect my application?
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "filing a petition for them"...you mean including them in your application?

If that is what you did then you are correct...better to include them in your application even if you don't intend them to accompany you straight away..

But please note that once they receive the Visa they will have to land in Canada at some point before the Visa expires...expiry date is usually one year from the date the Medicals were done...so 3-4 years here is not an option since their visa would have expired and you would need to resubmit a new application.

They can always land in Canada just to acquire PR status and then travel back to your home country,,,later on they can easily join you once again in Canada once things are settled for you there...

All the best :)

siouxe

May 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
28-08-2014
Med's Request
29-9-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
3-11-2014
LANDED..........
2Q 2015
medwiz said:
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "filing a petition for them"...you mean including them in your application?

If that is what you did then you are correct...better to include them in your application even if you don't intend them to accompany you straight away..

But please note that once they receive the Visa they will have to land in Canada at some point before the Visa expires...expiry date is usually one year from the date the Medicals were done...so 3-4 years here is not an option since their visa would have expired and you would need to resubmit a new application.

They can always land in Canada just to acquire PR status and then travel back to your home country,,,later on they can easily join you once again in Canada once things are settled for you there...

All the best :)
What I mean is I included them as my dependents but only prepared a DD for myself only (which is CAD$550).

jay_007

Jun 17, 2014
hi,

i am from INDIA and new here. would like a piece of advise from seniors

i have done b.com from delhi university (1994-2000), school of correspondence DELHI University and MBA from EIILM University (2008-2010) which is a UGC approved private university. Also for the above years it was authorised to conduct distance learning courses approved by UGC-AIU-DEC, but have heard a lot of negative about this university.

Queries

1) Has anyone got a positive WES evaluation for EIILM university or ANY OTHER PRIVATE UNIVERSITY FROM INDIA ( it is not in the list of universities on wes website ) . And some immigration consultants have told me that even though private universities are on UGC website but still not entertained by WES.

2) Secondly, if a send my B.Com and MBa and GOD forbids, MBA is not evaluated POSITIVE by WES, will they then give a Equivalency certification for at least my bachelors in commerce stating that BACHELORS DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO CANADIAN Standards or they will just evaluate my MBA and send a report MBA not equivalent to canadian Equivalency certification . and i have to reapply to get atleast my bachelors equivalency certification.

what I am trying to ask that even if my MBA gets not recognized will they issue me a B.COM EVALUATION Certificate ( if I attach both the degrees) or not.

Thanks in advance

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
siouxe said:
In my application, i had specified my wife and son in the Dependents area. Since we don't have any relatives there, we decided that they will not accompany me and I will just file a petition for them, maybe 3 or 4 years once I already settled there. Does it affect my application?
Its correct to include your family in the application (all applicable forms) as if you had not done so, you would never have been able to apply for them to join you later. CIC would have assumed your misrepresented and it could also have jeopardized your own visa status. Ensure you pay the application fee for your entire family (you, wife and son will be $1250) even if they aren't accompanying you and also make provision for them in your proof of settlement funds (family if three is $18,097).
Note however, once you all receive the PR visas, your family must come to Canada before expiration of the entry visa otherwise, if it expires, you will have to apply all over again. Cheers.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
siouxe said:
What I mean is I included them as my dependents but only prepared a DD for myself only (which is CAD$550).
Did you send your application already? DON'T send without including the correct amount of fees for ALL your family members...

I'm afraid if you did send then it will be returned to you as you did not include the correct fees amount

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
bosschips said:
I am in the process of reviewing my application over and over again and I would like to make sure my JD fits the NOC code I am applying for. I have asked others (colleagues, friends, family) to gauge a percentage in which my JD matches that of the one from HRSDC and now I want to gather opinions from you guys in this thread. I also e-mailed HRSDC regarding this and I am awaiting their response.

Here's the JD of NOC 3011 from HRSDC website:

Here's my JD from the hospital:

What do you guys think? Do I hit the recommended 50-80% match? Will appreciate comments from @ Oscar7, @ future_canadian, @ Century, and other seniors or from anybody. :)

More power to this thread! :)
You are definitely good to go - I honestly think that most people would be happy if they had such a matching job reference letter with the NOC duties. If I were you, I would not be concerned at all. :)

Good luck to you!

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
mname said:
Hi Guys,

I'm really new to this forum and very much keen to apply for FSW.

I need a serious advise from masters on this forum. I need to know I am eligible for FSW or not based on below details.

The category I fall under is 2281 Computer network technicians.

My Details:

I have total 13 years of education (10 years of schooling + 3 years of Diploma in Computer Science).

I have total 12 years of work experience.

I'm 36 years old.

When I calculate points it is reaching 67 as per the details on immigration website. But I'm not sure about my EDUCATION eligibility.

I really appreciate everyone's valuable suggestion before I go for WES assessment. (If someone already knows i'm not eligible, why should i waste couple of bucks by sending my docs to WSE)

Thanks & Regards
Member.
For education diploma is considered equal to HSC.. so you will get 19 points in education..

Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equalNote de bas de page 1 19 points

Following is from my WES report, dont know how to copy the image while modifying the earlier post..
------------------------
Credential : Diploma in Computer Engineering
Awarded by: Board of Technical Education
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission Requirement : Secondary School Education
Length of program : 3 years
Canadian Equivalency : Secondary school diploma and diploma(2 years)
------------------------
Hope it help you :)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
bosschips said:
I am in the process of reviewing my application over and over again and I would like to make sure my JD fits the NOC code I am applying for. I have asked others (colleagues, friends, family) to gauge a percentage in which my JD matches that of the one from HRSDC and now I want to gather opinions from you guys in this thread. I also e-mailed HRSDC regarding this and I am awaiting their response.

Here's the JD of NOC 3011 from HRSDC website:

Here's my JD from the hospital:

What do you guys think? Do I hit the recommended 50-80% match? Will appreciate comments from @ Oscar7, @ future_canadian, @ Century, and other seniors or from anybody. :)

More power to this thread! :)
It is OK to me. Around 70% covered.

BTW, you have provided responsibilities of Head Nurse and not necessarily, it means you have performed those :p :p :p :p .

I would suggest write something like "Mr Bosschipps as Head Nurse, performed the following duties and responsibilities"

Some of the comments that I can give:
Adhere to the hospital's policies and procedures including the vision mission of the institution: Adherence to those is the duty of all. Better write Ensure adherence to ....
Adhere to hospital's nursing service division policies and procedures: Adherence to those is the duty of all. Better write Ensure adherence to ....
Communicate information effectively both verbally and in writing : what do you communicate and why? Elaborate those
Attend regular trainings offered by accredited professional nursing organizations : You are actually complying and may not be a role and responsibility.
Willingly be rotated in any nursing units and during night shifts as the need arises : It is desired quality and not roles.
Must be compassionate and have a lot of patience in rendering care and can tolerate high work related stresses which able to adapt changes willingly: It is desired quality and not roles.

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Optimist3 said:
Dear Experts,

Request your help with the below query regarding PoF. This is how I want to show them. Please let me know if it is fine.

1. PF statement - 4 lac INR
2. PPF passbook - 2.5 lac INR
3. Unit Linked Insurance - 1.5 lac INR
4. Savings/ FD - 2 lac INR

The issue is I can't submit balance certificate for 1-3, can only submit photocopies of statement. Please advise if this is sufficient.

Congratulations to all the forumites who got their PER.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For PF statement go to PF office with passport photocopy and a application..
request them hard they will do it :)
I got it in 2 visits, first visit was for inquiry only..

dont forgot to get it stamped and signed from them..

adisu01

Apr 28, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-july-2014
Doc's Request.
Only passport copies and RPF requested
Nomination.....
12-nov-2014
IELTS Request
Completed - 6.5 Band
File Transfer...
No Update
Med's Request
10-jan-2014
Med's Done....
17-jan-2014
Interview........
Hopfully No
Passport Req..
4-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In 9 Months
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June
I made a big mistake of not writing photo taken date on the back of photograph . DOB and Names are written by hand.
will they send the entire application back or will request only new photos?

any thoughts.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medwiz said:
Did you send your application already? DON'T send without including the correct amount of fees for ALL your family members...

I'm afraid if you did send then it will be returned to you as you did not include the correct fees amount
Pipis Husband said:
Its correct to include your family in the application (all applicable forms) as if you had not done so, you would never have been able to apply for them to join you later. CIC would have assumed your misrepresented and it could also have jeopardized your own visa status. Ensure you pay the application fee for your entire family (you, wife and son will be $1250) even if they aren't accompanying you and also make provision for them in your proof of settlement funds (family if three is $18,097).
Note however, once you all receive the PR visas, your family must come to Canada before expiration of the entry visa otherwise, if it expires, you will have to apply all over again. Cheers.
Permit me to differ from the above submissions.

The OP can apply as principal applicant without his family members once he so desire. He must however ensure he has the proof of settlement fund covering all his non-accompanying family members.

If he has a cogent reason such as he has stated,he's permitted. The major thing is to state expressly on his form the family members that are likely to join him later.

He can pay the single applicant fee of CAD$550.

aha2174

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siouxe said:
And From where did you get this information that "YOU CAN DO" this??? If you want to save few hundred dollars then actually you are wasting your money for IELTS, ECA and Courier... Your file will be returned to you with your CAD550 to you... No need to double check with anybody.. I am 200% sure... [/size]

siouxe

May 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
28-08-2014
Med's Request
29-9-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
3-11-2014
LANDED..........
2Q 2015
solomonwise said:
Permit me to differ from the above submissions.

The OP can apply as principal applicant without his family members once he so desire. He must however ensure he has the proof of settlement fund covering all his non-accompanying family members.

If he has a cogent reason such as he has stated,he's permitted. The major thing is to state expressly on his form the family members that are likely to join him later.

He can pay the single applicant fee of CAD$550.
Thank you solomonwise for clarifying. +1 for you...

mayrakhosla13

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
[Hi Century, Hope you doing fine. I am 30th june applicant 2014 under code 0711 . I have one query. I have woked in three companies.
1st company i have worked for 3 years and have submitted its refrence letter,
2nd company i have worked for 1 year not submitted its refrence letter and mentioend that i am not claimin point for this.
3rd company i have worked for 3.5 years and submited refrence letter.
4th Comapny just joined one month before sedning my application means on May 2014. For this i have attached my offer letter and self attested refrence letter.

Plz help that have i done it in correct way or not..... thanks for your advise]

adisu01

Apr 28, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-july-2014
Doc's Request.
Only passport copies and RPF requested
Nomination.....
12-nov-2014
IELTS Request
Completed - 6.5 Band
File Transfer...
No Update
Med's Request
10-jan-2014
Med's Done....
17-jan-2014
Interview........
Hopfully No
Passport Req..
4-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In 9 Months
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June
I made a big mistake of not writing photo taken date on the back of photograph . DOB and Names are written by hand.
will they send the entire application back or will request only new photos?

any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.