+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
gs123 said:
University degree at the Master's level or equalNote de bas de page 1 OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equalNote de bas de page 1).

Occupation related to the degree must be:
NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
licensed by a provincial regulatory body.
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

23 points
How about this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

University-level credential at theMaster’s level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree.
CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required.
23 points

Lemon_Scorpio

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2015 (Addition of Child)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SLU in eCAS)
Med's Request
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
(Weived)
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015
LANDED..........
In Shah Allah July'2016
abcpunjab said:
I have been calculating IELTS points on individual basis. Like Reading 6.0 is equivalent to CLB level 7 and Listening 7.5 is CLB level 8 now for CLB 7. 4 points are allotted and for CLB level 7 and 5 points for CLB 8. Now with one scoring R = 7.5 and L = 6.0. Will it be 4 + 4 = 8 as CLB level 7 covers both L = 6 and R = 6 or individually like reading is eq to CLB lvl 8 so 5 points for listening and Reading is eq to CLB lvl 7 so 4 points for that meaning 4+5 for l = 7.5 and R = 6 not 4+4 =8. I mean the whole CLB level to match or marks as per individual module CLB lvl not all four modul's common one CLB lvl and then equal points for all modules
CLB VS IELTS:

Dear, please be informed that IELTS scores and points to be calculated according to the individual band score. If you score in one band 6.0 and another band 8.0, it will not affect each other. For calculating the CLB and IELTS Score please refer to this website: http://www.ieltsessentials.com/results/ielts_for_canada.aspx

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
How about this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

University-level credential at theMaster's level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree.
CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required.
23 points
That is it!

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshivani said:
I agree.
It is too offending if people comment that an individual is misleading.
No one will gain anything from doing so.

I myself felt that master's will fetch 23 points.
And I was calculating my points in this way.
But I confirmed this from those who applied in 2013 and even some seniors in this forum.
If you read page 481, you may have to rethink about the points related to master's degree
I beg to differ:

If you read the points grid it says:
University-level credential at the Master's lever OR an entry-to-practice professional degree = 23 points
It then goes on to explain more about an "entry-to-practice" professional degree.

the 22 points one is for situations that many countries in South Asia are familiar with:
For example, you complete a 3 year BSc AND a Post-graduate diploma in business administration (PGDBA) from IIM = 22 points

However, if your ECA comes back and says that your PGDBA is equivalent to a "completed" Canadian Master's, you get 23 points. That's the catch.

nshivani

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
merrycan said:
I beg to differ:

If you read the points grid it says:
University-level credential at the Master's lever OR an entry-to-practice professional degree = 23 points
It then goes on to explain more about an "entry-to-practice" professional degree.
the
Thanks.
I sincerely appreciate your approach to convey the difference in opinion

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solomonwise said:
You obviously are off the track. Let me break it down.

It is possible you have 2 Bsc degree - You will be awarded 22 points.

It is possible you have a Bsc and Post graduate diploma - You are still awarded 22 points.

IF YOU HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE,YOU WILL BE AWARDED 23 points. This is commonsensical!

By the way,did you write IELTS? What was your score?
You are right. However, if your post graduate diploma was assessed as equivalent to a completed Canadian Master's, then 23 points.

Satyajit_r

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Do we have to provide proof of Assets and Settlement funds or only settlement funds? I we are to provide evidence for Assets what should it be?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
nshivani said:
I agree.
It is too offending if people comment that an individual is misleading.
No one will gain anything from doing so.

I myself felt that master's will fetch 23 points.
And I was calculating my points in this way.
But I confirmed this from those who applied in 2013 and even some seniors in this forum.
If you read page 481, you may have to rethink about the points related to master's degree
Nishivani, I don't think you have misled anybody and you are right, no body will get any benefit from here. Because if you read from here at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp, it seems only a few area will get 23. But if you read from the pdf file, it give something different meaning. One can blame CIC for ambigous communication.

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshivani said:
Thanks.
I sincerely appreciate your approach to convey the difference in opinion
You are welcome. However, if your ECA came back with a completed Canadian master's equivalent, you can safely assume 23 points in the bag.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
solomonwise said:
Achiever 99 said:
Yes $550, if it is just for principal applicant. (Means only 1 applicant)
Thanks for the confirmation guys.

& Achiever bro, regarding that first & last name issue. I checked my student visa CAIPS notes in detail & you were right about following name format of passport. I noticed that even though my student application form was filled by splitting name into first & last format. They had changed it to a single part in their records (combined both parts into last/family name).

nshivani

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
merrycan said:
You are welcome. However, if your ECA came back with a completed Canadian master's equivalent, you can safely assume 23 points in the bag.
Awesome.
Thanks again.
+1 from my end :)

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
Pls got hrough the FAQ:
http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/faq-before-submission/
Q. How should I fill Additional Family Information form for my Spouse? Is it required?
A. Absolutely! It is a required document and your spouse should fill it. The form asks for “Applicant” and not “Principal Applicant“. Take care of it when filling the form. You, as a Principal applicant will write your name in “Applicant” Column and you will write your wife/husbands name in “Spouse” column.

Similarly, when your spouse is filling the form, he/she will write his/her name in the “Applicant” row & your name in the “Spouse“.

For both forms, you will write your kids details [if any], or will sign the declaration at the bottom of second section for no kids.

tx

but i didnt get the answer, who will sign on each form?

pl answer

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
obaied said:
tx

but i didnt get the answer, who will sign on each form?

pl answer
When you are applicant, you. And when your wife is applicant, your wife will sign.

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
Nishivani, I don't think you have misled anybody and you are right, no body will get any benefit from here. Because if you read from here at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp, it seems only a few area will get 23. But if you read from the pdf file, it give something different meaning. One can blame CIC for ambigous communication.
Hmmm. I don't find it ambiguous. The comments are applicable to entry-to-practice professional degree. And it goes on to explain what "entry-to-practice" degree is...

Like a MBBS degree from the Indian sub-continent. Its a bachelor's degree, but CIC qualifies it by saying that since its an "entry-to-practice" professional degree (because if you do your MBBS you can practice Medicine, that is NOC 2011 Skill Level A AND Licensed by a professional body...) you are eligible for 23 points.

So in a way, its basically CIC saying that we value your MBBS degree more than a regular bachelor's degree. As simple as that!

In other words, if we had a 4 year year B.E., or even if two 4-yr Bachelor's degrees, its not as valuable as a MBBS!

In even other words, Your Master's degree is equal in value to a MBBS degree.

Now substitute MBBS with Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS), then its saying:

Your BDS is more valuable than a regular bachelor's degree

and so on and so forth...

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
WES application, where you provide your data including educational record and DOB.

The link is http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp

Subash said:
Hi,

Please submit a formal application before your documents are scheduled to arrive at WES. Without an application on file, WES will be unable to process your academic records or confirm that they have been received. My query is what application are they talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.