+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
Punjab2Canada said:
Thanks for the confirmation guys.

& Achiever bro, regarding that first & last name issue. I checked my student visa CAIPS notes in detail & you were right about following name format of passport. I noticed that even though my student application form was filled by splitting name into first & last format. They had changed it to a single part in their records (combined both parts into last/family name).
Just Curious....Were you able to save and validate the application form without the last name filled?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Subash said:
Hi,

Please submit a formal application before your documents are scheduled to arrive at WES. Without an application on file, WES will be unable to process your academic records or confirm that they have been received. My query is what application are they talking about?
You need to apply on the website & complete the payment.
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
merrycan said:
Hmmm. I don't find it ambiguous. The comments are applicable to entry-to-practice professional degree. And it goes on to explain what "entry-to-practice" degree is...

Like a MBBS degree from the Indian sub-continent. Its a bachelor's degree, but CIC qualifies it by saying that since its an "entry-to-practice" professional degree (because if you do your MBBS you can practice Medicine, that is NOC 2011 Skill Level A AND Licensed by a professional body...) you are eligible for 23 points.

So in a way, its basically CIC saying that we value your MBBS degree more than a regular bachelor's degree. As simple as that!

If we had a 4 year year B.E., its not as valuable as a MBBS!
Mate, let us not embroil into dispute again. The source you are citing is unambigous. But if you read from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp , it is ambgous. It is not clear from the note, what the word "Degree" refer to: Master or University level entry-to-practice professional degree

"University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:
•NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
•licensed by a provincial regulatory body.

Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy."

Thanks.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
CanDoIt said:
Just Curious....Were you able to save and validate the application form without the last name filled?
Nah, since they have added my first + last name into the last i.e. family name itself. So, I'm doing the same. I guess the way their system is designed, you can't keep family name empty, so they added my full name to family name & kept the given name empty.

nshivani

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Century said:
Nishivani, I don't think you have misled anybody and you are right, no body will get any benefit from here. Because if you read from here at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp, it seems only a few area will get 23. But if you read from the pdf file, it give something different meaning. One can blame CIC for ambigous communication.
Thanks for the support.
I'd seldom misguide anyone.

You are right, CIC has tried it's best to convey appropriate message but unfortunately they couldn't do so.

They could have instead split the point explaining about 23 points into 2 sub points.

That would have surely given a clear picture.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
I just tried, NO it needs an input (only Alphabets, space, and Hyphen are acceptable), so he can write Not Applicable

CanDoIt said:

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
Punjab2Canada said:
Nah, since they have added my first + last name into the last i.e. family name itself. So, I'm doing the same. I guess the way their system is designed, you can't keep family name empty, so they added my full name to family name & kept the given name empty.
True...and have you noticed...once you validate, your name appears with lastname.first letter of firstname on all pages!!

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
Mate, let us not embroil into dispute again. The source you are citing is unambigous. But if you read from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp , it is ambgous. It is not clear from the note, what the word "Degree" refer to: Master or University level entry-to-practice professional degree

"University degree at the Master's level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:

Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy."

Thanks.
Sorry, I'll disagree.

the term "entry-to-practice" professional degree is commonly used with regards to:
Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Optometry etc.

All these qualifications allow enter into professional "practice".

So, IMHO, the "NOTE" that you mention is applicable only to "entry-to-practice" professional degrees.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
shah2014 said:
WES application, where you provide your data including educational record and DOB.

The link is http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp
I have included transcripts requested form in sealed envelope where I filled out record of education and DOB. Is it called a formal application that has to be sent along with academic transcripts and provisional certificate?

ridhima

May 11, 2014
Hi Dear all,
Could you please suggest based on your real experience- any 1 consultant (in Punjab/chandigarh) for filling my case for FSW, from amongst registered with ICCRC.
Thanks, Ridhima

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
I didn't use WES, so plz ask someone who used it. for ICAS the application is electronically submitted upon completion of payment and you get an email containing your application #

Subash said:
I have included transcripts requested form in sealed envelope where I filled out record of education and DOB. Is it called a formal application that has to be sent along with academic transcripts and provisional certificate?

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:

"University degree at the Master's level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:

Thanks.
nshivani said:
Thanks for the support.
I'd seldom misguide anyone.

You are right, CIC has tried it's best to convey appropriate message but unfortunately they couldn't do so.

They could have instead split the point explaining about 23 points into 2 sub points.

That would have surely given a clear picture.
You both need to apologise to CIC.

The instruction is crystal clear and unambiguous. All you need do is understand the semantics.

There are 2 classes of people under that quote. One with Masters degree and the other with University Professional degree both of which can be awarded 23 points as long as they are adjudged canadian equivalence!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

masimshehzad

Oct 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As scheduled, I am starting this interactive meeting in 15 minutes.

masimshehzad said:
Those who need help with documentation, experience letters etc.

I have arranged this interactive session.Beding interactive session, your problems will be solved in lesser time.

http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA56DF8981463D

For any trouble, you can also pm me.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
I used Canada based consultant, to expediate the process once i get ECA.
What i did was, I completed the application (he assisted using emails & skype), sent him my complete docs & IELTS original. For my ECA i mentioned his address. So he received it and sent in a day after receiving the ECA. Otherwise, it wud have taken 5-6 days for me to receive ECA and another 5-6 days for my application to reach CIC. He charges CAN $ 5,000 ($ 1,000 upfront and remaining after getting positive response from CIC). If you want to avail his services, I can PM you his contact ID. Inital Fee can be wire transferred.

ridhima said:
Hi Dear all,
Could you please suggest based on your real experience- any 1 consultant (in Punjab/chandigarh) for filling my case for FSW, from amongst registered with ICCRC.
Thanks, Ridhima

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
merrycan said:
Sorry, I'll disagree.

the term "entry-to-practice" professional degree is commonly used with regards to:
Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Optometry etc.

All these qualifications allow enter into professional "practice".

So, IMHO, the "NOTE" that you mention is applicable only to "entry-to-practice" professional degrees.
Firend, as requested, pls go through the table at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp . The "NOTE" I mentioned, actually mentioned by CIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.