+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
Hello,

I am following this group from long back and it seems all members are helpful. When I come to know about group by that time I was dealing with a visa consultant and had paid almost all consultancy fee.

My first application was submitted on 06 June 2014 NOC 2174 and It came back to my representative on 12 Sep 2014 but he informed me few days back when i asked him forcefully. It seems that application was returned due to the mistake done by him. He is not saying truth but it seems that he failed to send copy of my education degree certificate along with original WES reports.

Now I am planning to apply for FSW under NOC 2172 my own.

My application pack is ready and planning to send by tomorrow. I need your help to prepare covering letter. Could you please send me any format of covering letter?
Do we need to specify IELTS score, my education etc in Covering letter?

I am not sending PCC with application do I need to specify this in covering letter?
Request you to send any documents to my email id: dipu.gandhi @ gmail.com

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
DiGandhi

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
digandhi said:
Hello,

I am following this group from long back and it seems all members are helpful. When I come to know about group by that time I was dealing with a visa consultant and had paid almost all consultancy fee.

My first application was submitted on 06 June 2014 NOC 2174 and It came back to my representative on 12 Sep 2014 but he informed me few days back when i asked him forcefully. It seems that application was returned due to the mistake done by him. He is not saying truth but it seems that he failed to send copy of my education degree certificate along with original WES reports.

Now I am planning to apply for FSW under NOC 2172 my own.

My application pack is ready and planning to send by tomorrow. I need your help to prepare covering letter. Could you please send me any format of covering letter?
Do we need to specify IELTS score, my education etc in Covering letter?

I am not sending PCC with application do I need to specify this in covering letter?
Request you to send any documents to my email id: dipu.gandhi @ gmail.com

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
DiGandhi
I'm sorry to hear the problems with your consultant. It seems we had a lot of those recently.

You don't need a cover letter to submit your file. They will do all the calculations themselves to see if you reached the necessary points.

Just make sure you send and original IELTS.

You don't need to specify on a cover letter you are not sending PCC as well. It will not delay your application in any way.

BSG

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, my attorney submitted application, but Can i submit WES duplicate report my self without Atorney's involvement?

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
husainammar said:
Hello everyone,

Urgent help required! I am applying for the current FSW program before the new Express entry program.....
Whenever I try assess my eligibility online through CIC for FSW. I get a message that I am not eligible.
But according to my calculation I get max 75 points!

My specs:
Education: Masters from Canada 23 points
Experience: 3 years (in my field) 11points
Language: IELTS 24 points
Adaptability: Canadian Education 2 years 5 points

I am currently residing in Canada and don't have a qualifying job offer
Can someone help me out here?
Thanks
husainammar
That happens sometimes. but have you checked if your NOC that you have work experience in is listed for FSW 2014? If it is not listed, no matter how high you score on the face of it, you are still not eligible. again did you state your finances and it falls within required limit? Do you have that saving in Canada?

shahid_canadaim

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
Dear Forum members -

Finally the application is out and its recived in Nova Scotia today, but when I check in DHL on who signed and recived it its gives the wrong party's name. So, I have written the mail to the DHL guys.. lets see if they come back on it.

Any forumn members face similiar thing with DHL ???

So, now the waiting game starts.. as somebody said bench-mark waiting days is 120... miles to go before I sleep...

Regards,
Shahid

virgomus

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th May 2014
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED : 21st August 2014
File Transfer...
HOPEFULLY 21ST AUGUST
Med's Request
15th NOV 2014
Med's Done....
22nd NOV 2014... Medical Received : 17/01/2015
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
21st January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st January 2015
LANDED..........
soon
uzin7 said:
Anybody Know How LVO is Functioning!!?

Guys, I am really confused. My application was received at CIO on May 08, 2014 and I got my PER on August 14, 2014.

Since then there has been nothing. ECAS status is still showing first line "We have received your application............" and haven't heard anything from the LVO as yet either.

While I am being patient and will continue to be, what is really confusing me is that applicants after my date - Significantly after my date (as late as May 18, 2014 as per the SS) have received their Medical Requests quite some many days back. Again there are several other people who have submitted before me as well haven't had their statuses updated on ECAS or received an MR. There is absolutely no pattern to this VO. Could it be that they are screening a larger number of applications more carefully and a smaller number are just being processed without any enhanced due diligence.

Can anybody give some feedback.

What would also really help significantly is if the applicants from the LVO could please provide information on whether their employers or banks were contacted for any sorts of confirmations so that we can gauge to a certain degree as to what the working pattern at this VO is like?

Looking forward to responses

Best,
Uzair
Hi uzair,
We are all sailing in the same boat brother but all we can do is have patience... seems LVO is in vacation mood and are not ready to get out of it soon... secondly as far as I know no bank will entertain any kind of client inquiry by a third party as per the banking ethics.... as far as employer checking is concerned they can do that but so far I have not come across any such report on this or any other forum by any LVO so can't comment on that.... hope that helps

Zubair23

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
15-15-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
qtasneem said:
Dear All,

Anybody who can help me out with the below question: -

In IMM-0008 Economic Classes Form: My total work experience is 4 years and one month excluding my paid internship.
Current Designation: "Executive Operations" for past 3 years and 7 months
Past Designation: "Executive Voice Operation" for 6 months

Both of my Jobs are under the same organization and without any gap.

Please tell me how can i enter my past designation 6 months in the table as there is no such option below years. It is mandatory for me as i am claiming point for my work experience between 4 and 5 years.
Brother,
You can claim points, just mention both of the titles having different job duration with same NOC, Make sure to quote both job titles on Experience letter.

Take care
Zubair

Chemical3881

Dec 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-30-2014
Nomination.....
09-19-2014
IELTS Request
Along with Application!
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-20-2014; 3rd Line Update 12-17-2014
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
March 5th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully!
LANDED..........
God knows!
NDVO applicant who have received MR request.

Could you tell me how many days does NDVO gives to submit MR?

maha shahzad

Star Member
Apr 30, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2014
Nomination.....
22 sept 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 december 2014
Med's Done....
7th jan 2015
Interview........
rprf ,pcc, ppr1..........5th january 2015, SUBMITTED ON 2nd feb 2015
Passport Req..
23rd feb 2015 ,pp sent 9th march
VISA ISSUED...
21 march 2015
LANDED..........
15 July 2015
uzin7 said:
Anybody Know How LVO is Functioning!!?

Guys, I am really confused. My application was received at CIO on May 08, 2014 and I got my PER on August 14, 2014.

Since then there has been nothing. ECAS status is still showing first line "We have received your application............" and haven't heard anything from the LVO as yet either.

While I am being patient and will continue to be, what is really confusing me is that applicants after my date - Significantly after my date (as late as May 18, 2014 as per the SS) have received their Medical Requests quite some many days back. Again there are several other people who have submitted before me as well haven't had their statuses updated on ECAS or received an MR. There is absolutely no pattern to this VO. Could it be that they are screening a larger number of applications more carefully and a smaller number are just being processed without any enhanced due diligence.

Can anybody give some feedback.

What would also really help significantly is if the applicants from the LVO could please provide information on whether their employers or banks were contacted for any sorts of confirmations so that we can gauge to a certain degree as to what the working pattern at this VO is like?

Looking forward to responses

Best,
Uzair
May 28th applicant here, facing same situation as u.......
LVO took and still taking upto 10 to 12 months, during fsw 2013, in sending MR after PER, and the main reason evident is the security clearance specially for we Pakistanis.......

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Continuing the series of my Ontario blogs.

Buying a car 8)

So, you decided to settle here. Unless you end up in a large city with advanced transit system, you will definetely need to buy a car to get by (do the grocery, commute and do other stuff).

Since you are a newcomer, it's HIGHLY unlikely that this purchase would be financed by a bank or credit union. So, you will have to pay cash. I would highly recomend to start with a used vehicle, because they are generally very well maintaned (most Canadians change oil once in 5000km), and cost ~50% less than a brand new car. Basically, you have two options to go from here:

1) Buy from a private seller.
2) Buy from a dealership.

Private deals actually amount to 10% of the whole used car market and there's good reason for that. If you buy from a dealership, they will do the licensing and emission test on your behalf and pay the HST as well. Moreover, you are guaranteed that the ownership is not encumbered by loans. Most cars come with extended warranties (up to 5 years on drivetrain coverage) and even roadside assistance (which can lower the insurance rate). Some dealerships have a Carproof report that mentions the whole history of the automobile (insurance claims, licensing, tickets, maintanance, etc.). This is Canada-wide registry that holds all records on cars. If the dealership doesn't offer a Carproof report, you can buy it for 50CAD online. The downside of dealerships is that sometimes they apply additional administrative fees, and generally they charge a little more for cars in comparison to a private seller.

http://autotrader.ca/ is the largest Canadian site where you can look for a car with sorting by brand, location and other variables.

If you find a car that you are interested in, give a call to the salesperson and arrange for a showing. Most of the ads don't last forever, so you have to act fast. You need to bring your Driving license, then the dealership will attach a temporary license plate to the car, and you can test drive it all you want. Generally, the salesperson won't accompany you (yes, this is Canada). If you like the car, you can attempt to negotiate a little (mostly, they don't lower the price for a used vehicle, but nevertheless). Then you sign a Bill of sale and deposit a certain amount of the vehicle's total as an upfront. At this point you are legally binded to finalize the deal, so don't sign it unless you are willing to buy the car. When it's done, you will be provided with a copy of the Bill containing all the details on the car, and the owner (that is you). At this point you will have to go home and obtain a certified check from your bank to pay the remaining amount and also buy an insurance (it's mandatory in Canada). You can use kanetix.ca to look for a better quote or call the Insurance companies one-by-one (it's a tiresome process, but the quotes differ a great deal, so do put effort in it). The estimated rate for a newcomer amounts to ~3000CAD in Ontario, the larger the city you live in - the more you pay. However, they will break down the total for you in 12 payments, so you can pay it on monthly basis, which will make your life a little easier. You can buy the insurance by phone, and they will immediately email or fax you a temporary insurance card, which will be valid until you receive the hard copy via Canada post. As soon as you receive this interim insurance, forward it to the dealership and they will license the car for you (usually takes one business day). They will notify you when it's ready for pickup. Don't forget to bring your driving license, certified check and temporary insurance with you. The car will be ready for you, so grab the Ownership (it's the passport of the vehicle containing two portions - Vehicle and Owner), SIGN IT and go home to celebrate. And please, drive safely! :D

To be continued

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chemical3881 said:
NDVO applicant who have received MR request.

Could you tell me how many days does NDVO gives to submit MR?
For my case - I was given 60 days to complete my MR

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jose_c said:
Guys, i see that the quota for NOC 2174 is filled already. Any idea reg. the chances of NOC 2173 getting filled soon ? my attorney will be submitting the appplication by this Thursday / Friday ?
I would say, that there are no chances at all, but you can try. It's all about the courier fee really.

qtasneem

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Rawalpindi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
22-04-2016 Sent on 29-04-2016
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
28-01-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2016
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Actually i am confused that the duration they have mentioned is 1 year but less than 2. Though my previous designation was of 6 months. How shall i write the duration in that section.

Zubair23 said:
Brother,
You can claim points, just mention both of the titles having different job duration with same NOC, Make sure to quote both job titles on Experience letter.

Take care
Zubair

Zubair23

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
15-15-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
qtasneem said:
Actually i am confused that the duration they have mentioned is 1 year but less than 2. Though my previous designation was of 6 months. How shall i write the duration in that section.
Bro,
Dont worry just write 6 months duration but with the same NOC, also they will see your job duties for both of the experience duration, must match with your NOC 60- 70%. If you have four years experience in total with desired NOC you will get points inshaAllah

MapleTon

Aug 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014 **CC Charged**
AOR Received.
01-12-2014 **PER**
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
And the most awaited blog resumes ;D

Thanks a bunch for the extremely useful tips. +1!

Cars there I understand are mostly gasoline, which helps in the cold climate. Is there any difference in insurance pricing if the car is manual vis-a-vis an automatic?

Diplomatru said:
Continuing the series of my Ontario blogs.

Buying a car 8)

So, you decided to settle here. Unless you end up in a large city with advanced transit system, you will definetely need to buy a car to get by (do the grocery, commute and do other stuff).

Since you are a newcomer, it's HIGHLY unlikely that this purchase would be financed by a bank or credit union. So, you will have to pay cash. I would highly recomend to start with a used vehicle, because they are generally very well maintaned (most Canadians change oil once in 5000km), and cost ~50% less than a brand new car. Basically, you have two options to go from here:

1) Buy from a private seller.
2) Buy from a dealership.

Private deals actually amount to 10% of the whole used car market and there's good reason for that. If you buy from a dealership, they will do the licensing and emission test on your behalf and pay the HST as well. Moreover, you are guaranteed that the ownership is not encumbered by loans. Most cars come with extended warranties (up to 5 years on drivetrain coverage) and even roadside assistance (which can lower the insurance rate). Some dealerships have a Carproof report that mentions the whole history of the automobile (insurance claims, licensing, tickets, maintanance, etc.). This is Canada-wide registry that holds all records on cars. If the dealership doesn't offer a Carproof report, you can buy it for 50CAD online. The downside of dealerships is that sometimes they apply additional administrative fees, and generally they charge a little more for cars in comparison to a private seller.

http://autotrader.ca/ is the largest Canadian site where you can look for a car with sorting by brand, location and other variables.

If you find a car that you are interested in, give a call to the salesperson and arrange for a showing. Most of the ads don't last forever, so you have to act fast. You need to bring your Driving license, then the dealership will attach a temporary license plate to the car, and you can test drive it all you want. Generally, the salesperson won't accompany you (yes, this is Canada). If you like the car, you can attempt to negotiate a little (mostly, they don't lower the price for a used vehicle, but nevertheless). Then you sign a Bill of sale and deposit a certain amount of the vehicle's total as an upfront. At this point you are legally binded to finalize the deal, so don't sign it unless you are willing to buy the car. When it's done, you will be provided with a copy of the Bill containing all the details on the car, and the owner (that is you). At this point you will have to go home and obtain a certified check from your bank to pay the remaining amount and also buy an insurance (it's mandatory in Canada). You can use kanetix.ca to look for a better quote or call the Insurance companies one-by-one (it's a tiresome process, but the quotes differ a great deal, so do put effort in it). The estimated rate for a newcomer amounts to ~3000CAD in Ontario, the larger the city you live in - the more you pay. However, they will break down the total for you in 12 payments, so you can pay it on monthly basis, which will make your life a little easier. You can buy the insurance by phone, and they will immediately email or fax you a temporary insurance card, which will be valid until you receive the hard copy via Canada post. As soon as you receive this interim insurance, forward it to the dealership and they will license the car for you (usually takes one business day). They will notify you when it's ready for pickup. Don't forget to bring your driving license, certified check and temporary insurance with you. The car will be ready for you, so grab the Ownership (it's the passport of the vehicle containing two portions - Vehicle and Owner), SIGN IT and go home to celebrate. And please, drive safely! :D

To be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.