+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Good one. For now, full time is 30 hrs per week and not 37.5 hrs per week.

franixsouq said:
Kindly read this

To be eligible for points, the applicant's work experience must:
•have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application;
•be in occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A and B;
•not be in an occupation that has been designated by the Minister as a restricted occupation.
At the time of printing, there were no occupations designated as restricted. However, for the
most upto date listing, officers should refer to the Department's website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp;
•be full-time work, which, according to R80(7), is equivalent to at least 37.5 hours of paid work
per week.
Full-time work experience requirement may be met by the equivalent in part-time paid work experience, e.g. more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of one year of full-time work.
Experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time work, i.e. 37.5 hours per week in one

job or a total of at least 37.5 hours per week in more than one job, in one or more of the NOC
categories.
Periods of work of less than 12 months during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of the application may be added together and divided by 12 to calculate the number of years
Officers must:
•consider only those occupations which the applicant has specified and for which the applicant
has provided the four-digit NOC code on their application form (R80(6));
Note:
While the Regulations clearly place responsibility on applicants to undertake research of the NOC
and provide the NOC coding for the occupations in which they claim qualifying experience, officers are
expected to exercise discretion where applicants may have made minor errors or omissions in correlating work experience and NOC coding.
•not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));
award points only if the applicant has performed the actions described in the lead statement of the particular NOC description and has performed at least a substantial number of the duties described in the “Main Duties” summary –including all the essential duties (R80(3));
Note: Neither the NOC nor the Regulations distinguish between “essential” and “non-essential” duties or provide guidance as to what constitutes a “substantial number”. This is left as a matter for assessment on a case-by-case basis. If officers have concerns about whether or not the applicant has carried out “a substantial number of the main duties...including all of the essential duties,” they should give the applicant an opportunity to respond to these concerns.
•take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment, and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77);
•should not award points for unauthorized work experience in Canada. A person who has worked in Canada without authorization has failed to comply with A30(1), and on that basis could be found inadmissible under A41

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Century said:
So, rejection due to documents related to VO can be crossed out. To me, it is very vague letter issued by CIO. About Lead Statement, I think, not much people incorporated it.

Then it could be related to missing the word full time. The VO officer don't know whether you worked at least 30 hrs per week or not. Don't know whether you gave other details like appointment letter or not.

The below is the letter contents that we used to know for mismatch/insufficiency:
"You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) code(s):
Financial Managers/ College and Other Vocational Instructors.

Although the NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the Instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed all of the essential duties and a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Financial Manager/College and Other Vocational Instructor"

Buddy,

+1 for the description...:)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
ashif_eee said:
Buddy,

+1 for the description...:)
Thanks a lot. Same to you for crossing 4000 posts 8) 8) 8) 8)

Annie_Twinkle

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 3, 2015
Nomination.....
Dec 23, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 25, 2015
Med's Request
March 23, 2015
Med's Done....
March 28, 2015 Third Line: April 14, 2015 DM: May 7, 2015
Passport Req..
June 19, 2015
Hi Friends,

My name has been used differently in different areas (For ex: in college certificate, it is just Annie; Pan Card: Annie Elizabeth; Company: Annie Thomas (husband's name) ) like that...so what should I do here. Should I submit a cover letter or affidavit to prove that all are same person.?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

yoga2306

Jun 7, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
Hi

I'm having issues with my and wife's birth certificate ( BC )

My surname is "xyz" and my name is "abc"

Where as in the BC they have mentioned "My" name as "xyz abc"

I learnt from this forum that an affidavit will do the needful

But, my problem is getting an affidavit in my current country of residence is a big task ...almost impossible...

My question is, instead of submitting BC, is it ok if I submit my GCEOL & GCEAL result sheets where my name is correctly mentioned.

OR any other suggestions?

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
Century said:
So, rejection due to documents related to VO can be crossed out. To me, it is very vague letter issued by CIO. About Lead Statement, I think, not much people incorporated it.

Then it could be related to missing the word full time. The VO officer don't know whether you worked at least 30 hrs per week or not. Don't know whether you gave other details like appointment letter or not.

The below is the letter contents that we used to know for mismatch/insufficiency:
"You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) code(s):
Financial Managers/ College and Other Vocational Instructors.

Although the NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the Instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed all of the essential duties and a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Financial Manager/College and Other Vocational Instructor"
Hi All,

Anybody with working hrs or full time not mentioned on reference letter and still CC/DD Charged..?..please let us now...

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Annie_Twinkle said:
Hi Friends,

My name has been used differently in different areas (For ex: in college certificate, it is just Annie; Pan Card: Annie Elizabeth; Company: Annie Thomas (husband's name) ) like that...so what should I do here. Should I submit a cover letter or affidavit to prove that all are same person.?

Thanks

submit sworn certificate from notary mentioning all name are same and mine.

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
jin4uu said:
Hi just received PER mail. please update Spreadsheet 7th May appicant
Congratulations!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Annie_Twinkle said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
To be in safe side, do affidavit as well as cover letter.

For filling the form, use passport name.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
shaarav said:
Hi All,

Anybody with working hrs or full time not mentioned on reference letter and still CC/DD Charged..?..please let us now...
Working hours or full time should be there on the certificate. This is mandatory.

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
rajat.sharma181984 said:
Hi All,

finally my application reached CIC

i sent it through DHL, but in the POD(proof of delivery) no name is mentioned, only date and time are mentioned.

after receiving the application at CIC, when do i get any communication from CIC ???

thanks i advance :)
Good luck to all of us...

Usually receiver's signature is provided by the courier company. Communication from CIC will be in the form of PER email and you can get the timelines from the SS..

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
bosschips said:
Did GTiwana already sent you the e-mail he/she got from CIC?
No brother because I don't PMed my e-mail to him yet and I think he actually already written the relevant content to us.

If you still think we can find something out of his letter, pls do tell me. I will PMed him the request and if he permit, I will share the content.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
No brother because I don't PMed my e-mail to him yet and I think he actually already written the relevant content to us.

If you still think we can find something out of his letter, pls do tell me. I will PMed him the request and if he permit, I will share the content.
The post was too vague to begin with. We really need to see the letter in order to make assumptions. For now, I guess the JDs he/she submitted was not sufficient. Just my take. :)

sairahmad

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have some confusion again. I sent an email to noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca to ask for relevant NOC code in which i should apply. Although I considered myself to be under NOC 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations but the email response I got is for the following codes:

NOC code 0114 Other administrative services managers (business manager – non-profit organization &
NOC code 0124 - Advertising, marketing and public relations managers

Why I considered 1123?

Because I have worked as Marketing Coordinator for 1 year 3 months and worked as Senior Office Alumni Relations for 1 year 9 months. Both jobs falls under 1123 and matches almost 90% of the JD given in NOC 2011 Guide.

Now I am working as Executive Director of a Non-Profit Organization (in which I am a single employee taking care of all operations of the company internally and externally). I have so far worked for 1 year 7 months in this company. If I consider this job as my primary category then NOC 0114 might be suitable.

What I assume from cic reply is they have suggested me these codes considering my current job as the primary category.

My question is, is it necessary to apply with the designation in which you are working currently? Or you can select any relevant job from your previous 10 years. Also If I will apply with 0114 can they reject my application on the basis that my previous jobs does not fall under the same code.

How my total experience will be counted? Will it be counted for only 0114 or for all NOC codes which are relevant?

I feel I am more safe in applying under 1123 than 0114. Any suggestions from experts on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.