N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations Abim on your successful landing, nice landing story. You try sha 250kg! Do you want to start an African shop there :eek: ;D, anyway PM your address so we know where to be coming for home made eba ;D.

The weather comment is how Canadians get to start small talk or a chit chat with someone they don't know. You should also learn that, as it helps remove barriers when you have to talk with strangers.

Thanks..No wahala..expect my address soon :)

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014; PER Received -05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Congrats on your landing, welcome to Canada :)
Thanks sir PH

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Mabertia said:
Congratulations Abim, may you find favour in Canada.
Thanks Mabertia

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Beautiful Landing story; Congratulations Abim!
Abim said:
Hello everyone trust we are all doing great.

Praise God with me for His mercies. We left Nigeria on July 5, 2016 for Toronto via Emirates. It was a long journey of 7hrs + to Dubai and another 13 hrs + to Toronto. We landed at about 4pm on July 6 and headed to the immigration after which we were directed to the officers reasonable for paper work. The queue wasn't that long as there were just about 6 people before us but by the time we were leaving, the queue had grown very long. The lady who attended to us was quite friendly and only asked some basic questions including how much we had for POF which she didn't ask to see or the evidence of the balance. Service Canada had issues so we were advised to obtain our SIN from anyone close to where we would stay. Next point of call was the customs which had a very long queue but we had to endure the wait as we wanted to get our excel sheet of list of goods to follow stamped, as we had sent 250kg of food & other personal items through air cargo the day before.We got all the necessary paper work and will not be charged any duties when we go and pick them.

We didn't realise that Service Canada was different from Service Ontario so we walked a 30 minutes in the hot sun to Service Ontario and met a very long queue. On getting to our turn at Service Ontario, we were told we had to go to Service Canada which was going to be another 45 minutes walk (the area we stayed in Ajax doesn't have a good transit system). Fortunately we saw a bus and the driver said he could take us but then he wouldn't collect cash for bus fares. We had to beg o and said we were JJC Canada :D. He allowed us and dropped us off at the stop of Service Canada. The obtaining of the SIN was very simple and short after which we went to the bank. We met very friendly people all the way who were willing to help and provide information even if it's not them you are asking from..noticed everyone we met today talked about the weather.

Onto the next level is our home search in an area that transit is easily accessible and would probably be close to potential work area.

I pray that everyone still awaiting one feedback or the other from CIC will have their testimonies on this forum veryyyyyyyy soon.

Have a pleasant evening.

Teetoo

Jan 4, 2013
Abim said:

Praise God with me for His mercies. We left Nigeria on July 5, 2016 for Toronto via Emirates. It was a long journey of 7hrs + to Dubai and another 13 hrs + to Toronto. We landed at about 4pm on July 6 and headed to the immigration after which we were directed to the officers reasonable for paper work. The queue wasn't that long as there were just about 6 people before us but by the time we were leaving, the queue had grown very long. The lady who attended to us was quite friendly and only asked some basic questions including how much we had for POF which she didn't ask to see or the evidence of the balance. Service Canada had issues so we were advised to obtain our SIN from anyone close to where we would stay. Next point of call was the customs which had a very long queue but we had to endure the wait as we wanted to get our excel sheet of list of goods to follow stamped, as we had sent 250kg of food & other personal items through air cargo the day before.We got all the necessary paper work and will not be charged any duties when we go and pick them.

We didn't realise that Service Canada was different from Service Ontario so we walked a 30 minutes in the hot sun to Service Ontario and met a very long queue. On getting to our turn at Service Ontario, we were told we had to go to Service Canada which was going to be another 45 minutes walk (the area we stayed in Ajax doesn't have a good transit system). Fortunately we saw a bus and the driver said he could take us but then he wouldn't collect cash for bus fares. We had to beg o and said we were JJC Canada :D. He allowed us and dropped us off at the stop of Service Canada. The obtaining of the SIN was very simple and short after which we went to the bank. We met very friendly people all the way who were willing to help and provide information even if it's not them you are asking from..noticed everyone we met today talked about the weather.

Onto the next level is our home search in an area that transit is easily accessible and would probably be close to potential work area.

I pray that everyone still awaiting one feedback or the other from CIC will have their testimonies on this forum veryyyyyyyy soon.

Have a pleasant evening.
Congratulations on your landing. You will prosper there IJN.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations beforecanada2014 it has indeed ended in praise.

beforecanada2014 said:
It's "Decision Made" on my client application status as seen now on cic website ;D :D....I remain grateful to God as it has ended in Praise yet again; Also grateful to every member of this most interactive, most informative and most friendly FSW Nigeria forum. I've developed "abnormal" penchant for checking my ecas in the last 2 weeks and wondered why I missed out on this all important status change which must have happened yesterday evening 8) I pray 2day that AVO starts making positive decisions with high level of urgency on all forumites whose status still reads "in process" IJN

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abim said:

Have a pleasant evening.
Congrats on your successful landing, enjoy the fruits of the land

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beforecanada2014 said:
It's "Decision Made" on my client application status as seen now on cic website ;D :D....I remain grateful to God as it has ended in Praise yet again; Also grateful to every member of this most interactive, most informative and most friendly FSW Nigeria forum. I've developed "abnormal" penchant for checking my ecas in the last 2 weeks and wondered why I missed out on this all important status change which must have happened yesterday evening 8) I pray 2day that AVO starts making positive decisions with high level of urgency on all forumites whose status still reads "in process" IJN
@beforecanada2014, congratulation on your new application update, this has strenghten my hope and faith again.
For someone passport to be with AVO for about 2 months is not easy ooooooo :) :) :) :)....... I cant wait to get mine back... mine coming some!!!!

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Tnx Aroms! Yours will soon be returned with copr.Remain strong and be of good courage :).
Aroms said:
@beforecanada2014, congratulation on your new application update, this has strenghten my hope and faith again.
For someone passport to be with AVO for about 2 months is not easy ooooooo :) :) :) :)....... I cant wait to get mine back... mine coming some!!!!

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beforecanada2014 said:
Sure! RPR + passport request + udated PCC, IMM 5669 and 5406 was on 4th may and was delivered to AVO on 17th may. Had a shocker on June 13th as AVO made further request of new sets o passport fotos + another PCC update ( I forgot to insert my finger print in earlier PCC) ....Anyways, all are now in the past as my pick up mail has also dropped in time 1:48pm Nigerian time :). It all started on 25th Sept 2014.
WOH!!! beforecanada2014 this is your week to testify, ...... congratulation on your pick up mail.

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
beforecanada2014 said:
Beautiful Landing story; Congratulations Abim!
Thank you beforecanada2014!

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Teetoo said:
Congratulations on your landing. You will prosper there IJN.
Amen and thanks Teetoo

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Aroms said:
Congrats on your successful landing, enjoy the fruits of the land
Amen and thanks Aroms

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Abim said:
Thanks Labiz001. It's not only food that made up the 250kg oo it had some pots and household items that are difficult to part with , clothes, shoes, bags, etc
Congrats on your landing story, please I will also like the contact of the shipping agent.

Thanks