+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

zannybabie

Nov 27, 2014
Patience is key at this time. When AVO is ready, they will surely contact us.

I also ordered GCMS notes, which i received yesterday, and it shows that the eligibility check has not even started. Due date was stated as March 2016.

Dont let your life come to a standstill because of the delay. All the analysis in the world would not thing necessarily change anything. If Jesus tarries, it will surely come to pass.

Have a great weekend people.

Toronto Ninja

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 03-03-2015: PER: 28-03-2015
Med's Request
25 Aug 2017
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27 Jan 2018
Drealsix said:
@Toronto Ninja, PROPS to you bro/sis (whichever ninja u be...lol)

i tell peeps that as at today, if you are not a staff of AVO or CIC, any logic or analysis towards the issue is nothing but speculations* and depending on what side of the fence you are, the speculations may sound "sweet".

, i heard some lawyers in T.dot now don't even know what to tell them clients anymore...but anyways we chilling for them
I think I like the gender mystery...lol

LMAO @Even bros them wey sabi Canadian immigration like "sand" don tire for the matter.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zannybabie said:
Patience is key at this time. When AVO is ready, they will surely contact us.

I also ordered GCMS notes, which i received yesterday, and it shows that the eligibility check has not even started. Due date was stated as March 2016.

Dont let your life come to a standstill because of the delay. All the analysis in the world would not thing necessarily change anything. If Jesus tarries, it will surely come to pass.

Have a great weekend people.

Yes oo, patience is key. " Eligibility check not started" - Confirms AVO will do their check even after CIO send PER. Another round of checks plus background checks. After the successful completion of this stage comes your MR. It is well with you.

Kclass1

Jan 18, 2016
Nameless_Canada said:
Good day house,

Do we have anyone that uses David Cohen as the Agent? Mr. Cohen perhaps might have one or two things to share on the delay from AVO.

I doubt that you guys read the caption below. If you go through the article, you'd worry less and just be a bit more patient. Apparently, the applicants are not the only people frustrated by the delays but even the Parliament members from the ruling Liberals. The delays have become a "mess" that has to be addressed once and for all.
www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2016/02/01/liberal-mps-put-heat-on-mccallum-to-address-immigration-processing-mess-say-lengthy/45087

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kclass1 said:
I doubt that you guys read the caption below. If you go through the article, you'd worry less and just be a bit more patient. Apparently, the applicants are not the only people frustrated by the delays but even the Parliament members from the ruling Liberals. The delays have become a "mess" that has to be addressed once and for all.
www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2016/02/01/liberal-mps-put-heat-on-mccallum-to-address-immigration-processing-mess-say-lengthy/45087

God bless you for this finding and the link. It speaks volume about what have been analyzed here. This is an excerpt from the link that really interest me because I have mentioned it before but I might have sounded too confident but it is been confirmed :

"During the Jan. 24 caucus meeting, Mr. McCallum and his departmental officials conducted a briefing for MPs about the causes of the delay and introduced them to some departmental resources that can help MPs in serving their constituents on immigration files.

Sources told The Hill Times that Liberal MPs recognize that Mr. McCallum and the Immigration Department is focused on the politically sensitive Syrian refugees file, but they also want swift action on Immigration applications in the regular streams.

During the last election campaign, the Liberals had promised to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by the end of last year, but they missed the deadline and are now aiming to achieve this goal by the end of February. As of last week, about 14,000 have arrived in Canada. Because of the high-profile domestic and international implications of the Syrian refugee file, Mr. McCallum and the Immigration Department have been in the media spotlight for months. The Syrian refugee crisis is considered the biggest refugee crisis since the end of World War II and it’s estimated 12 million have been displaced as a result of the civil war in Syria.

Meanwhile, the Immigration application processing times are different for different categories including family class, economic class, refugee and humanitarian and compassionate classes.

In the case of parents and grand parents sponsorship applications, the department is currently processing the ones that were filed on or before Nov. 4, 2011, according to the departmental website. The processing time for spouses or common-law partners living inside Canada is 26 months and for the ones outside of Canada is 17 months.

In the economic class, if an application was filed between 2008 and 2010, the processing time is 67 months while for the ones filed between 2010 and 2014, is 13 months.

Canada takes in about 260,000 immigrants each year in all categories, combined. The statistics were not available for last year, but in 2014, 66,661 received Canadian immigration in the ‘family class’ category, 165,089 in the ‘economic class’ category and 23,286 in the ‘refugee class’ category, according to the departmental website. In 2013, Canada took in a total of 259,023 immigrants including 81,843 in family class, 148,155 in economic immigrant class and 23,831 in refugees class."

The link confirms the Syrian effect, length of time for visa processing for each categories which also cut across family sponsorship PR, spousal PR, refugee class etc. To buttress my point on quota, around 260, 000 is what they bring in each year. I mentioned this earlier. Imagine 25,000 of these going to the Syrians. Hmmmm!!! That quota will definitely be affected for the on going immigration year. It was never planned for because Harper was the one in power then and never promised any 25,000. 259,023 immigrants were issued visa for 2013. This figure is for all the categories. Nothing like EE and Syrian effects then. Add these two "guys" to their plans, they would probably have to shift grounds to measure up. 255, 036 immigrants for 2014, they do not have the one for last year yet. It will be around these figures too. I believe that it is very deliberate because they cannot take more than they can chew for each year.

Who knows, AVO might have just few visas allocated to them and they are considering the best possible way to make it go round. With all of these, we should know how to direct our prayers; the top needs to get their acts together. It is well.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Can somebody shout a very loud Halleluyah for me. I prophesied sometimes last week that I will shout Halleluyah if I get my PPR this week, cos I had zeroed my mind to expecting it in August with all this huge delays. Lo and behold me and my spouse's PPR dropped in 4.22pm this evening. God is at work, my case is a testimony. Can somebody help me shout a very loud Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D.
For everyone expectant. Just keep prophesying for the release of what you are expecting and it shall be granted.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christamario said:
Can somebody shout a very loud Halleluyah for me. I prophesied sometimes last week that I will shout Halleluyah if I get my PPR this week, cos I had zeroed my mind to expecting it in August with all this huge delays. Lo and behold me and my spouse's PPR dropped in 4.22pm this evening. God is at work, my case is a testimony. Can somebody help me shout a very loud Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D.
For everyone expectant. Just keep prophesying for the release of what you are expecting and it shall be granted.

Alleluyah ooooooooo. That is really a cheering news. I pray that this will usher in the rest. Cheers. AVO is working yet again.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Christamario said:
Giving the current circumstances and no clear information as to the delay, we should all just zero our minds and be expecting our visas at least a month before the expiration of our MR's. Since my MR will be expiring in September, worst case scenario is to expect the VISA latest August.If God decides it will come next week then I will shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will henceforth channel my energy and time to other fruitful ventures instead of analyzing things that I don't have control of.Happy Weekend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .
See my prophesy last week. Exactly one week. And the God who owns the world, and sits on the throne, He who does not slumber nor sleep, heard me. The prophesy was like a joke but IT CAME TO PASS. Somebody shout a very loud Halleluyahhhhhhhhjhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. let the Halleulyah move the heavens for your case as it has done for mine. God is working

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Christamario said:
Halleluyahhhh.......Awesome!!!!!! Truly great news!!! Congrats Christmario.....

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations bro! Sweet music to my ears...
All my people in the house, the wave has begun :)
Meanwhile, anyone that has not signed up for any of the orientation sessions should do so, especially the one arranged by Preparing for Canada via www.newcomersuccess.ca. I know we have all done a quantum amount of research, but some guidance and hand-holding cannot hurt :D.

Anyone taking part in the Lagos City Marathon tomorrow :)?

Christamario said:

God win

Sep 13, 2015
Christamario said:

Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Congrats bro! I am next in line for testimony.

mrs_0

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
Med's Request
09-07-2015 (POf,Salary Acc,PPRF,Police report)
Med's Done....
13-07-2015 (SLU 23-07-2015, TLU 26-08-2015)
Passport Req..
19-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Christamario said:
Congratulations.

jediknight

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,

You are required to be able to show your proof of funds all through process even at point of landing.

You must declare amounts equivalent of 10,000 CAD and above. so showing the rest via Recent Bank Statements is acceptable.

To be honest though, from reports I've heard and from my own personal landing experience @ YYC, they hardly request to see the POF. In my case they didn't even ask (I guess is was just divine clearance)

Wish you all the best.

Congrats to all those with positive updates and speedy progress to all those waiting. (I know its hard waiting but i promise you God got y'all)

Bless!

tobesky86 said:
Dear Friends,
Did anyone land recently in Canada?
I was wondering if the 15K CAD for 2 family members if for people that already have the visa and are landing or just when you are applying?

Also can I take cash of 10K CAD and show the rest in BANK STATEMENT?

Thanks

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Christamario said:
See my prophesy last week. Exactly one week. And the God who owns the world, and sits on the throne, He who does not slumber nor sleep, heard me. The prophesy was like a joke but IT CAME TO PASS. Somebody shout a very loud Halleluyahhhhhhhhjhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. let the Halleulyah move the heavens for your case as it has done for mine. God is working
Halleluyahhhhhhh. Praise be to the Lord. What an awesome God. By the grace and mercy of God, it is my turn to share testimony.
Congrats christamario.
What a refreshing news.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Christamario said:

A very big congratulations to you. Hope this won't be a drop in the ocean for the rest waiting.