25 Aug 2017
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27 Jan 2018
GENTLEANDREW said:
What I think about non-issuance of MR is this, they might be having challenges with those ones in terms of meeting the points for PER. Agreed that you or the person concerned got PER which is usually from the Central Intake Office in NOVA SCOTIA, AVO will re-confirm to ensure that the person truly meets the needed mark. They will match documents with claims and all of that. They might even have spotted some inconsistencies in the application that was not spotted by CIO or are carrying out further background checks on that file before they determine whether to issue out MR or not. Remember, this is under probability and I am basing my comments on antecedents. Some of the people in my set (FSWP 2013) where affected by what I just stated. Also, some people might have informed AVO of status change. This can cause delays in issuing MR.

Be as it may, I am not restricting my comments on just quotas but I believe that it is a huge factor. There is also the likely concern over prioritization. They(AVO) might have decided to suspend temporarily working on FSWP 2014 category and even EE to concentrate on other PR schemes (Asylum seekers-refugees, Parent scheme - Super VISA, etc) . They will definitely return to it later. Again, quota might be affected here. They have certain number of visas that they cannot issue out for a year. Globally, it is usually from 250,000 to 270, 000 plus visas. Check the links that I have sent. Let us say that AVO already had the visas to give out for year 2014/2015 for FSWP 2014 and then comes EE which only started early last year (January, 2015). Then comes the concern of the Syrians which will cut across all VOs (even those that were initially fast before now have slowed down pace). This I strongly believe is a concern.

Again, from the little that I know, their visa quota year runs from MAY TO APRIL. If EE started in January of 2015 and they promised speedy processing of their applications, that will affect already submitted applications (FSWP 2014, Asylum seekers etc). This is part of what I am basing my points.

I have given my opinion about backlogs that were returned that you mentioned. Those applications were not even processed. Nothing like PER or NER. Some had applications with them for over 3 to 5 years. Rules kept changing and they had loads of applications. They felt that it was the best way possible to eradicate the backlogs and then start a new fast tracked program. My set (FSWP 2013) was the first beneficiary of it. Yours should have naturally followed but I believe some if not all of the highlighted reasons are why we have the unusual scenario. Your applications cannot be returned. MY REASON : THEY HAVE PROCESSED A LARGE CHUNK OF IT. If they had not been processed, returns and refunds would have been a good guess. I do not see it happening.
Thanks for this.

Regarding non-issuance of MR, I doubt that the reason is rechecking/verifying docs; this should not take 10 months and there should have been some communication on the need to submit additional documents, if necessary. Almost all (if not all) AVO based applicants who applied before December 2014 and got PER by middle of March 2014 have received MR so I think they simply stopped or slowed down on the process for one reason or the other. However, I also strongly believe everyone awaiting PPR will get it before end of this quarter and that all FSWP 2014 applications will be fully processed by end of 2nd quarter.

tobesky86

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
VIENNA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Direct Debit-19/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER-28/01/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18/05/2015
Med's Done....
28/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/06/2015
LANDED..........
March 2016
Dear Friends,
Did anyone land recently in Canada?
I was wondering if the 15K CAD for 2 family members if for people that already have the visa and are landing or just when you are applying?

Also can I take cash of 10K CAD and show the rest in BANK STATEMENT?

Thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto Ninja said:
Thanks for this.

Regarding non-issuance of MR, I doubt that the reason is rechecking/verifying docs; this should not take 10 months and there should have been some communication on the need to submit additional documents, if necessary. Almost all (if not all) AVO based applicants who applied before December 2014 and got PER by middle of March 2014 have received MR so I think they simply stopped or slowed down on the process for one reason or the other. However, I also strongly believe everyone awaiting PPR will get it before end of this quarter and that all FSWP 2014 applications will be fully processed by end of 2nd quarter.

Well, concerning your MR thoughts , do not be too sure. You can already observe that something abnormal is at stake. How do you explain the issuance of MR to someone who applied on or before December ,2014 ,then MRs are being sent out with some people receiving theirs as far back as mid last year forward and the person in question has not got MR let alone undergoing medicals? Some thing might be missing. Yes, i have also mentioned earlier that they have slowed down on processing your files which is obvious to all. I will advise the person that owns that application to apply for a GCMS. This will enable the person to know what exactly the problem is and what to do if necessary ; that is if there is a problem. That it is 10 months should be a good reason to find out what is wrong or what the state of things are with that file. This is my candid opinion.

yikelin

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
GENTLEANDREW said:
Well, concerning your MR thoughts , do not be too sure. You can already observe that something abnormal is at stake. How do you explain the issuance of MR to someone who applied on or before December ,2014 ,then MRs are being sent out with some people receiving theirs as far back as mid last year forward and the person in question has not got MR let alone undergoing medicals? Some thing might be missing. Yes, i have also mentioned earlier that they have slowed down on processing your files which is obvious to all. I will advise the person that owns that application to apply for a GCMS. This will enable the person to know what exactly the problem is and what to do if necessary ; that is if there is a problem. That it is 10 months should be a good reason to find out what is wrong or what the state of things are with that file. This is my candid opinion.
Am a December applicant waiting for my MR and there is nothing wrong with our application,already ordered for GCMS and according to it there is nothing wrong . Also according to the notes they have not started any checks but the due date is sometime in March.So for most DEC applicants who have not received their MR its not because their application is found wanting but because they AVO have not started processing it for them to get their MR . So right now we just have to pray for AVO to wake up from their slumber.
Went through the forum and noticed that Colombo and Warsaw still haVE quite a lot who also have not received their MR .That makes me think its not only limited to AVO

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
tobesky86 said:
Dear Friends,
Did anyone land recently in Canada?
I was wondering if the 15K CAD for 2 family members if for people that already have the visa and are landing or just when you are applying?

Also can I take cash of 10K CAD and show the rest in BANK STATEMENT?

Thanks
From all the landed seniors so far, nobody ask for POF at the POE. But you can take as much as possible but if it is more than 10k just declare it at the POE. You can also split the money between you and your spouse for example if you intend to land with 15K, you can carry 9K while your spouse carry 6K.
Hope this help you

seunmsl7

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
3rd June 2015 Request for new born Addition
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2015
AOR Received.
24th Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
File Transfer...
19 th Feb 2015
Med's Request
14th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
29th Sept 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016
Nameless_Canada said:
Good day house,

Do we have anyone that uses David Cohen as the Agent? Mr. Cohen perhaps might have one or two things to share on the delay from AVO.
David Cohen is my immigration agent at the moment, the contact person responsible for my file raised is to be patient, even before MR was approved in sept 2015, they did sent a mail on my behalf to ask wot stage i was and got a feedback.

the main point is that it will end in praise....

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yikelin said:
Am a December applicant waiting for my MR and there is nothing wrong with our application,already ordered for GCMS and according to it there is nothing wrong . Also according to the notes they have not started any checks but the due date is sometime in March.So for most DEC applicants who have not received their MR its not because their application is found wanting but because they AVO have not started processing it for them to get their MR . So right now we just have to pray for AVO to wake up from their slumber.
Went through the forum and noticed that Colombo and Warsaw still haVE quite a lot who also have not received their MR .That makes me think its not only limited to AVO

It is good to know that you have utilized GCMS. The word used was "might" which makes it a probability and not certainty. Again, the note revealed your GCMS not everyone's. My suggestion will be for others too who do not have their medicals to utilize GCMS notes. It will help discover certain things that are unknown.

Again, checks are very very possible at this very moment. I am even sure that they are carrying out some now. Usually, they are not the ones responsible; they have delegated organizations who carry it out for them. AVO carries out more comprehensive checks than CIO and from past applicants, there have been issues at times. Read comprehensively. At least with this discoveries, we can say that AVO are not inefficient. Let us be hopeful.

I am happy that you also have been able to discover that it is not only AVO that is slow. It is now a general phenomenon. This is to tell that something that is likely unusual to their practice is what they are all experiencing.

Toronto Ninja

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 03-03-2015: PER: 28-03-2015
Med's Request
25 Aug 2017
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27 Jan 2018
GENTLEANDREW said:
It is good to know that you have utilized GCMS. The word used was "might" which makes it a probability and not certainty. Again, the note revealed your GCMS not everyone's. My suggestion will be for others too who do not have their medicals to utilize GCMS notes. It will help discover certain things that are unknown.

Again, checks are very very possible at this very moment. I am even sure that they are carrying out some now. Usually, they are not the ones responsible; they have delegated organizations who carry it out for them. AVO carries out more comprehensive checks than CIO and from past applicants, there have been issues at times. Read comprehensively. At least with this discoveries, we can say that AVO are not inefficient. Let us be hopeful.

I am happy that you also have been able to discover that it is not only AVO that is slow. It is now a general phenomenon. This is to tell that something that is likely unusual to their practice is what they are all experiencing.
As much as I know, contents of the GCMS notes for December 2014 applicants awaiting MR are similar to Yikelin's.

I understand you quite well, and personally, I can not flaw your logic. It's just a lot easier for you to apply that logic from the side of the fence that you are. At the end of the day, I think we all agree that - it's a matter of time, all will end in praise. Thanks again.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Toronto Ninja said:
As much as I know, contents of the GCMS notes for December 2014 applicants awaiting MR are similar to Yikelin's.

I understand you quite well, and personally, I can not flaw your logic. It's just a lot easier for you to apply that logic from the side of the fence that you are. At the end of the day, I think we all agree that - it's a matter of time, all will end in praise. Thanks again.
I think you nailed it. It just depends on the side of the fence we are. Is the cup half full or half empty? It's a perspective issue, we can both be right tho. But if we critically follow @gentleansrew's logic critically, what I deduce is a marginalization towards ppl under AVO.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto Ninja said:

You are correct; i speak because of experience. I am sounding very sure of this because i know at least 2 people who had this issue but were not forum members. You know that there are numerous people who applied to AVO who are not even here. I even think that they might be more. It will end well for you all.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guyman1234 said:
I think you nailed it. It just depends on the side of the fence we are. Is the cup half full or half empty? It's a perspective issue, we can both be right tho. But if we critically follow @gentleansrew's logic critically, what I deduce is a marginalization towards ppl under AVO.

Guyman1234, i do not think that it is marginalization. Remember, FSWP 2014 applicants also got MR,PPR and PR visa during the time my batch (FSWP 2013) got theirs'. No one was talking about marginalization then. Let us just keep praying for them and be optimistic. You will smile at last.

Drealsix

Dec 4, 2015
@Toronto Ninja, PROPS to you bro/sis (whichever ninja u be...lol)

i tell peeps that as at today, if you are not a staff of AVO or CIC, any logic or analysis towards the issue is nothing but speculations* and depending on what side of the fence you are, the speculations may sound "sweet".

Even bros them wey sabi Canadian immigration like "sand" don tire for the matter, i heard some lawyers in T.dot now don't even know what to tell them clients anymore...but anyways we chilling for them

naGod

Jan 22, 2015
Nigeria
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
15-02-2018
Nomination.....
DD charge 22-01-2015, PER:15-04-2015
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront 12-05-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-04-2018
To the best of my knowledge from AVO usual response to cse enquiry "your application still in process bla bla bla...." i want to blive so, ve raised change of status before that and they ve requested for hard copies of scan documuents, i want to blive my MR ll come at the appointed time, i join the patience group. my timeline to the left, it ll end in praise.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drealsix said:
@Toronto Ninja, PROPS to you bro/sis (whichever ninja u be...lol)

i tell peeps that as at today, if you are not a staff of AVO or CIC, any logic or analysis towards the issue is nothing but speculations* and depending on what side of the fence you are, the speculations may sound "sweet".

Even bros them wey sabi Canadian immigration like "sand" don tire for the matter, i heard some lawyers in T.dot now don't even know what to tell them clients anymore...but anyways we chilling for them

Definitely, no one is sure because AVO never spoke about the reason and going by tradition, they will not say anything. Gathering from all said here, i can deduce that AVO is working (some people got their payments linked to their files), no marginalization (at least someone still mentioned yesterday that a spouse got PPR from AVO) or any form of racism , quota might be a reason (Syrian refugees, EE applicants, and other PR visa category merged with FSWP 2014), hence leading to slow pace processing etc. Be prepared for your visas cometh.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naGod said:
To the best of my knowledge from AVO usual response to cse enquiry "your application still in process bla bla bla...." i want to blive so, ve raised change of status before that and they ve requested for hard copies of scan documuents, i want to blive my MR ll come at the appointed time, i join the patience group. my timeline to the left, it ll end in praise.

You have chosen the best virtue at this point in time ; PATIENCE.