+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

funshiba

Jun 4, 2014
Henry Chuks said:
...So my bank called me again yesterday...for the 3rd time....twice in NOV...asking if i applied for VISA with the Canadian Embassy....that CIC made contact with them since i used the account for my POF...that its just a general inquiry....that i would be charged 5k....But im a staff of the bank too so charges would be waved....so thats all!

Does this mean MR is on the way?? Dont want to have High BP a second time o! :( :mad:
Sounds like you are about to get the good news....

Henry Chuks

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-01-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
**-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
**-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-10-2017
Toronto Ninja said:
Your timeline, please. Thanks.
Application submitted: November, 2015
Application processing started: 5th January, 2015
PER: 17th February,2015
MR: hopefully nxt week

Henry Chuks

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-01-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
**-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
**-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-10-2017
funshiba said:
Sounds like you are about to get the good news....
I believe with your bruva..me sef they feel the sound....Amen!

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Kclass1 said:
Good evening my fellow Forumites
Going through the following VOs today Singapore, London and CPC Ottawa, I discovered there were a lot of updates reported. Interestingly, CPC Ottawa has been in the forefront of giving PPR in the last couple of weeks. I know we all believe it will end in praise which is very commendable but in addition to our beliefs, I would suggest that we strategize and share ideas on how we can make our voices heard at AVO and CIC. AVO cannot continue to remain silent when some people's medicals is getting to 4 months to expire. Please let's think about this my people.

There's nothing we can do other than lament. AVO can just be said to be the slowest VO that is processing fswp 2014. Even when other vo's have picked up pace, nothing yet from our beloved AVO. Our settlement funds is increasingly becoming peanuts due to the free fall of the Naira. Everything wey I learn for coa orientation sef, I don forget. All the people in our fsw batch had all settled, some are even giving birth, but AVO have just shifted interest from us to any other thing they are occupied with . All I know is that it's unfair, the wait continues .

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
blacky said:
According to gcms, eligibility assessment due date is 2weeks from today(feb 4th 2016).Hoping MR will come on or before.Processing started exactly a year ago(20th jan 2015).Avo no get choice .
please do they alwys follow the gcms?

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Bookerteee said:
please do they alwys follow the gcms?
Gcms is just like a student seeing his marked script from his lecturer. They are the notes and steps taken so far on your application and also contains doubts they might have about an application. So it's like getting your test script back from your lecturer.

Allgrace

Oct 9, 2015
Folakenaz said:
You are not alone earl have just about the same timeline meds done 12th august.uploaded on ecas oct 14th Still praying and waiting.

Hello Guys,
The whole waiting stuff is proven to be something else depending on how you take it.
I got my MR on the 28th July and MR was done August 11th, mhhh I think my Ecas was updated to Medical result received on the 14th October thereabout and till now no show from AVO. So you are not alone alone in the waiting game and I believe as such that AVO has not forgotten you.
The issue now for me is that the naira is having some seizures :mad: :mad: and CIC has reviewed the settlement fund :eek: :eek: :eek:..what will guys be doing now???
I even got a news that my wife is pregnant ;) ;) ;) ;)congratulations to me,. but from the EDD it seems it will be either August end or first week of September ??? ??? ???. Really did not anticipate this but uhh we seem ahead of our plans, but one thing is sure whether Naija or Canny, my baby will be overly welcome :) :) :) :). I will surely celebrate. Let AVO wake up,, surely I wish to have a little Canadian citizen in my home :D :D :D :D.
Cheerrssssss

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Allgrace said:
Hello Guys,
The whole waiting stuff is proven to be something else depending on how you take it.
I got my MR on the 28th July and MR was done August 11th, mhhh I think my Ecas was updated to Medical result received on the 14th October thereabout and till now no show from AVO. So you are not alone alone in the waiting game and I believe as such that AVO has not forgotten you.
The issue now for me is that the naira is having some seizures :mad: :mad: and CIC has reviewed the settlement fund :eek: :eek: :eek:..what will guys be doing now???
I even got a news that my wife is pregnant ;) ;) ;) ;)congratulations to me,. but from the EDD it seems it will be either August end or first week of September ??? ??? ???. Really did not anticipate this but uhh we seem ahead of our plans, but one thing is sure whether Naija or Canny, my baby will be overly welcome :) :) :) :). I will surely celebrate. Let AVO wake up,, surely I wish to have a little Canadian citizen in my home :D :D :D :D.
Cheerrssssss
I like and admire your optimistic and cheerful spirit :) It is the right attitude and will keep you focused on a positive end to your waiting. Congratulations on your baby to come, wish you and your wife safe delivery and the best ahead.

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Allgrace said:
Hello Guys,
Cheerrssssss
Congrats in advance, wishing your wife safe delivery. Let's keep up our hopes alive, it won't be long. I see ahead the sound of abundance of MRs, PPRs and COPRs.

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/06/cic-processing-leaves-applicants-limbo-065381.html

tobesky86

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
VIENNA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Direct Debit-19/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER-28/01/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18/05/2015
Med's Done....
28/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/06/2015
LANDED..........
March 2016
Greetings my people!
So we are getting close to leaving for Canada o.
My wife is pregnant and our visa expires in April so we are leaving for Calgary in March. Her due date is in June so we will at least take advantage of the free medical insurance in Alberta.
I am planning to stay for a month to sort out all necessary stuffs and leave back for naija to my job while she will stay and give birth.

Job search from here doesn't seem to be easy at all. Most applications are not even replied to and the first rejection I got last week from over 100 applications I have made gave me hope :).. I was like at least some progress lol.....

Between I heard now that we need to have proof of fund of about 15,000 CAD when arriving for family of 2 dont know how true it is o and we cant even buy CAD in Naija while USD rates are not promising at all :-(
Best of luck to the ones waiting for news!

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Good morning all, please lets keep our hope alive and avoid any negative comments about AVO. I know how we all fell now anxiety, expectation and frustration might be setting in.
There is a lot to do after we get our Visa, I think we can use this waiting period to do a lot of research. I think going by AVO processing time for naija applicants which is 33 months, I can say that we FSW14 are highly favoured compared to previous years, some of us have gotten visa in less than one year, other have had their medicals and waiting for PPR, while some are still waiting for their MR request to drop. Please I implore all to remain calm as we will all received our visa at God appointed time. Remain bless all

ESSYLICIOUS

Nov 5, 2015
tbaba said:
Good morning all, please lets keep our hope alive and avoid any negative comments about AVO. I know how we all fell now anxiety, expectation and frustration might be setting in.
There is a lot to do after we get our Visa, I think we can use this waiting period to do a lot of research. I think going by AVO processing time for naija applicants which is 33 months, I can say that we FSW14 are highly favoured compared to previous years, some of us have gotten visa in less than one year, other have had their medicals and waiting for PPR, while some are still waiting for their MR request to drop. Please I implore all to remain calm as we will all received our visa at God appointed time. Remain bless all
The processing time was reviewed downwards this year to 13 months. 33 months does not apply again. Let's expect AVO to wake up in line with the new processing time.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
ESSYLICIOUS said:
The processing time was reviewed downwards this year to 13 months. 33 months does not apply again. Let's expect AVO to wake up in line with the new processing time.
Are you sure they are actually working in line with the new processing time of 13months?

Some of us are already more than 13 months in terms of processing time oooo.

Mine for instance will be 13 months by Feb 08 (going by my ecas update of "we started processing your application on ...."). Medical is almost 6 months already and nothing yet.

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
SOTAJ said:
Are you sure they are actually working in line with the new processing time of 13months?

Some of us are already more than 13 months in terms of processing time oooo.

Mine for instance will be 13 months by Feb 08 (going by my ecas update of "we started processing your application on ...."). Medical is almost 6 months already and nothing yet.
Shebi all of una don do Medical na...na just PPR or pick up una dey expect, thank God for your own.
Me...Dec 29th applicant, PER 28th...since then me and AVO just dey look ourselves o..
No updaete from them, me sef no worry..wen dem dey ready, me sef dey ready..
So guys, just relax...dem dey work joor, i help different people with PPR and Pick up from AVO every week.
When its ur turn, its ur turn jare...so chilax