FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nichy said:
O ti se o, Baba ti se o, oun to bami leru, Baba ti se o...
Praise God I received my long awaited PER mail today. It is indeed a wonderful gift to start with this year. I'm very excited. I pray that All PER "awaiters" shall receive theirs soonest IJN and All waiting to be charged shall receive the golden debit alert text soon. Rejoice with me.
App received date- 17th Sept.
NOC- 2133
Mode of payment- Canadian Uncle's CC card.
Date charged- Not disclosed
Per mail- 06/Jan./2015
Canadian family lawyer as representative.
Congratulations!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Fossy2014 said:
Hello guys,

I have a very urgent question.
I got my medical request about 2 weeks ago, and in it I was also told to provide further documentation including a new police report.

I have a good problem on my hands- I am literally about to have a baby and I am not even in Nigeria right now. And I was only given 30 days to send all further documentation in.

- even though I already informed CiC about my pregnancy- they didn't seem to take this into account when they sent me an MR in December, literally a month before my due date.

- I informed them again by various means, of my condition- that I am pregnant and not in Nigeria (hence can't domy police report since it requires fingerprinting) etc , also sent by fedex a letter to them on Monday 5th January with the same information and a letter from my doctor over here- again I have received no acknowledgements so far.

The 30 days deadline given is fast running out and my representative thinks I should do a portion of my medical. However I think it's pointless as I can't do a complete medical right now and I certainly can't send in a police report because I am physically absent from Nigeria for another 6 weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? Isn't it sufficient to write the. And tell them of my situation and wait for a response from them, instead of doing 'patch patch' by sending them incomplete documentations here and there?
Hi, what you call 'patch patch' is what I would recommend to any applicant. However, I presume you were communicating with CIC via emails. Since you file is now at AVO, I recommend you do a Case Specific Enquiry and state your condition attaching scanned proof to support you position. All the best.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fossy2014 said:
Hello guys,

I got my medical request about 2 weeks ago, and in it I was also told to provide further documentation including a new police report.

I have a good problem on my hands- I am literally about to have a baby and I am not even in Nigeria right now. And I was only given 30 days to send all further documentation in.

- even though I already informed CiC about my pregnancy- they didn't seem to take this into account when they sent me an MR in December, literally a month before my due date.

- I informed them again by various means, of my condition- that I am pregnant and not in Nigeria (hence can't domy police report since it requires fingerprinting) etc , also sent by fedex a letter to them on Monday 5th January with the same information and a letter from my doctor over here- again I have received no acknowledgements so far.

The 30 days deadline given is fast running out and my representative thinks I should do a portion of my medical. However I think it's pointless as I can't do a complete medical right now and I certainly can't send in a police report because I am physically absent from Nigeria for another 6 weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? Isn't it sufficient to write the. And tell them of my situation and wait for a response from them, instead of doing 'patch patch' by sending them incomplete documentations here and there?
Fossy2014, I suppose you should expect an acknowledgement and a communication from them stating your alternatives soon. Keep calm 'cos you need to...for your health and the baby's. Congratulations up-front

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Nichy said:
Praise God I received my long awaited PER mail today. It is indeed a wonderful gift to start with this year. I'm very excited. I pray that All PER "awaiters" shall receive theirs soonest IJN and All waiting to be charged shall receive the golden debit alert text soon. Rejoice with me.
NOC- 2133
Per mail- 06/Jan./2015
Congrats Nichy, nice start to your 2015 :)

POKLINK

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Nichy said:
NOC- 2133
Per mail- 06/Jan./2015
Congratulations, God will perfect all dt concerns your applications IJN.

motivated

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Fossy2014 said:
Hello guys,

My two cents suggestion
1. PCC - It is possible to do this when you physically absent and i suggest you do follow this route. I had same experience at the initial stage of my application. My wife was out of the country for a long period while i was in Nigeria and i needed to process her pcc. She simply printed the pcc form from the online site (http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm), completed the form, thumb printed it following the example provided on the site, and sent it to me in Nigeria via courier. I had it processed under a day (offcourse at a cost higher than the normal price). You can have someone process it this way immediately and courier it so you can quickly send to accra.

2. Medicals: i suggest you do this at your current location using a hospital/clinic from the CIC approved list for your current location.(see link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). I Had same experience. My wife was out of the country and as a result she did her medicals in that location while we did ours in Nigeria and followed up with an email to accra explaining the situation. On the pregnancy, you simply need to inform the doctor at the hospital and they will conduct the chest xray while protecting your baby. I want to believe that other experienced members in this forum who have done their medicals while pregnant can attest to this and shed more light.
In my opinion, it is better to send in partly completed documentation and explain the situation to accra than not doing anyone at all. A colleague had a near similar challenge but went ahead to do some of it and sent an email to accra explaining the delay due to long timeline in processing his pcc from the USA along with his documented evidence showing his application for the pcc. Accra responded and gave him an exception to extend his deadline till when he gets his pcc. So on this basis, i will suggest you act swiftly because you have already lost two weeks of your deadline.
I leave it to other experienced members to add or remove....
Wishing you the best.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Nichy said:
NOC- 2133
Per mail- 06/Jan./2015
Congrats

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motivated said:
My two cents suggestion
1. PCC - It is possible to do this when you physically absent and i suggest you do follow this route. I had same experience at the initial stage of my application. My wife was out of the country for a long period while i was in Nigeria and i needed to process her pcc. She simply printed the pcc form from the online site (http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm), completed the form, thumb printed it following the example provided on the site, and sent it to me in Nigeria via courier. I had it processed under a day (offcourse at a cost higher than the normal price). You can have someone process it this way immediately and courier it so you can quickly send to accra.

2. Medicals: i suggest you do this at your current location using a hospital/clinic from the CIC approved list for your current location.(see link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). I Had same experience. My wife was out of the country and as a result she did her medicals in that location while we did ours in Nigeria and followed up with an email to accra explaining the situation. On the pregnancy, you simply need to inform the doctor at the hospital and they will conduct the chest xray while protecting your baby. I want to believe that other experienced members in this forum who have done their medicals while pregnant can attest to this and shed more light.
In my opinion, it is better to send in partly completed documentation and explain the situation to accra than not doing anyone at all. A colleague had a near similar challenge but went ahead to do some of it and sent an email to accra explaining the delay due to long timeline in processing his pcc from the USA along with his documented evidence showing his application for the pcc. Accra responded and gave him an exception to extend his deadline till when he gets his pcc. So on this basis, i will suggest you act swiftly because you have already lost two weeks of your deadline.
Wishing you the best.
Fossy, I guess these are the sure options you may wish to exercise. All the best

Selectedfew

Oct 20, 2014
Hello crew,

Please i need advice on :

I received PER on DEC 12 and file transferred to ACCRA already. ECAS status: we received your application on ... (IN PROCESS)

Primary applicant: I did my masters program in sweden where i lived for a year between 2005 and 2006:
Do i need a police certificate from sweden for this at AVO even though they havent requested .

Spouse: My spouse also did her masters program in the United Kindgom between 2010 and 2011:
Do i need a police certificate from the United Kingdom for this at AVO even though they havent requested.

please your response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Selectedfew said:
Hello crew,

I received PER on DEC 12 and file transferred to ACCRA already. ECAS status: we received your application on ... (IN PROCESS)

Primary applicant: I did my masters program in sweden where i lived for a year between 2005 and 2006:
Do i need a police certificate from sweden for this at AVO even though they havent requested .

Spouse: My spouse also did her masters program in the United Kindgom between 2010 and 2011:
Do i need a police certificate from the United Kingdom for this at AVO even though they havent requested.

Best Regards

Yes Selectedfew , U will be needing Police reports in both cases since U stayed in those regions for more than 6months, U can get those through the Embassies of the countries located in Nigeria, but i think they'll be requested by the AVO subsequently in later correspondences

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Selectedfew said:
Hello crew,

Best Regards
Yes both will need police certificate from the countries. Any country you have lived for more than 6months

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Nichy said:
NOC- 2133
Per mail- 06/Jan./2015
Congratulations Nichy

Jmoney

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
My people,
A friend of mine is in dire straits. He called me worrying about when he will be charged, having submitted his app on the 20th of september. I told him to call his bank and check if there was any attempt to charge his card. He just called me back to tell me that there was 4 attempts on the 13th of december to charge his card and his bank (diamond) declined the transaction because it was over the POS limit of 200k. Please is there anything he can do? He is really pissed

gokefolusho

Aug 8, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
Jmoney said:
My people,
A friend of mine is in dire straits. He called me worrying about when he will be charged, having submitted his app on the 20th of september. I told him to call his bank and check if there was any attempt to charge his card. He just called me back to tell me that there was 4 attempts on the 13th of december to charge his card and his bank (diamond) declined the transaction because it was over the POS limit of 200k. Please is there anything he can do? He is really pissed
This is quite unfortunate... I just hope something can be done!!!

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Hi,
Your suggestions were more than a million dollars. I will advise she do exactly so with AVO.

Brilliant advice.

motivated said:
My two cents suggestion

Wishing you the best.