Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
13-10-2015
Preferred said:
ALOUD, we would render your praises, Oh LORD,Almighty,Victorious....

Oluwasemiloreee o, mo yo, Oluwasemilore o mi o le pa mora

So I woke up this morning, expectant again... My super expectant forum peeps had spent the week prophesying n calling.

I had this meeting with trade unions that was energy-sapping, been checking my phone, no update from CIC. The battery went flat and I left it in the conference room while we went out to a separate room to strategise. I looked at the other phone with me and saw I had missed my spouse's call. I called back and he said 'Praise the Lord'. I knew without a doubt the much awaited MR had arrived. I jumped up, left the team n strolled (abi na jump sef) about the compound of the hotel. I went on my knees out there thanking this Faithful God. It was not enuff, I put my forehead on the ground in worship. People were asking what happened (couldn't talk) ;). For me it is not routine. It is God at work.

I went back into the meeting renewed. As we were discussing, my mind was 'jumping, and leaping, and praising God.

I return all the glory to Him. And to my peeps - Kollins, Abeke, Royal Dee, Macfar, who kept calling / prophesying, the Lord will jealously watch over your dreams.
Joolagabriel, thank you.

To all expectant hearts, may you experience speedy fulfilment of your desires in Jesus name.

My application story is for another day.

Application date: July 4 2014 (after WES had sent in error, my Unilag confirmation request to Aba instead of Lagos)
PER: Oct 30 2014
MR: May 15 2015

Praise ye the name of the Lord! E ba mi ke Halleluyah! Help me say Jesus, Igwe! Help me say Nagode Yesu!

Dieu Merci!
Congratulations Preferred. ....Thanking God for HIS faithfulness always. It shall surely end in praise for us all. Amen

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
Congrats Canada here are come for this great news. I look forward to mine. Applied in July. PER in Nov. it must end in Praise.

Ussave

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Ussave, congratulations on the successful landing and quick settling in. We would all appreciate the exact requirements for getting the kids admitted to Catholic school and which bank you opened your account as well. Looking forward to your detailed response :)
Thank you very much PH. Do believe you and Pipis are doing good.

Catholic Baptismal cert. is very key, if it can be obtained, although not mandatory. Where there are many students to be enrolled at the same time in Catholic Schools, kids with BC are given preference. Told we were very Lucky to have them put immediately in school without it. We plan getting it anyways, cos I'm told same scenario plays out even for Catholic High Schools.

Your neighborhood really matters in registering children to particular schools. It appears most highly rated schools on the Fraser scale are usually found in middle class to rich neighborhoods, but on the whole the curriculum is same and teachers quality, pretty much the same, so student performance seems to be the main yardstick for school rating and nothing to worry about. We were lucky to get an 8.1 rated school based on the neighborhood we settled in.

I opened Scotia acc. while wife opened RBC acc. We decided to open with two different banks.

Still trying to get settled, so been moving from one place to another, reading and checking stuffs, filling one form or other etc. Pls. pardon if I'm not able to keep up with messages here but will try and respond once chanced.

Lastly, let's try to bring as much money as possible when landing so as to facilitate easy settlement. Canada is a very wonderful place, but kind of expensive especially Calgary, and until one starts earning a living here and not drawing from your Naija savings, you may not really feel comfortable.

Regards,

Ussave

Ussave

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2015
Thanks to all my peeps here for your prayers and wishes. May God answer all our prayers IJMN.

Congrats also to everyone with one update or the other. It shall all end in praise IJMN.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada said:
I want to say "Thank You" to De explorer, bensonams,calgary chic, calgary family,Unibadan,ayoka, Kay_diwe2014, dadabigboy,Gentle andrew,Johnny31,Ed_b_good, Pips husband and all forumites.

Congratulations are in order for joolagabriel and dmoneyvera007 for your MR. Congratulations also to Ussave on sucessful landing.

De explorer, kuskus,,Rastamans prayer,AVA14,Trevor,Tkmax,magiceyes,zeemaple,Bjenike,primefleet,codedguy31,Heropop,and KSA0510 I hand over the baton of MR, refresh your mail its coming.

We will all finish with success and speed.
Amen! Thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Ussave said:
Thank you very much PH. Do believe you and Pipis are doing good.

Catholic Baptismal cert. is very key, if it can be obtained, although not mandatory. Where there are many students to be enrolled at the same time in Catholic Schools, kids with BC are given preference. Told we were very Lucky to have them put immediately in school without it. We plan getting it anyways, cos I'm told same scenario plays out even for Catholic High Schools.

Your neighborhood really matters in registering children to particular schools. It appears most highly rated schools on the Fraser scale are usually found in middle class to rich neighborhoods, but on the whole the curriculum is same and teachers quality, pretty much the same, so student performance seems to be the main yardstick for school rating and nothing to worry about. We were lucky to get an 8.1 rated school based on the neighborhood we settled in.

I opened Scotia acc. while wife opened RBC acc. We decided to open with two different banks.

Still trying to get settled, so been moving from one place to another, reading and checking stuffs, filling one form or other etc. Pls. pardon if I'm not able to keep up with messages here but will try and respond once chanced.

Lastly, let's try to bring as much money as possible when landing so as to facilitate easy settlement. Canada is a very wonderful place, but kind of expensive especially Calgary, and until one starts earning a living here and not drawing from your Naija savings, you may not really feel comfortable.

Regards,

Ussave
Thanks a lot for these tips and info you shared with us. Those of coming behind will tap these and apply them accordingly. Truly wishing you the best of the land especially in lading a job quickly for ease of integration and peace of mind. It is well with you Bro.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
wonuola said:
I had my medicals at IOM ikeja about 3 weeks ago. Their service was great. Children less than 5yrs pays 15k while less than 12 pays 16k. however it is their practise to delay the physical examination of at least either of d couple till the next day so they can discuss the results of the test with you. A week after,our medical results were uploaded on my ECAS. They close 12pm on Fridays and I think 4.30 pm on other days. Call to make a booking .
Good to know.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Ussave said:
Congratulation to everyone with update from AVO. Good to see AVO already sending MR to July applicants. May good news never depart from our habitation. Amen.

We completed our immigration process last week Thursday. Landed at Calgary International Airport via Amsterdam (KLM) around few mins to 2pm local time to a warm reception of Immigration and Custom officials. Honestly, I've never met a bunch of people so courteous and warm. No POF check. Was at Canada Service the next day for SIN, reception was even warmer, went to center for new comers and got valuable information FOC. Next day was health card and bank acc. opening.

Children school was next, got them registered with Catholic Schools District yesterday and they commenced school today.

I'm very positive that the steps each and everyone of us are taking to give our children better life will end in testimony. We shall all eat the good of this land IJMN.
Thank God for successful landing.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats again dmoneyvera007

dmoneyvera007 said:
To the Glory of God....

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: 2015/06/15

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination This must be received at this office by: 2015/06/15

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats to your friend.

dmoneyvera007 said:
A friend of mine also received MR today...

TL: App date - 20.06.2014, PER - 27.10.2014, 29.04.2015 - AVO called for further clarifications on his app record, 15.05.2015 - MR landed

It shall end in praise for us all - Amen.

wonuola

Mar 25, 2014
With happiness and gratitude to God,I announce my PPR @ exactly 2.05 pm naija time today. I pray for speedy processing for everyone expecting one update or the other from AVO. Surely, it shall end in praiseee!!!!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats to you our own 'Preferred'

Preferred said:

So I woke up this morning, expectant again... My super expectant forum peeps had spent the week prophesying n calling.

I had this meeting with trade unions that was energy-sapping, been checking my phone, no update from CIC. The battery went flat and I left it in the conference room while we went out to a separate room to strategise. I looked at the other phone with me and saw I had missed my spouse's call. I called back and he said 'Praise the Lord'. I knew without a doubt the much awaited MR had arrived. I jumped up, left the team n strolled (abi na jump sef) about the compound of the hotel. I went on my knees out there thanking this Faithful God. It was not enuff, I put my forehead on the ground in worship. People were asking what happened (couldn't talk) ;). For me it is not routine. It is God at work.

I went back into the meeting renewed. As we were discussing, my mind was 'jumping, and leaping, and praising God.

I return all the glory to Him. And to my peeps - Kollins, Abeke, Royal Dee, Macfar, who kept calling / prophesying, the Lord will jealously watch over your dreams.
Joolagabriel, thank you.

To all expectant hearts, may you experience speedy fulfilment of your desires in Jesus name.

Application date: July 4 2014 (after WES had sent in error, my Unilag confirmation request to Aba instead of Lagos)

Praise ye the name of the Lord! E ba mi ke Halleluyah! Help me say Jesus, Igwe! Help me say Nagode Yesu!

Dieu Merci!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
dmoneyvera007 said:
To the Glory of God....

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: 2015/06/15

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination This must be received at this office by: 2015/06/15

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***
Big congrats. I thank God for you.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Preferred said:

Joolagabriel, thank you.

Dieu Merci!
I join you to praise God. Big congrats!