+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

_____chisom

Jul 18, 2018
Hello house please I need ur help. In my application status my biometric changed from "completed"to "we do not need your fingerprint we will send you message if this changes" meanly I have done my biometric. What's that supposed to mean and what does "date of biometric enrollment mean cos i Just started seeing it recently in my profile

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house please I need ur help. In my application status my biometric changed from "completed"to "we do not need your fingerprint we will send you message if this changes" meanly I have done my biometric. What's that supposed to mean and what does "date of biometric enrollment mean cos i Just started seeing it recently in my profile
As of July 31st 2018 the biometric rules have changed for those applying for Canadian visa. Most are now required to give biometrics as part of the application process. If you need to, you’ll be instructed to do so.

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Happy Weekend all. Please just want to know.
At the moment, i am filling my form online and about to submit, but i want to apply through the FSW and i can see it state i am applying through express entry. At want point will i be able to choose to apply for FSW? Or will it automatically add me to the pole for Express Entry?
Just confused.. Will appreciate tour response please. Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Happy Weekend all. Please just want to know.
At the moment, i am filling my form online and about to submit, but i want to apply through the FSW and i can see it state i am applying through express entry. At want point will i be able to choose to apply for FSW? Or will it automatically add me to the pole for Express Entry?
Just confused.. Will appreciate tour response please. Thanks
FSW is a subcategory of Express Entry so don't worry, you will automatically end up in the pool.

Reactions: Cherry-blossom

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Thanks @Pipis Husband. I so much appreciate . I received a confirmation today after submitting the form which is the first message
But my surprise is they actually calculated my CRS for express entry and not the point for FSW.
I know my CRS is a bit low and that was why i choose to go with FSW because of my profession, i have a high point.
Please do i just ignore the CRS score and believe they will still calculate my points for FSW instead or the CRS which they send?
Please i will appreciate response from you. Thanks so much

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Thanks @Pipis Husband. I so much appreciate . I received a confirmation today after submitting the form which is the first message
But my surprise is they actually calculated my CRS for express entry and not the point for FSW.
I know my CRS is a bit low and that was why i choose to go with FSW because of my profession, i have a high point.
Please do i just ignore the CRS score and believe they will still calculate my points for FSW instead or the CRS which they send?
Please i will appreciate response from you. Thanks so much
I will suggest you spend some time on the Express Entry section of the IRCC website or read through the various posts on this website related to this topic to educate yourself on how the entire process works.

Reactions: gbengalex and tobs

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Thanks Super Canadian. Appreciate. I have just seen a full message on my profile And it shows i met the FSW criteria and the job code. Thanks alot.

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Good day House,
Thank you for all the help from our seniors. Much appreciated!

Please is there any other evaluation body to use other than WES? I want to use it for employment purpose in Canada and not for the Immigration process. I am having difficulty with this WES. They are asking for WAEC result to be sent to them. I believe this will make the whole process very difficult given how our Nigerian system can be.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Good day House,
Thank you for all the help from our seniors. Much appreciated!

Please is there any other evaluation body to use other than WES? I want to use it for employment purpose in Canada and not for the Immigration process. I am having difficulty with this WES. They are asking for WAEC result to be sent to them. I believe this will make the whole process very difficult given how our Nigerian system can be.
Hi.
The WAEC requirement seems to be a new development, because I only noticed it last week as well. If you're using it for employment purposes try to verify that you're not limited to WES before you pay to another evaluation body.

If you're in Nigeria, getting your WAEC certificate sent to WES isn't as difficult as we all expect it to be. A friend of mine went to inquire last week and was told to get an affidavit, the certificate number, buy some stamps and a large envelope (all of which are available at the premises for purchase) , pay #10 000 for "confirmation" as they call it, and pay for shipment.

I haven't done mine yet, but I'm not in a hurry. I hope you're not in a hurry as well so I can update you with any new info I get.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi.
The WAEC requirement seems to be a new development, because I only noticed it last week as well. If you're using it for employment purposes try to verify that you're not limited to WES before you pay to another evaluation body.

If you're in Nigeria, getting your WAEC certificate sent to WES isn't as difficult as we all expect it to be. A friend of mine went to inquire last week and was told to get an affidavit, the certificate number, buy some stamps and a large envelope (all of which are available at the premises for purchase) , pay #10 000 for "confirmation" as they call it, and pay for shipment.

I haven't done mine yet, but I'm not in a hurry. I hope you're not in a hurry as well so I can update you with any new info I get.
UPDATE:
Things you'll need for May/June candidates.

1. 2 passport photographs
2. A copy of your WAEC certificate (with the affixed picture)
3. An affidavit for confirmation of result (obtainable opposite the WAEC office in Yaba for N4,000)
4. N10,000 application/processing fee
5. N10,000 Courier fees (using FedEx or Chase)
Got to the fifth(5th) floor of the WAEC office to process your documents.

Things you'll need for GCE/Private candidates.
1. 2 passport Photographs
2. A copy of your WAEC result (buy the N500 scratch card and downlaod the result from their website. You need to know your candidate number)
3. An affidavit for confirmation of result (obtainable opposite the WAEC office in Yaba for N4,000)
4. An affidavit for attestation of result (obtainable opposite the WAEC office in Yaba for N3,000)
5. N10,000 application/processing fee
6. N10,000 Courier fees (using FedEx or Chase)
Got to the seventh (7th) floor of the WAEC office to process your documents.

Word of Advice: Go in the morning from 9am. WAEC is a Government office similar to a ministry. You go there too early, you're on your own & if you go too late, same same.

Reactions: Yemjim and kuskus

Guitarlife

Feb 1, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys I got PPR and I am currently looking for a roommate to share rent with in Toronto, I will appreciate any help.

samnijazz

Dec 18, 2014
Good day Peeps, pls I want to get clarification on the best agency(IQAS, WES OR ICAS) to use for ECA for a polytechnic graduate with ND and HND in Mass Communication. for me to have 2 or more certificates. Thank you

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Good day Peeps, pls I want to get clarification on the best agency(IQAS, WES OR ICAS) to use for ECA for a polytechnic graduate with ND and HND in Mass Communication. for me to have 2 or more certificates. Thank you
WES