Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello house! Am new here. Please I applied for work permit to Canada since march 5th and till date I ve not gotten a response from the embassy and the processing time says 13 weeks mean while this is the 29th week. What are my chances of getting an approval and how soon. Thanks in anticipation for you kind responses

Hi, it's hard to say as the timeline on the CIC website is just a guide and does not mean that things can get extended. People who applied for PR through this same FSW since 2014 are still waiting for completion of the processing of their applications. This is 2018 so they've been waiting close to 4 years for what we were told would take 10 months. Just have some patience and see how things play out.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Please is it compulsory to submit a bank statement for proof of funds since it doesn't clearly say so in the official website or am I getting it wrong?
I quote
"What we accept as proof
For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months"
Please someone should kindly clarify this for me because I am really confused.
Hi, for proof of funds, you can use either your bank account statement, a bank balance letter, fixed/time deposit certificate or treasury bills.

_____chisom

Jul 18, 2018
Hi, it's hard to say as the timeline on the CIC website is just a guide and does not mean that things can get extended. People who applied for PR through this same FSW since 2014 are still waiting for completion of the processing of their applications. This is 2018 so they've been waiting close to 4 years for what we were told would take 10 months. Just have some patience and see how things play out.
Thanks for your response. In my case I applied for work permit as a caregiver to my uncle's children, fam in my early twenties and not married but went for the required six months training with two years work experience as a crèche attendant. I also have a b.sc degree and did not write English proficiency test. The only backlog in my application is a mistake in my waec date of birth which I wrote a letter of explanation and submitted with an affidavit alongside with letter from school. With all this I would like to know my chances of getting my work permit visa approved. Thanks in anticipation of you reply

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I didn't know getting a letter from the bank is a big deal in Nigeria. Went to Diamond bank stating that I needed a letter in the format IRCC wanted it and was told its not possible. That average balance for the last 6 months cannot be given out.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,

I didn't know getting a letter from the bank is a big deal in Nigeria. Went to Diamond bank stating that I needed a letter in the format IRCC wanted it and was told its not possible. That average balance for the last 6 months cannot be given out.
Ask them to give you their usual reference letter for the Canadian embassy (trust me they've written it several times) on their letter headed paper with your full name and account number. Then ask for a letter of indebtedness (the letter basically says you're not owing anything), and ask for a 6months/1year bank statement. (You can try asking them if they can give another letter that says what your bank balance is at close of business today)

All these should be on the letter head (with the bank's address, email and phone number), stamped and signed.

With these you'll meet the requirements and then some.
Good luck.

Reactions: FMT

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Thanks for your response. In my case I applied for work permit as a caregiver to my uncle's children, fam in my early twenties and not married but went for the required six months training with two years work experience as a crèche attendant. I also have a b.sc degree and did not write English proficiency test. The only backlog in my application is a mistake in my waec date of birth which I wrote a letter of explanation and submitted with an affidavit alongside with letter from school. With all this I would like to know my chances of getting my work permit visa approved. Thanks in anticipation of you reply
Situation is still the same, nobody can confidently tell you when your application processing will be completed. Does not matter wether it is a work permit application or student visa app. They are all processed on case-by-case basis, no rigid timelines. The best we can do is submit a complete application (of any sort) and stay tuned :)

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Hello Everyone. Thanks to Pipis Husband for responding to my previous questions on this platform.
Please i have another question, i will appreciate response from all..
I have a land back in Nigeria in which i want to sell to a family friend, in order to add the money to my proof of funds , while i am base in the UK. Please what documents or proof will i need to submit to show that i got my proof of funds from one of my property which i sold.
Thanks to all in advance for the response

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone. Thanks to Pipis Husband for responding to my previous questions on this platform.
Please i have another question, i will appreciate response from all..
I have a land back in Nigeria in which i want to sell to a family friend, in order to add the money to my proof of funds , while i am base in the UK. Please what documents or proof will i need to submit to show that i got my proof of funds from one of my property which i sold.
Thanks to all in advance for the response
Property sale agreement.

We submitted our application only with documents for our properties, when we were requested to show proof of funds, I sold the property I wanted to use the proceeds for settlement funds, deposited the money in my account. I then sent the bank statement, property sale agreement and a short letter of explanation.

Reactions: Cherry-blossom

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Property sale agreement.

We submitted our application only with documents for our properties, when we were requested to show proof of funds, I sold the property I wanted to use the proceeds for settlement funds, deposited the money in my account. I then sent the bank statement, property sale agreement and a short letter of explanation.
Thank you Kuskus... Really appreciate this. But please if i may ask.. The property sale agreement , is this a legal contract that will be sign by the lawyers too?
And while filling the form. Did you put the fund in the form filled as what you have in bank. And is it still compulsory to have it in the account for 6months before printing your statement? Or can i just add additional information to explain its an instant cash. Thanks in advance

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Kuskus... Really appreciate this. But please if i may ask.. The property sale agreement , is this a legal contract that will be sign by the lawyers too?
And while filling the form. Did you put the fund in the form filled as what you have in bank. And is it still compulsory to have it in the account for 6months before printing your statement? Or can i just add additional information to explain its an instant cash. Thanks in advance
The agreement to transact a sale of that magnitude should be prepared by a lawyer; ours was.

When we filled the form, I simply put the value of the property in the form. When the property was eventually sold, it was sold for less than the value. I didn’t even deposit all of the proceeds from the sale; although I deposited is way more than what was required for my family size.

As regards the six months, that will not be necessary since you’ll be able to prove the source of the lump sum with the documents you’ll be providing.

Reactions: Cherry-blossom

Cherry-blossom

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
The agreement to transact a sale of that magnitude should be prepared by a lawyer; ours was.

When we filled the form, I simply put the value of the property in the form. When the property was eventually sold, it was sold for less than the value. I didn’t even deposit all of the proceeds from the sale; although I deposited is way more than what was required for my family size.

As regards the six months, that will not be necessary since you’ll be able to prove the source of the lump sum with the documents you’ll be providing.
I am very Grateful for taking your time to explain to me and putting me through. Wishing you the very best in life too. I will start filling my form tomorrow. Thanks again and again

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very Grateful for taking your time to explain to me and putting me through. Wishing you the very best in life too. I will start filling my form tomorrow. Thanks again and again
Thanks a lot. I wish you the same.