+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
reddevil7281 said:
I finished reading about 20+ pages in 1 sitting. What happened! I wasn't checking for 24 hours max.

Good day civeng, unfortunately the day has ended and no news on the CC charge for me. A week ago, I thought that this week would bear some results, but no. Lets see what happens next week and if the 13th May applicants get some news.

Congrats to islandbabe for her PER and to others too for their charge + PER.

As for questioning the CIC/CIO for their working in regards to being slow, I think we should reconsider. As already pointed out by Jigzy that this is year about 20 days quicker than last time in regards to fee being charged. How have they regressed in processing? Though I totally agree that cap updates could be quicker and more efficient.

I believe there are a lot of things to check and process before they charge the fee and that they open applications a lot earlier than we assume. I have a reason to believe this, that I'll clarify later.

Happy weekend everybody.
I am quite sure that May 13th hasn't been started yet [apart from document verification]. There are few days, may be from Thu onward we see May 13th charges. May 10th was a heavy day in CIO and May 13th even worse.

There are a lot 8 ~ 10 May applicants left for various NOC's. 2174 might go ahead and start May 13, rest are going very slow & that is very disturbing for many.

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
11th Feb 2015. Medical Received: 19th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
jigzyy said:
He did not. This is his / her first post. :(
Oh My bad. I misread it. I thought he is asking about Idoit.

lesmor

Jul 5, 2013
jigzyy said:
Sorry to hear about your rejection. Please answer the following

1- Paste your job duties here, so that we can see what actually went wrong. Title itself play a very little role. It's the opening line & the job duties that matters.
2- Birth Certificate, have you sent it or substituted it with High School Certificate. Was it your or your spouse [if applicable].
3- Your Visa Office, Date sent / received and the date this letter was dated.

Thanks!
Guess my questions are which is more fatal? Although in the rejection letter they highlighted "Change to FSW and Work Experience" I do not find that they highlighted anything related to work on the checklist. So is the birth certificate more fatal? And highlight of the changes to fsw is the common area they highlighted?

Duties I wrote:
Develop test codes of reports/dashboards
Programme in SQL/Macro/Business Intelligence Tools
Resolve Software Issues in UAT/Production
Design/Develop Database Models
Develop web pages with javascripts

It was my spouse's we were not in time to get hers so substitute it with an affidavit

Date sent May 8 Date received May 10 Visa Office Buffalo

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
lesmor said:
Guess my questions are which is more fatal? Although in the rejection letter they highlighted "Change to FSW and Work Experience" I do not find that they highlighted anything related to work on the checklist. So is the birth certificate more fatal? And highlight of the changes to fsw is the common area they highlighted?

Duties I wrote:

It was my spouse's we were not in time to get hers so substitute it with an affidavit

what was the date on the rejection letter u received ?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
lesmor said:

Duties I wrote:

Both are equally fatal. Birth Certificate is fatal when it comes to document completeness, as they have specifically requested for a Birth Certificate & not anything [though they have mentioned that they may consider request if they THINK is genuine, so I guess they did not considered Affidavit]. As far duties are concerned, I guess they are about 50% to what 2174 actually do. Reports, Assistance, Research parts are missing so they may have considered that factor too. Your total experience? You are lucky that they haven't rejected you on Visa Office. Buffalo is no longer operational. CPP-O handles everything now.

CIO received a lot of 2174 applications on May 10th and probably VO had variety of applications available to pick from. This is my guess.

What is the date on the rejection letter?

rc_phil

May 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2013
IELTS Request
W/ initial application
Med's Request
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Interview........
26-05-2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ecas DM 17-07-2014
lesmor said:
:'(

Got our returned package yesterday...

The highlighted portions are:

1. On the 2-page rejection letter, the "changes to eligibility and Note: Work Experience part was highlighted.
2. However, on the checklist, only birth certificate was highlighted

Does that mean both do not qualify? Or only what is highlighted in the checklist?

I entered my title as business intelligence/database developer. Do I have to write the exact word software developer to qualify?
Im sorry to hear about the rejection lesmor. Birth Certificate is very important so as the main duties in the NOC. Im not sure if "database developer" falls on the NOC2172 - Database analyst and data administrator and not 2174 NOC.

Database analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions using database management software. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

from: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&val65=2172

lesmor

Jul 5, 2013
jigzyy said:
Both are equally fatal. Birth Certificate is fatal when it comes to document completeness, as they have specifically requested for a Birth Certificate & not anything [though they have mentioned that they may consider request if they THINK is genuine, so I guess they did not considered Affidavit]. As far duties are concerned, I guess they are about 50% to what 2174 actually do. Reports, Assistance, Research parts are missing so they may have considered that factor too. Your total experience? You are lucky that they haven't rejected you on Visa Office. Buffalo is no longer operational. CPP-O handles everything now.

CIO received a lot of 2174 applications on May 10th and probably VO had variety of applications available to pick from. This is my guess.

What is the date on the rejection letter?
Thanks Jigzyy~ Where do you find what 2174 actually do? Do I have to cover everything on that list on work letter and job duties on the forms? new to this and thought these would just cover guess i should do more work :'(

The date on the letter is June 27.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
lesmor said:
Thanks Jigzyy~ Where do you find what 2174 actually do? Do I have to cover everything on that list on work letter and job duties on the forms? new to this and thought these would just cover guess i should do more work :'(

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2174 << These are the duties that 2174 actually do. Your duties are more inclined towards Database side.

June 27th. Hmmm, the day they actually started to work on May 10th applications! Can you provide the time your application received at CIO?

Next step: Re-applying with updated letter MIGHT not help if you still manage to get into the cap. They already have the history & the rejection reason which is Experience. If it was only Birth Certificate, then it wouldn't have been an issue to reapply. Try to get a job, and a positive LMO so that you don't have to wait for the CAP.

Others may suggest you something helpful over the weekend.

EDIT: You may provide an updated Experience letter & affidavit from your employer, that they initially declared generic which they thought would be enough, but these are the actual duties you perform [with additional 2174 duties including your current].

lesmor

Jul 5, 2013
jigzyy said:
These are the duties that 2174 actually do. Your duties are more inclined towards Database side.

June 27th. Hmmm, the day they actually started to work on May 10th applications! Can you provide the time your application received at CIO?

Next step: Re-applying with updated letter MIGHT not help if you still manage to get into the cap. They already have the history & the rejection reason which is Experience. If it was only Birth Certificate, then it wouldn't have been an issue to reapply. Try to get a job, and a positive LMO so that you don't have to wait for the CAP.

Others may suggest you something helpful over the weekend.

EDIT: You may provide an updated Experience letter & affidavit from your employer, that they initially declared generic which they thought would be enough, but these are the actual duties you perform [with additional 2174 duties including your current].

Thanks Jigzyy~~That is very helpful advice. I am hoping it was only the Birth Certificate. Will they be able to tell me what was missing if I call?

I will try and see what I can do :D. I believe my application arrived around 10.30am May 10.

I have searched around the forum. Does anyone still have Marta's letter? The dropbox link is invalid now. I am trying to compare the info.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear your bad news Lesmor. Both mistakes are equally serious in nature though.

lesmor said:

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jigzyy should still have her letter. Just hope second time is the charm for her!

lesmor said:
Thanks Jigzyy~~That is very helpful advice. I am hoping it was only the Birth Certificate. Will they be able to tell me what was missing if I call?

I will try and see what I can do :D. I believe my application arrived around 10.30am May 10.

I have searched around the forum. Does anyone still have Marta's letter? The dropbox link is invalid now. I am trying to compare the info.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I think you should still answer, the document did not allow me to type it in ( the area was shaded grey) however i wrote it in after I printed.

jaem said:
Guys

On the Generic Application Form 0008, Question 11, Date and place of your last entry to Canada, do you have to answer this if you've just been to Canada once for a couple of weeks holiday?

Tks

Jaem

harvinder25

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
islandbabe said:
Yes I think you should still answer, the document did not allow me to type it in ( the area was shaded grey) however i wrote it in after I printed.
you don't need to answer that question - as per my attorney.

harry2k4

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Still haven't received my package..as per CiC it was returned on 21-June
don't know which cheapest post did they used..its already 15 days s

1question out of curiosity-

Although spouse is not principle applicant, do we need to show
Job responsibility letter of spouse as well?

aditya_

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
04-01-2014
Passport Req..
04-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2014
islandbabe said:
if the area was shaded grey then we must not write in it . Its an another issue if it wasn't.

harry2k4 said:
Still haven't received my package..as per CiC it was returned on 21-June
don't know which cheapest post did they used..its already 15 days s

1question out of curiosity-

Although spouse is not principle applicant, do we need to show
Job responsibility letter of spouse as well?
The cheapest post possible as they have to return hundreds of applications.I am guessing if the delivery address is in India then it could be stuck at your local post office.

Is spouse going to get a job? then what is the NOC. if its one of the NOC that is in the fswp2013 then it is indeed relevant .