+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Ca7r10na said:
So we just called again - thought we were getting somewhere - guy verified our email address, representative details etc and then put us on hold (at which point he was obviously told he can't give out information!!!) and then came back and said he can't give us any information and if we want to know more we should email. Part of me feels positive as our email/representative details wouldn't be in the system if they weren't processing us to some extent but the other part is just anxious that we have to wait another weekend before hearing any substantive news (as I can't help but think if it was good news - why wouldn't he just tell us - who would complain about receiving good news??!??).

Hope everyone has as relaxing a weekend as possible and see you all next week!
I feel that, that just recently, they have advised their call center representatives not to disclose any information about FSWP application. They are just saying what they are told to say.

I am sure that this forum has played this role too, as not just May 10th, many others who are silent stalkers have flooded the call center, and someone with an authority might have noticed this [remember they have recorded calls].

We'll have to rely on Bank & CIC now :( For May 10th, it's about 8 days from now.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
jig nesh said:
Oh Finally I was able to reach CIC and was able to get some update as well. She was certainly a very nice lady to give me information about my file.

While nothing is showing into her system about my file, she confidently told me that VO has not started processing your file.
but she did tell me that CIO updated on June 19th in the system that they have received my file on May 8th.
She also told me that if your file was being returned then she would find details on her system.
Also, I forgot to mention my UCI number when I sent my file but it seems CIO was able to verify that and they have linked my UCI with this application as she was able to tell me the same.

Hope my news will help lot others to get some prospective about their files too.

Now the nice lady told me to have patience and soon VO will check my file. :) :) :) At least my weekend will be peaceful after lot of anxiety.
Guess you are luck today ;)

alertjeba

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERROR ERROR, PAGE ADMINS NEED HELP.

There is error 501 coming up on IE,Chrome, Firefox and Opera on multiple systems for a week now.

It reads "Method not implemented" While trying to Post, Reply or PM. Please fix it. It is some some http issue. Please provide a FIX. Just managed to post this using HotSpot shield a proxy tool.

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
11th Feb 2015. Medical Received: 19th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
jigzyy said:
I feel that, that just recently, they have advised their call center representatives not to disclose any information about FSWP application. They are just saying what they are told to say.

I am sure that this forum has played this role too, as not just May 10th, many others who are silent stalkers have flooded the call center, and someone with an authority might have noticed this [remember they have recorded calls].

We'll have to rely on Bank & CIC now :( For May 10th, it's about 8 days from now.
Ca7r10a and Jigzzy,
I would have believed you if you said this two hours ago but I just few mins back got off the phone with one of the CIC agent and she did give me all the information. I mentioned in my previous post. I still feel that it depends who comes on the phone and how helpful that agent is. I must have called like 20 times during this week and first time today I got some update.

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigzyy said:

I am hopeful it will be PERs for us in 8 or 9 days from 2 or 3rd July (ie the days on which we know 10 May fees have been cashed) and as we were earlier in the day in 10 May I am hopeful we will hear by Wednesday of next week. Only Jigs11 took 12 days from fee being encashed out of the 2174s so far - everyone else was 7, 8 or 9 days. So I am hopeful for us!

And I don't think they have been listening to recorded calls - they don't have time for that - but they might have noticed that a lot of their agents were asking for clarification about what they can and can't say and then they have issued a memo (or something) confirming (what was always the case) that the call centre staff shouldn't really be telling us anything (but as jig nesh has proven - they have not all got the memo - yet!)

Ok I'm really going to try to stop thinking about this now...

jaem

May 4, 2013
Guys

On the Generic Application Form 0008, Question 11, Date and place of your last entry to Canada, do you have to answer this if you've just been to Canada once for a couple of weeks holiday?

Tks

Jaem

rssb

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this thread. I really appreciate all the useful information being shared on this forum. I need your guidance in following queries:

1.I am a foreign national, residing in Phoenix, AZ, USA since July 12th, 2012. Can I submit my application for FSW program at Canadian VISA office at Los Angeles or is there any other VO office where I need to submit my application:

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90071
United States of America

2. Do I need to include original IELTS score or I can attach a copy of original score?

3. I try to call 1-613-944-4000 number, but I got a message "This toll-free facility is not available in your area". Is there any other number I can dial from USA?

I understand I have a very minimal chance by applying at this stage. But, I would still like to take a chance.

Thanks for all the help.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Another failed attempt :mad: I guess I'll wait till next Friday. That's it for me now.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rssb said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this thread. I really appreciate all the useful information being shared on this forum. I need your guidance in following queries:Welcome

1.I am a foreign national, residing in Phoenix, AZ, USA since July 12th, 2012. Can I submit my application for FSW program at Canadian VISA office at Los Angeles or is there any other VO office where I need to submit my application: CPP-O should be your visa office

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90071
United States of America

2. Do I need to include original IELTS score or I can attach a copy of original score? Original copy of IELTS General not Academic

3. I try to call 1-613-944-4000 number, but I got a message "This toll-free facility is not available in your area". Is there any other number I can dial from USA? The number was given on every other page almost in the last 12 or so sheets, just look back.

I understand I have a very minimal chance by applying at this stage. But, I would still like to take a chance. Take a chance......post your details here as well, you never did say what your Noc Category was...... 8)

Thanks for all the help.

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear what happened to you, idoit. :(

CIC is in complete mess, they losing applicant's documents, they keep failing to make their updates, they processing less than 10 (utmost) applications per day.

Definitely they need a lot of changes in their procedures and working practices. And some management changes too. I would promote Dexter, as most effective package receiver out of 13 employees in his postal department so far. ;)

Otherwise they will never ever be able to clear their backlogs and will keep screwing people, by throwing away applications received, like they did before in 2008, screwing hundreds of thousand applicants who were waiting for their reply for many years, simply because CIC bureaucrats are so incompetent.

What was the point to cancel this program last year "for making improvements" if this year their work became even worse. Is it just a nice way to say, guys we screwed everything up as usual, so we need to stop the program completely, because we are not capable to do our work?

"What a surprise! This year we got as many applications as before! We didn't expected this and are not prepared for this!!! :eek:"

I am just so mad at such a stupidity and ineffectiveness! :mad:

deedohad

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
12-04-2015
Interview........
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
8-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
Adrenalineforu said:
@ deedohad - Wished everyone had thoughts and vision like yours. But there are ppl out there who fear loss and disappointment, who lacks self-confidence and who dare not push their limits. They are yet to open their eyes to a bigger picture; the society as a whole and not clusters of people - some failing, some gaining!

I know they are reading this and I want them to read this over and over and over again until they come out of the darkness.

One must remember, "Strong is what happens when one runs out of weak". The reverse is also true if allowed to happen.

Exactly ur so ryt....but well as I posted earlier canada is not the end of thr world... every1 should try n leave the rest on God... rest a sure all out there God always gives u what's best 4u....if not csnada maybe something lot better... so keep praying n hoping 4 the best...both ny sons 2 year old n 9month old r US citizens n we r in GCC so life is great at the moment n canada will be a bonus... so we have done our part by applying restcis no God... good luck to all...

Show up ppl join the group n share ur detail... all here r helpful n will be more than happy if u get thru....

pepto

Star Member
May 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
PER Received July 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
NDVO Sept 6, 2013
Med's Request
April 23, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
idoit said:
Well, I have a very bad news and right now I am very much pissed off at CIC.

They have returned my application and the reason mentioned is I have not included my IELTS!!!!!!!!!!! I AM 100% CERTAIN (no doubt) that I included it. Apparently, they lost my IELTS. The letter I put was in its pocket and now there's nothing in my package returned!

Guys, what do you think i should do. I try to stay cool but this is ridiculous. Seriously ridiculous!

Oh my God, I am so angry right now! CIC officers really?!!! Where's my IELTS score?
Dear Idiot!

Really sorry to hear about your news :( :(. I guess no body thought before you gave the news that this is also a possibility of getting your file back. When there is a document in the file and still the CIO returns the application saying that it wasn't there. If someone had asked me my answer it would have been a big "YES".

Here are the reasons and please read it very patiently because it is going to be a long one.

I have already mentioned in my earlier posts that my case was rejected twice before my present attempt. On the first occasion my file was returned because visa officer could not find any document which would have established my relationship with my uncle. They were right in that case partially. The fact that I had not attached the birth certificate of my uncle and my father. I was claiming 5 point for adaptability because of my Uncle in Canada. But at that time there was nothing mentioned in the CIC checklist how to prove the relationship and I though that by attaching his PR card and all the bank and income tax papers were enough.

Anyways because it was rejected for such a small reason and because I filed the documents by my self that time I decided to use the services of a consultant next time.

The second time in 2012 I decided hired a consultant to help me with such finer details. This consultant had an association with one of the top immigration lawyer in Canada. I filed it under their umbrella thinking that no force can deny my PR this time. But guess what I was wrong. :-X :-X (By the way consultant did no good job)

As i told you I had filled the application in 2011 hence my IELTS score was still valid for two years and hence I used the copy of the IELTS with my application in 2012. My file was returned with all the papers saying that there was no IELTS copy attached with the file. I was so mad at CIC at that time and could not believe what has happened. I complained to my consultant and since the lawyer in Canada had lot of name I thought there would be some chance.

So the lawyer in Canada initiated communication with CIC office and finally got an answer from the CIC supervisor that they would have looked into case but the very fact that CIO sends back everything to the applicants once the file in incomplete and hence they have no record as to what was attached in the file at the time of submission. So they can do nothing in this case. I guess that I was so much angry at the situation and all the CIC.

But there was nothing that could be done because I had sent my file almost at the last end when the quota was about to end. The quota had finished by the time I got my papers back from CIO and then the FSW program was halted. Hence I have filled it now again.

Also, worth mentioning is that my uncle went to few lawyers in Toronto they all promised different things no body was sure though. The biggest problem with CIO is that they do not keep the copy of the documents if they return the file. Only when the file passes the completeness test it makes a copy for the visa officer to view the documents. Hence there was no evidence to refute the claim made by the CIO officer. If I am not wrong there is a case similar to that where even the judge had the same problem and because CIO officer holds the position of authority they had to take his wording as truth.

I know no words would be enough to you in this situation but the big question is what can we do?

Here are my suggestion:

1) Right away send an official mail protesting this decision and return of the file explaining every thing from your end. Once you receive a similar reply from CIO that my lawyer got go for some legal opinion. There may be 10% chance that they might have some more details about your file as opposed to mine because two years have passed since then.

2) Keep the file in the same shape as you received especially if there are any manual notings on the file by CIC officer.

3) Be hopeful but at the same time be prepared to take fast decisions. Legal action takes a lot of time and money and no one knows what would be the outcome. Its a lotto. If you win it will be a jackpot. The biggest hurdle being where is the evidence?

After my case, I had thought that this big hole in CIO processing should be filled because as an applicant we have no proof what we sent in the application package. I know some of us keep all the photocopies of the documents but that is just for our satisfaction not for the evidence of CIO. They wont consider that as an evidence.

Lets brain storm this and come out with some remedy to this action.

I wish you a very good luck in your effort to get justice. :( :(

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
@Adrenalineforu: yea man it seems that pidgin pissed right on my head! At least it didn't go to my mouth, I have to be thankful. ;)

Highly recommend to watch this. You can't trust the system, maaaaaan! ;)
CIC's taser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

[Rants Begin] To give you a bit inside, some of those who work for Canadian Government have secured a job with high salaries (for which they can go on strikes) and at the same time run their own business. So are counting minutes and seconds for 4pm to kick in, so they can depart. I know one thing, I won't do that. You're being paid to do a good job and keep your promises. CIC or CIO or whatever, please hire more qualified people, many of which are already in this thread and this forum. From your IT dept who doesn't update the page (you promised to, if you hadn't promised yourself, we couldn't blame you!) straight to your officers and people with NOC 1112 background. Bad CIC, bad! :)

Please if any CIC officer is reading this, please be more careful with our precious documents... They might be a pile of papers for you, but it's key to opportunities that we so Goddamn deserve and don't sleep nights and nights for! I don't want to be naively nice, and to be truthful I can't forgive whoever officer overlooked my package. BE CAREFUL! [Rants End]

I guess as Ca7 and islandbabe said: the best strategy for me now is to give up on this stream and move work on my other options.
Toodles for a while till I get my head over this and figure out an strategy for next step.

Thanks pepto, you did take time for me and I appreciate that. I will take your advice and push as much as I can. Not that it really matters in the eyes of "law" and/or will be fruitful but just to show that I am not satisfied with what they are doing. I've been investing on this since last December (as all of us), following every news, feeling happy, anxious, etc all the way up to today.

Thanks everyone for their support, best of luck my fellows. I might have a break from this forum for a while. Wish all luck. Have a nice weekend with many good news for the week to follow.

And remember:
You can't beat the system.

P.S. Sorry for this wordy post. Please feel free (and in fact I ask) to give me ideas and ways of wording as I want to write a letter to CIO, a mild "legally coded" complaint letter. You can pm me. Thanks.

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
BTW - we have added 100 pages in less than a week, and everyone who is following this thread is reading every single post. A humble request to everyone - before clicking on Post, please ask yourself - Is this going to add any value to hundreds of followers? If yes go ahead and post it.