+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

irfanyusuf

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2013
AOR Received.
PER: July 25, 13
File Transfer...
2nd line to ECAS. Process started June 18th
Med's Done....
Sept 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2014
Thanks Prince for sharing about yours. Yes I was also thinking to send the CSE at least after 3-4 months from the date they receive my documentation package. Between best of luck for your interview, keep us all updated about the progress.

prince_of_darkness said:
It cant be predicted what will LVO do or when can it take an action.
I had added my spouse in my application and recently got an Interview call.
Though they will never send u any confirmation. If u have applied Via royal mail tracking then just track it. But as such LVO will not send any acknowledgement.
I raised a CSE after 4 months of sending the documents to which they replied that they have the documents.
Thats all

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
How to make yourself easily reachable to prospective Canadian employer

Hi guys,

I'm feeling very happy that my friends are getting their good news and that their nail-biting wait is not going in vain.

I have something to share here which I'm sure will benefit those who are looking to increase their reach-ability to prospective employers in Canada while still being in India their homeland (sorry if I was too country-centric. This apllies to all).
I do not want to jump to Canada until the time I'm at least able to line-up a couple of interviews during my (planned) initial 2 week stay in Canada in mid/end April'14. I can't simply quit my job and ask my wife to quit her job, book a flight in hurry, pack up half a dozen luggage bags and jump on-board. Simply can't jump the pit when I can't see the bottom - that's not my way of dealing with things ! I'm trying to make my visit a very 'fruitful visit' and I'm certainly not going on a costly picnic on a foreign land. Well, that's my thinking at least.

Thanks to Qorax, whom I've been following for almost a year now - silently reading his posts and juicing the extract in my head over those past months. (Not literally 'silently', I've been REPping him constantly!)

Ok, coming to the point now. I did some research on 'Canadian local contact number'.
Realizing that sitting seven oceans away I won't be getting a job or an interview call for that matter until I'm easily reachable by them. I needed to find a way to eliminate that restriction. I needed to have a local (Canadian) phone number where a prospective employer in Canada can contact me anytime or day of the week as if I'm staying in Canada. Buying a VoIP service is the first service that would hit the head of most people. But I'm not convinced for I need to have a data connection (Wifi/3G/LTE) on a phone, or sitting in front of a PC with Wifi on a scheduled time, or buying a VoIP desk-phone and be available on desk all the time. And these services might cost some $50 to $100 depending upon the plan.

I found a service provided by a Swedish company Sonetel (link: http://www.sonetel.com/en/) where I bought a Canadian number (with Toronto code 647) something like +1 647 xxx xxxx. There is no SIM card as this is a virtual number. If you dial at this number from anywhere on the world, the call would land on my Airtel number in India +91 98xxxxxx.
The benefit?
1) I do not need data connection.
2) I do not need to pre-schedule a call over chat or email. Call me up anytime of the day, any day of the week.
3) No connection glitches/ voice break due to lag or slow internet connection.
4) In India incoming is free so no Airtel charges.
5) For someone calling from Canada, it is a local call for them.
6) Costs $100. Just kidding man, it's as below;
One time number activation charges - $0.99
Monthly rental - $1.49
Per minute call charges - $0.01 (1 cent per minute)
Per minute call forwarding to my Indian number - $0.011 (1.1 cent per minute)
7) If you have a VoIP instrument, you only pay one time charges and monthly rent.
8.) If you buy premium account for $10, your outgoing to Canada desk and hand phone is free. Only the local carrier charges apply.
9) I can have as many as 60 extensions under the same number. Ex: 101 - Myself, 102 - Spouse, 103 - Father and so on.
10) Don't want the service next month, don't pay the rental. Surrender the number.

I recharged the account for $10 of which $2.48 went into activation and first month rental. The remaining credit is for my calling. That's the cheapest and glitch-less and anytime-call-me service I could find. This number is already on my Resume which is flashing on monster.ca and workopolis.com

Last but not least, thanks to Nehal Roy (from watsapp group) who helped me do the POC (Proof-of-Concept). He called me from his Skype Canadian number to my virtual Canadian number and I got call on my Airtel Indian number and talked for less than a minute. His voice was terrible since he was on 3G and moving in field. My account credit went down from $7.57 to $7.54 which is $0.03 per minute.
(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

Hope this will help you guys. Check the link if you want to avail of this service. http://www.sonetel.com/en/

And here's a good news, I got a call yesterday on that number from a consultant in New York who are hiring candidates for Holland Electronics, California. Bad news, I want to go to Canada not US, but that might change later. 8) 8)

Later - My research findings on "When to book a flight?"

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
sinestra said:
PM me your address and your fav. sweet..
You would need to open a sweet shop yourself to satisfy my hunger for sweets :p :p :p :p

SAP_BW said:
In that case I should have at least two box of sweet by now! ;)
:-[ :-[ :-[ Sorry Man. But I do not forget that. I would be glad if we can meet and I'll give you a grand party. Where are you based?

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Re: How to make yourself easily reachable to prospective Canadian employer

Adrenalineforu said:
Hi guys,

I'm feeling very happy that my friends are getting their good news and that their nail-biting wait is not going in vain.

I have something to share here which I'm sure will benefit those who are looking to increase their reach-ability to prospective employers in Canada while still being in India.
I do not want to jump to Canada until the time I'm at least able to line-up a couple of interviews during my (planned) initial 2 week stay in Canada in mid/end April'14. I can't simply quit my job and ask my wife to quit her job, book a flight in hurry, pack up half a dozen luggage bags and jump on-board. Simply can't jump the pit when I can't see the bottom - that's not my way of dealing with things ! I'm trying to make my visit a very 'fruitful visit' and I'm certainly not going on a costly picnic on a foreign land. Well, that's my thinking at least.

Thanks to Qorax, whom I've been following for almost a year now - silently reading his posts and juicing the extract in my head over those past months. (Not literally 'silently', I've been REPping him constantly!)

Ok, coming to the point now. I did some research on 'Canadian local contact number'.
Realizing that sitting seven oceans away I won't be getting a job or an interview call for that matter until I'm easily reachable by them. I needed to find a way to eliminate that restriction. I needed to have a local (Canadian) phone number where a prospective employer in Canada can contact me anytime or day of the week as if I'm staying in Canada. Buying a VoIP service is the first service that would hit the head of most people. But I'm not convinced for I need to have a data connection (Wifi/3G/LTE) on a phone, or sitting in front of a PC with Wifi on a scheduled time, or buying a VoIP desk-phone and be available on desk all the time. And these services might cost some $50 to $100 depending upon the plan.

I found a service provided by a Swedish company Sonetel (link: http://www.sonetel.com/en/) where I bought a Canadian number (with Toronto code 647) something like +1 647 xxx xxxx. There is no SIM card as this is a virtual number. If you dial at this number from anywhere on the world, the call would land on my Airtel number in India +91 98xxxxxx.
The benefit?
2) I do not need to pre-schedule a call over chat or email. Call me up anytime of the day, any day of the week.
Monthly rental - $1.49
7) If you have a VoIP instrument, you only pay one time charges and monthly rent.
8.) If you buy premium account for $10, your outgoing to Canada desk and hand phone is free. Only the local carrier charges apply.
9) I can have as many as 60 extensions under the same number. Ex: 101 - Myself, 102 - Spouse, 103 - Father and so on.
10) Don't want the service next month, don't pay the rental. Surrender the number.

I recharged the account for $10 of which $1.48 went into activation and first month rental. The remaining credit is for my calling. That'e the cheapest and glitch-less and anytime-call-me service I could find. This number is already on my Resume which is flashing on monster.ca and workopolis.com

Last but not least, thanks to Nehal Roy (from watsapp group) who helped me do the POC (Proof-of-Concept). He called me from his Skype Canadian number to my virtual Canadian number and I got call on my Airtel Indian number and talked for less than a minute. His voice was terrible since he was on 3G and moving in field. My account credit went down from $7.57 to $7.54 which is $0.03 per minute.
(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

Hope this will help you guys. Check the link if you want to avail of this service. http://www.sonetel.com/en/

And here's a good news, I got a call yesterday on that number from a consultant in New York who are hiring candidates for Holland Electronics, California. Bad news, I want to go to Canada not US, but that might change later. 8) 8)

Wow.. I didn't know that was possible. Bookmarked this URL. The concept is too good.

nikjuneja

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013 CC Charged...: 1-Aug-2013 PER Received...: 12-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013 ECAS update...: 23-Feb-2014 (processing started on 21-Feb-2014)..
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014 PPT rcvd by NDVO: 04-03-2014 ECAS update : 09-03-2014(Medicals rcvd) DD encashed: 12-Mar-2014 Decision Made: 30-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Collected passports from VFS on 3-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
[color=green][b] 17th July 2014
I got something to say...
thanks a ton to got my family nd all my frnds here

thanks for all ur prayers...

special thanks to husman .three star ..bhfsw2013...

got ecas updated.. processing started on 20th feb.

admins plz change my color....

all the best to everyone waiting here ..

trust me everyone here will get dm for sure....

Allspark

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2013, PER: 26-O8-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
03-12-2013, submitted 17-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM:15-02-2014, VISA ISSUE :12-02-2014
LANDED..........
March 2014

Adrenalineforu said:
Hi guys,

I have something to share here which I'm sure will benefit those who are looking to increase their reach-ability to prospective employers in Canada while still being in India.

The benefit?
Monthly rental - $1.49

I recharged the account for $10 of which $1.48 went into activation and first month rental. The remaining credit is for my calling. That'e the cheapest and glitch-less and anytime-call-me service I could find. This number is already on my Resume which is flashing on monster.ca and workopolis.com

(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

keep 'em coming, qorax junior.. :D

gogreen

Jul 17, 2013

Adrenalineforu said:
Hi guys,

The benefit?
Monthly rental - $1.49

(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

This is really good stuff , i will also go for this number now, I am getting calls from Consultant but they all want me to be physically present over there.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
Thank you buddies. I can save you $10 (maximum) on your first recharge if I refer you to that service. I'll just need your email ID.

Here's the quote from site;
TELL A FRIEND ABOUT SONETEL
You get 10% of what they spend during 1 year
Your share is added to your Sonetel pre-paid account

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014

Adrenalineforu said:
Hi guys,

The benefit?
Monthly rental - $1.49

I recharged the account for $10 of which $2.48 went into activation and first month rental. The remaining credit is for my calling. That'e the cheapest and glitch-less and anytime-call-me service I could find. This number is already on my Resume which is flashing on monster.ca and workopolis.com

(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

Superb! Commendable research ! Truly helpful ! +1

anustays

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Abu Hassaan said:
Anustays,

First of all, I am really sad to know your case; it is only because of your consultant.

Since you applied in July and your application reached on July 4th, based on the spreadsheet of forum members, your credit card should have been charged in October 2013. If your credit card was active until November 2013 and it wasn't charged by CIC, then most probably, your application has been found incomplete by CIC and it should have been returned.

I think, your consultant is playing with you since they should have already recieved your application with a letter stating why your application is being returned. If your imcomplete application was submitted due to the mistake of consultant he would never want you to know that, otherwise you could claim your fee back which you paid to consultant for filing your case. Most importantly, if you are using a registered & professional consultant, then he/she should have clear idea in January 2014 that there is no use to resend the payment form with new credit card details as 2132 CAP was already filled back in August 2013. I think, you have to dig out your consultant.

Since your credit card hasn't been charged and you didn't recieve PER from CIC, therefore consider your first application as null and void. You can send another fresh application for an open NOC but you have to provide original IELTS result and original ECA report. Try to do it on your own this time, because I don't think that your consultant is professional and sincere with applicants.

Good luck for the next application.
Thanks abuhassan for responding to my query..
My credit card was deactivated sometime in october n till then, my file had not been returned.
So I was thinking it this way that sometimes DD sent by the applicant also gets expired and cic ppl atleast rspond to it n ask for a dd as i know.
So in my case the method of payment varies but they could ask for the new credit card details.
Anyways my file was also not returned till now. thats y i was expecting some response from cic.
N then finally if i arrange for another case to be filed with a different noc, wouldn't it be treated as a duplicate one or a misapproprate kind of thing from my side? I can file the case in a week from now.
But then, i am afraid, would it be all right to do this?
as my earlier case file package status is not known at all.
can some link from cic or something like that help in this case?
duplicate ielts n wes reports can be asked for.
N one more thing, GCMS notes can be of help or not as i read that u can ask for them without any file no with ur full name, vo, and date of birth details... plz suggest..
Thanks

SAP_BW

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 24 2013
AOR Received.
October 14 2013::Processing started 14 February 2014.
Med's Request
March 30 2014
Med's Done....
April 2 2014 / Medical received on April 12 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2014
LANDED..........
9th July 2014

Adrenalineforu said:
Hi guys,

+1 for this post.

May I share something in general here. I had hsmp visa earlier , I tried to find job the way you suggested...I used skype purchased number (UK local number) which transfer call to India. I didn't got call from UK ..doesn't mean the process which I opt or you have opt is/was wrong. The reason I didnt got call was my skill set. Nowadays I am working on SAP and I think I will get call from canada as there is requirement for sap professional. If I had same skills in past I guess I might have got many call from UK employer.

Your suggested plan will work surely only in case 1.candidate have specific skills which meet 100% with employer req. , 2. Employer is desperately looking for resources , 3. Employer is ok to hire without face to face interview. May be few who hire without face to face interview.

So addition is we should add skill set and certification to enable Canadian employer,this is golden time to learn and prepare to get job.

However this is good idea and process, but it may work for some noc and may work bit less for some noc.but always good to have this service , who knows..god may have plan better for us..offer before landing canada. It is certainly good idea to get couple of interview call and then land in canada. Get job there and resign in India pay notice period without coming back to India if this is possible!!

Thanks for bringing this info. I didn't know about sonetel.thanks.

SAP_BW

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 24 2013
AOR Received.
October 14 2013::Processing started 14 February 2014.
Med's Request
March 30 2014
Med's Done....
April 2 2014 / Medical received on April 12 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2014
LANDED..........
9th July 2014
Adrenalineforu said:
You would need to open a sweet shop yourself to satisfy my hunger for sweets :p :p :p :p
:-[ :-[ :-[ Sorry Man. But I do not forget that. I would be glad if we can meet and I'll give you a grand party. Where are you based?
I am in Hyderabad mate! And please no sorry in friendship. We all will certainly meet in India or definitely in canada. We will arrange one getogether there!

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
Hello Rawdah,

Did u get my reply? plz check inbox.

Thanks

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14

SAP_BW said:
+1 for this post.

May I share something in general here. I had hsmp visa earlier , I tried to find job the way you suggested...I used skype purchased number (UK local number) which transfer call to India. I didn't got call from UK ..doesn't mean the process which I opt or you have opt is/was wrong. The reason I didnt got call was my skill set. Nowadays I am working on SAP and I think I will get call from canada as there is requirement for sap professional. If I had same skills in past I guess I might have got many call from UK employer.

Your suggested plan will work surely only in case 1.candidate have specific skills which meet 100% with employer req. , 2. Employer is desperately looking for resources , 3. Employer is ok to hire without face to face interview. May be few who hire without face to face interview.

So addition is we should add skill set and certification to enable Canadian employer,this is golden time to learn and prepare to get job.

However this is good idea and process, but it may work for some noc and may work bit less for some noc.but always good to have this service , who knows..god may have plan better for us..offer before landing canada. It is certainly good idea to get couple of interview call and then land in canada. Get job there and resign in India pay notice period without coming back to India if this is possible!!

Thanks for bringing this info. I didn't know about sonetel.thanks.
SAP-BW, I'm not expecting the employer to hire me without a face-2-face interview. What I just want is he calls at that number without much hesitation and that I can fix up a F2F interview during my visit in April or sometime when he/she wants. That's it. Still better than not having any local contact number at all.

What you state are another points of consideration in the job-finding procedure. Regarding having relevant/add-on certifications to find a job, it is another bullet point on "how to make yourself more reachable or find a job?" which has already been discussed by Qorax. I did not want to restate them.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
SAP_BW said:
I am in Hyderabad mate! And please no sorry in friendship. We all will certainly meet in India or definitely in canada. We will arrange one getogether there!
Don't worry. You can't run from me even if you want. I WILL FIND YOU. ;) ;) AND TREAT YOU WELL :-* :-*