+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Phine_ay

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-09-2013
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
02-10-2014; Decision Made: 17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2014
swissfswp said:
Hello
I have done medicals and am waiting for the COPR.
What does a emailed COPR look like? Can anyone show a sample (anonymised) ?
And when landing in Canada, can I start my journey from Italy and fly to Canada via Newark, or must I fly directly from Italy to Canada non-stop?
Thanks for any advice
Hey swissfswp, you do not have to travel directly to Canada (Direct flights are a bit costlier). You can transit i.e. land in a country and then fly to Canada. But you must check the transit country whether it demands transit visas from citizens of your country/passport you are holding. I know that US demands transit visas for some countries, so you really have to have the visa before you can land/transit there.
Best of luck

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
amanroop said:

Hi Vats.. Hope you can advise on this.. it looks,others are busy right now ::)
Hi Amanroop.

I too had my Passport renewed after application.

As per CIC's instructions, passport renewal doesn't need their attention. I am sure you have your old and new passports now. When you send it for Passport submission, send both old and new copies and if you want, you can mention the renewal of passport in your cover letter.

CIC or NDVO does not care about passport renewal till you have the old passport number printed in new one and you submit both old and new passports.

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
amanroop said:

Aman, I was advised by my Canadian lawyer this way and if you read the PER letter, the reasons where CIC ask for their attention are like change of address, job, family composition etc. But there is no passport renewal listed in these events.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hi
I think you got so many advise

pl send photo copies(not attested) of both passport(old and new), cover letter to NDVO
in cover letter mention all your details like file number, uci etc

amanroop said:

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devkis,

You son donesn't require PR visa to be stamped on his passport being citizen of visa exempt country. You wouldn't need to submit his passport to NDVO for visa stamping.

devkis said:
Hi guys...need your advice

My son is a US citizen by birth and holds a valid US passport. His passport will expire exactly in a year from now. Would it be advisable to go for his passport renewal now. The concerns I have are as follows;

1. I don't have MR yet and not sure when will it come.
2. Passport renewal may take time. if MR/ PPR comes in between, it will hold-up the process.
3. If MR comes after passport renewal, I will have to inform NDVO. This may delay the process.
4. If i don't renew the passport until the PP gets stamped (whenever that happens), I fear that I may not have enough time on my son's passport as may be required by CHC. Not sure what will happen then.

Any help that can bring clarity to my thoughts is much appreciated. Thanks.

Another doubt I have is will my son need a PR to enter Canada owing to his US citizenship?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amanroop,

Submit copies of new passports along with cover letter to NDVO through web form.

amanroop said:

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
devkis said:
Hi guys...need your advice

My son is a US citizen by birth and holds a valid US passport. His passport will expire exactly in a year from now. Would it be advisable to go for his passport renewal now. The concerns I have are as follows;

1. I don't have MR yet and not sure when will it come. -
2. Passport renewal may take time. if MR/ PPR comes in between, it will hold-up the process. -
3. If MR comes after passport renewal, I will have to inform NDVO. This may delay the process.
4. If i don't renew the passport until the PP gets stamped (whenever that happens), I fear that I may not have enough time on my son's passport as may be required by CHC. Not sure what will happen then.

Any help that can bring clarity to my thoughts is much appreciated. Thanks.

Another doubt I have is will my son need a PR to enter Canada owing to his US citizenship?
Sir

As far as my knowledge serves for medicals you need valid passport , passport takes 30 days for renewal , so you can do renewal at he time of getting your Visa.

Since you are 2013 applicant , I am sure that you will get MR by June-2014 , you are safe - Do not take un-necessary pressures.

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
swissfswp said:
Thanks Nova21
You need to get confirmation of landing laws of that particular country from your travel agent

kacanadasw

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-06-2013
Doc's Request.
11-7-2014
AOR Received.
PER 26-8-2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
WAITING
can_immi said:
Is LVO doing anything or they just counting papers in our files :eek:

Any update from LVO? Are they alive ?
LVO is sleeping

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
kacanadasw said:
LVO is sleeping

I am sure LVO is doing some serious work behind the scene. That could explain the reason why they have been quiet so far.

amanroop

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-13 PER Received..: Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
sachoudary said:
Hi just send photocopies with cover letter, no need to attest the passport copy. I updated my kids passport with cover letter only.
Thank you "sachoudary"

amanroop

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Javiya said:
Aman, I was advised by my Canadian lawyer this way and if you read the PER letter, the reasons where CIC ask for their attention are like change of address, job, family composition etc. But there is no passport renewal listed in these events.
Hi Javiya,

Thank you for your advice.. I'll share photocopies & a cover letter containing related details.

Regards.

amanroop

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Vats said:
Hi
I think you got so many advise

pl send photo copies(not attested) of both passport(old and new), cover letter to NDVO
in cover letter mention all your details like file number, uci etc
Copied.. will do the same.. Thank you!!

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
amanroop said:
Hi Guys,

Need your advise here..!!

Today i got renewed passports for me & my spouse. This need to be updated with NDVO, please confirm if sending attested copies of new passports will be fine along with related file details in cover letter? or any reference form should be filled along?

Regards,
Aman
Hi Aman,

There is no need to send the renewed passport to NDVO. It is not mentioned in AOR letter. NDVO just needs passport with more than 1 year validity while stamping Visa.
Even i got passport renewed for myself and my wife and have not updated the same to NDVO.

PR is not related to passport number. You need to update them in case you or your apouse change your name.

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Javiya said:
Hi Amanroop.

I too had my Passport renewed after application.

As per CIC's instructions, passport renewal doesn't need their attention. I am sure you have your old and new passports now. When you send it for Passport submission, send both old and new copies and if you want, you can mention the renewal of passport in your cover letter.

CIC or NDVO does not care about passport renewal till you have the old passport number printed in new one and you submit both old and new passports.

Hi Aman,

I agree with Javiya. You do not need to send renewed passport to NDVO. There is no need at this stage. Passport number is not mentioned on MR.
IF you send renewed passport than you should send the IMM008 forms again with new passport details.