+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luqi said:
what about the stickers you have provided in the package.
It is simple dear. Once a CAP is reached, they will just open the package but not the application (opening the application means go through the application page by page), take the address stickers out, put the whole chunck of forms/documents along with their letter into new envelop, paste the address sticker on the new envelop and send it back to the applicant.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
Abu Hassaan said:
It is simple dear. Once a CAP is reached, they will just open the package (opening the application means go through the application page by page), take the address stickers out, put the whole chunck of forms/documents along with their letter into new envelop, paste the address sticker on the new envelop and send it back to the applicant.
yes thats what i am thinking.

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abu Hassaan said:
You misunderstood it. If you apply under NOC cetegory, you write NOC category XXXX and don't write arranged employment category or PhD category. If someone has written all three categories using OR, then he/she has made a mistake. His/her application may get delayed and CIO may not know under which category to place this application unless they open it.
Look here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
they intentionally put 3 different postal labels there.

Why should anybody bother to alter them?
I didn't. I just copy/pasted and print it. And I am sure 99% of applicants did the same.
What about you?

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
celicakit said:
Guys I have a question, how will they count the number of years for work experience? For example, I am under NOC 3211 and I have worked as 3211 for 2 years, but my total work experience doing another NOC is 5 years. Will they count the work experience as per the NOC which I applied or will they count the total years of work experience regardless of what kind of work it is?
you will be awarded points only for the NOC related work experience for which you have applied.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
Clearly, eligibility review is a redundant exercise at VO since it'd already been done at CIO, NS. It's the background check that the VO must hold responsibility for applicant applying in their territory. Ideally, VO should take forward what CIO already shortlisted and handed over cause they are more adept at the applicant's residing geography, culture, system and language to most extent if not perfect. Redoing things over again will cause unnecessary delay. Such has been happening in Canada's Immigration system which, evidently, does not match up to those of Australia's or NZ's or other program around the world.

Guys, do not get juggled up trying to decode and co-relate 3 - 4 instructions under Canada's immigration program at the same time. They are specifically made too vague to fit any kind of mismanagement under their lose meanings and open ends. The more you dig into it, the more you get tossed away.

My gut feeling, there'll be no FSWP 2014. FSWP 2013 itself will close on 30th April 2014; when do u think they have time for FSWP'14 when they already have plans to announce EOI from 1st Jan 2015 and already a plentiful backlog?

Also, do not get bugged up by 'due date' as found in the GCMS notes. As I said, they are too vague and generic in nature. The program will essentially close in April 2014 with last visa/rejection under this program being offer around June-July at max.

My advice, think of this program as a 1 yr market linked investment plan. You invested money, now get back to your normal lives. You do not even have to wait to see what's happening. Things will take their turn in their fashion you cannot control. Once day, you will either have your docs returned to you or an email asking you for MR, PPR and RPRF. Do you have any third option you think you can handle?

Enjoy the festive season.

and yeah...don't kill your brain cell before landing mentally insane in Canada; that would be of no use to anyone. Save the bl00dy mother Earth for mother's sake.

celicakit

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Addt'l Docs: 13-03-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 25-11-2013
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Interview........
None
Hi luqi! thanks for answering my question. But I still have one query, do you think the evaluation for work experience will be based on the reference letter that I gave or through my employment contract? Because in my case, I have worked as a Medical Technologist NOC 3211 for total of 5 years, but in the initial contract that I signed, my position for the first two years was not as a Medical Technologist, but as a Phlebotomist. It's like in paper I am not a Med Tech but my actual work is as a Med Tech. And when I asked for reference letter they stated that I have worked as a Med Tech for total of 5 years. But what is written in my contract is contradicting to my reference letter.

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abu Hassaan said:
It is simple dear. Once a CAP is reached, they will just open the package but not the application (opening the application means go through the application page by page), take the address stickers out, put the whole chunck of forms/documents along with their letter into new envelop, paste the address sticker on the new envelop and send it back to the applicant.
That is perfectly logical. But logic is not what is they paid for. ;)

Why then it took 6 month for CIC to process only two and half thousands applications? Why it takes so much time for them just to count received packages and make timely count updates on their web-site of received packages, saving time and money for thousands of applicants?

I am not talking about many hours of work and hundreds of thousands dollars of taxpayers money wasted on postal fees when sending back applications received after CAP is reached.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Idima,

Whenever OR is used, you have to choose one option out of given. If you write NOC category only, deleting the other two, you didn't alter the address, you just clearly mention to the receiver under which category your application falls. If you review again on the same link you have pasted, they gave two different addresses for REGULAR MAIL. One address for NOC/arranged employment cateory and other address for PhD Category. If someone has sent through REGULAR MAIL, he should have wriiten NOC Cateogry deleting the arranged employment category so that the person receiving the application can place the application into right box without opening it.

I sent my application through courier just writting NOC category and deleting the other two.

idima said:
Look here, they intentionally put 3 different postal labels there.

Why should anybody bother to alter them?
I didn't. I just copy/pasted and print it. And I am sure 99% of applicants did the same.
What about you?

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
harryy said:
No luqi, this is not correct!!!
would you explain how i am wrong?

it is written clearly in the CIC website

"We will only process your FSW application if you have:

at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience
in a single occupation,
within the last 10 years,
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and you:
have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations,"

fmujeeb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013 PER : 10-07-2013
Well Said Adrenalineforu! You are absolutly right
Adrenalineforu said:
Clearly, eligibility review is a redundant exercise at VO since it'd already been done at CIO, NS. It's the background check that the VO must hold responsibility for applicant applying in their territory. Ideally, VO should take forward what CIO already shortlisted and handed over cause they are more adept at the applicant's residing geography, culture, system and language to most extent if not perfect. Redoing things over again will cause unnecessary delay. Such has been happening in Canada's Immigration system which, evidently, does not match up to those of Australia's or NZ's or other program around the world.

Guys, do not get juggled up trying to decode and co-relate 3 - 4 instructions under Canada's immigration program at the same time. They are specifically made too vague to fit any kind of mismanagement under their lose meanings and open ends. The more you dig into it, the more you get tossed away.

My gut feeling, there'll be no FSWP 2014. FSWP 2013 itself will close on 30th April 2014; when do u think they have time for FSWP'14 when they already have plans to announce EOI from 1st Jan 2015 and already a plentiful backlog?

Also, do not get bugged up by 'due date' as found in the GCMS notes. As I said, they are too vague and generic in nature. The program will essentially close in April 2014 with last visa/rejection under this program being offer around June-July at max.

My advice, think of this program as a 1 yr market linked investment plan. You invested money, now get back to your normal lives. You do not even have to wait to see what's happening. Things will take their turn in their fashion you cannot control. Once day, you will either have your docs returned to you or an email asking you for MR, PPR and RPRF. Do you have any third option you think you can handle?

Enjoy the festive season.

and yeah...don't kill your brain cell before landing mentally insane in Canada; that would be of no use to anyone. Save the bl00dy mother Earth for mother's sake.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
celicakit said:
Hi luqi! thanks for answering my question. But I still have one query, do you think the evaluation for work experience will be based on the reference letter that I gave or through my employment contract? Because in my case, I have worked as a Medical Technologist NOC 3211 for total of 5 years, but in the initial contract that I signed, my position for the first two years was not as a Medical Technologist, but as a Phlebotomist. It's like in paper I am not a Med Tech but my actual work is as a Med Tech. And when I asked for reference letter they stated that I have worked as a Med Tech for total of 5 years. But what is written in my contract is contradicting to my reference letter.
thats Ok, whatever your designation may be, your job duties must match with the NOC you have applied for. and contract letter are supporting documents, reference letter is everything.

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abu Hassaan said:
Dear Idima,

Whenever OR is used, you have to choose one option out of given. If you write NOC category only, deleting the other two, you didn't alter the address, you just clearly mention to the receiver under which category your application falls. If you review again on the same link you have pasted, they gave two different addresses for REGULAR MAIL. One address for NOC/arranged employment cateory and other address for PhD Category. If someone has sent through REGULAR MAIL, he should have wriiten NOC Cateogry deleting the arranged employment category so that the person receiving the application can place the application into right box without opening it.

I sent my application through courier just writting NOC category and deleting the other two.
Check the link I provided
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

They provided 3 (three) different postal stickers. Ready for print out. Not just an address.
Specifically stating which one should be used for which stream.
And there must be a reason for that. Don't you think?

I understand you point and logic, and agree with you, but the way they presented their instructions is highly confusing for applicants. And I am sure that most of them used these stickers and printed them out as they are.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
Work Experience -

At least 1 yr of exp. in your applying NOC in the last 10 yrs - makes you eligible for applying under FSWP 2013 (one of the eligibility factors)
Years of past experience (NOC or Non-NOC) - buys you points as per operational guidelines.

Postal address -

There are two bins.
Bin 1 - Applications with NOC category (such as 2147) and those with arranged employment goes into this.
Bin 2 - Applications with PhD category goes into this.

So that means, YEP, CIC will open all applications mentioning 'NOC Category with Arranged Employment Category' mentioned on envelop even after CAP hitting the ceiling to process those applications. If there were no supporting job offer document inside and no tick on Point 11 on checklist, the application will be returned. A UCI may or may not be assigned. For applications with only 'NOC category' mentioned on it will not be opened after CAP hit and will be returned stating 'CAP has been reached'. UCI will not be assigned.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not confusing for me at least. First two stickers are for Regular Mail and third sticker is for Courier.

For Regular Mail, there are two addresses (first & second stickers), one address (first sticker) for NOC and Arranged Employment Categories and second address (second sticker) for PhD Category. If someone is sending through Regular Mail, he/she will write NOC category only using first stciker.

For Courier, there is only one address (third sticker) given for all categories. If someone is sending through courier, he/she will write NOC category only on the package.

If you read carefully again, you will see a NOTE just above the third sticker. This NOTE says, "On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying", which means that you have to write one category only under which you are applying.

I hope this will help.

idima said:
Check the link I provided

They provided 3 (three) different postal stickers. Ready for print out. Not just an address.
Specifically stating which one should be used for which stream.
And there must be a reason for that. Don't you think?

I understand you point and logic, and agree with you, but the way they presented their instructions is highly confusing for applicants. And I am sure that most of them used these stickers and printed them out as they are.