Med's Done....
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-2-2014
Rahul Dutta said:
Congartulations :)
Wish you a successful life ahead in Canada :)

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
OmMona said:
Congartulations :)
Wish you a successful life ahead in Canada :)
Thanks a lot.. OmMona..

Actually I am scared

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
E-CAS status changed to "Decision Made".
so next ten days I should receive my passports back. Grin

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
[size=10pt]Obtaining Canadian Citizenship May Soon Become Harder[/size]

Below is a brief outline of the proposed changes, as well as important information for current and future citizenship applicants:

1.Speed up processing times by reducing the application review process from three steps to one step;
2.Increase the citizenship application fee from $100 to $300 per person;
3.Require up-front proof of certain requirements; and
4.Change certain parts of the judicial review and appeal process as well as the process for issuing discretionary grants.
5.Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years;
6.No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent residents (such as student or worker) towards the residency requirements for a citizenship application;
7.Require citizenship applicants to declare their intent to reside in Canada;
8.Require applicants to file Canadian income taxes, only if required to file;
9.Expand the age group for applicants required to demonstrate language proficiency and take a knowledge test. The group is currently 18-54, and will be expanded to 14-64; and
10.Fast-track citizenship applications for permanent residents who join the Canadian Armed Forces;

Rahul Dutta

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
oh, #5 is quite long...

Rahul Dutta said:
[size=10pt]Obtaining Canadian Citizenship May Soon Become Harder[/size]

Below is a brief outline of the proposed changes, as well as important information for current and future citizenship applicants:

1.Speed up processing times by reducing the application review process from three steps to one step;
2.Increase the citizenship application fee from $100 to $300 per person;
3.Require up-front proof of certain requirements; and
4.Change certain parts of the judicial review and appeal process as well as the process for issuing discretionary grants.
5.Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years;
6.No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent residents (such as student or worker) towards the residency requirements for a citizenship application;
7.Require citizenship applicants to declare their intent to reside in Canada;
8.Require applicants to file Canadian income taxes, only if required to file;
9.Expand the age group for applicants required to demonstrate language proficiency and take a knowledge test. The group is currently 18-54, and will be expanded to 14-64; and
10.Fast-track citizenship applications for permanent residents who join the Canadian Armed Forces;

Rahul Dutta

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Abu Hassaan said:
Congratulation Rahul.
Dear Abu Hassaan,

I hope that you will be alright. I am a pakistani residing in UAE and need some help regarding canadian immigration process.
Would you like to share your contact details(email) so i can ask few questions since you seem to have applied recently under the new immigration rules.
I wanna apply under NOC-2147 category and preparing docs regarding that, need to clear some confusions urgently.

Hope to hear from you soon. Regards,

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
ak1 said:
Dear Abu Hassaan,

I hope that you will be alright. I am a pakistani residing in UAE and need some help regarding canadian immigration process.
Would you like to share your contact details(email) so i can ask few questions since you seem to have applied recently under the new immigration rules.
I wanna apply under NOC-2147 category and preparing docs regarding that, need to clear some confusions urgently.

Hope to hear from you soon. Regards,
Dear Brothers!!

I am a pakistani and new on this forum. Need some help regarding FSWP related queries.
I will be applying under NOC-2147.Completing the documents as per the Document checklist (IMM 5612) but below are some of the questions for which i need urgent reply. It would be so kind if friends who have already completed/ or in the process of completing under the latest FSWP rules can find some time to answer the below questions.

First 3 questions are regarding the Work Experience letter:
1) In the Document checklist (IMM 5612), it is mentioned that the total annual salary plus benefits for each position held should be mentioned in the experience letter , so I need to know, should the salary be written inside the experience letter or should a salary certificate be attached to it can fulfill the criteria aswell ? Also if the salary certificate is in other language then English (Arabic in my case) so should it be translated in english by a simple typing center or is there any requirement to use some authorized/registered translator for that?

2) The number of hours worked per week should be mentioned as “worked 40 hours/week as Computer Engineer” or can the words “on a full time basis as Computer Engineer” in the experience letter be mentioned?

3) There is a requirement of Additional Supporting documents alongwith experience letter which may include: copies of work contracts / copies of pay stubs etc. So for this requirement , I need to know does the salary certificate ONLY can fulfill this requirement here?

4) All document copies i.e (passport pages copies, degrees & transcripts copies, birth certificate and its English translation copies, national id card copy etc ) that are to be submitted to CIO and mentioned in the check list document should be attested by Notary Public OR should they be normal photocopies of the documents?

5) In order to show the funds to CIO, the bank statement to be presented to CIO should be for how much duration (months) ? Also since I am a single person so 11,115 $ Canadian funds limit should be maintained in the account continuously for how long (months) before submitting the bank statement with the application to CIO?

6) Since I am currently a resident of UAE since last almost 5 years , so does the “Proof of Admission” requirement mentioned at number 8 in documents checklist form applies to me? BTW, The visa office for both Pakistan and UAE is “London”, so I don't think it will be applied to me . Can anyone confirm ?

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Very good post by - Adrenalineforu

Hi guys,

I'm feeling very happy that my friends are getting their good news and that their nail-biting wait is not going in vain.

I have something to share here which I'm sure will benefit those who are looking to increase their reach-ability to prospective employers in Canada while still being in India their homeland (sorry if I was too country-centric. This apllies to all).
I do not want to jump to Canada until the time I'm at least able to line-up a couple of interviews during my (planned) initial 2 week stay in Canada in mid/end April'14. I can't simply quit my job and ask my wife to quit her job, book a flight in hurry, pack up half a dozen luggage bags and jump on-board. Simply can't jump the pit when I can't see the bottom - that's not my way of dealing with things ! I'm trying to make my visit a very 'fruitful visit' and I'm certainly not going on a costly picnic on a foreign land. Well, that's my thinking at least.

Thanks to Qorax, whom I've been following for almost a year now - silently reading his posts and juicing the extract in my head over those past months. (Not literally 'silently', I've been REPping him constantly!)

Ok, coming to the point now. I did some research on 'Canadian local contact number'.
Realizing that sitting seven oceans away I won't be getting a job or an interview call for that matter until I'm easily reachable by them. I needed to find a way to eliminate that restriction. I needed to have a local (Canadian) phone number where a prospective employer in Canada can contact me anytime or day of the week as if I'm staying in Canada. Buying a VoIP service is the first service that would hit the head of most people. But I'm not convinced for I need to have a data connection (Wifi/3G/LTE) on a phone, or sitting in front of a PC with Wifi on a scheduled time, or buying a VoIP desk-phone and be available on desk all the time. And these services might cost some $50 to $100 depending upon the plan.

I found a service provided by a Swedish company Sonetel (link: http://www.sonetel.com/en/) where I bought a Canadian number (with Toronto code 647) something like +1 647 xxx xxxx. There is no SIM card as this is a virtual number. If you dial at this number from anywhere on the world, the call would land on my Airtel number in India +91 98xxxxxx.
The benefit?
1) I do not need data connection.
2) I do not need to pre-schedule a call over chat or email. Call me up anytime of the day, any day of the week.
3) No connection glitches/ voice break due to lag or slow internet connection.
4) In India incoming is free so no Airtel charges.
5) For someone calling from Canada, it is a local call for them.
6) Costs $100. Just kidding man, it's as below;
One time number activation charges - $0.99
Monthly rental - $1.49
Per minute call charges - $0.01 (1 cent per minute)
Per minute call forwarding to my Indian number - $0.011 (1.1 cent per minute)
7) If you have a VoIP instrument, you only pay one time charges and monthly rent.
8.) If you buy premium account for $10, your outgoing to Canada desk and hand phone is free. Only the local carrier charges apply.
9) I can have as many as 60 extensions under the same number. Ex: 101 - Myself, 102 - Spouse, 103 - Father and so on.
10) Don't want the service next month, don't pay the rental. Surrender the number.

I recharged the account for $10 of which $2.48 went into activation and first month rental. The remaining credit is for my calling. That'e the cheapest and glitch-less and anytime-call-me service I could find. This number is already on my Resume which is flashing on monster.ca and workopolis.com

Last but not least, thanks to Nehal Roy (from watsapp group) who helped me do the POC (Proof-of-Concept). He called me from his Skype Canadian number to my virtual Canadian number and I got call on my Airtel Indian number and talked for less than a minute. His voice was terrible since he was on 3G and moving in field. My account credit went down from $7.57 to $7.54 which is $0.03 per minute.
(USD 0.03 = INR 1.86)

Hope this will help you guys. Check the link if you want to avail of this service. http://www.sonetel.com/en/

And here's a good news, I got a call yesterday on that number from a consultant in New York who are hiring candidates for Holland Electronics, California. Bad news, I want to go to Canada not US, but that might change later. Cool Cool

Later - My research findings on "When to book a flight?"

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
I'm sure many of you must have gone through resume building tips by Qorax. If not, then visiting his posts is a must.

There are somethings I understood myself and added up in my Resume which were not discussed anywhere. My 2 cents.

- In the highlights section, mention one bullet point such as this.
Holding a Canada PR visa and planning to visit during 'this' period and why you want to work in Canada.

- In the Education section, mention something like this;
WES evaluation of Indian Bachelor's Degree – Equivalent to Canadian 4 year Bachelor's Degree
Document ref # xxxxxx/abc, dated xxxx, 20xx, provider - World Education Services

- Build a small section towards the end of CV and provide some details about your PR details.
• PR visa & CoPR Issued – xxxx
• Occupation code – xxx, Category – xxxx
• Place of landing – abc
• Preferred place of service - Toronto, Ontario, however open to work anywhere
• Accompanying Spouse (also holds PR visa). Works with xxx, India as xxxx

Get a WES evaulation for your spouse's qualification as well for their Resume.

The Canadian reader would feel much more comfortable with you when he knows these thing.

sachin06

Feb 22, 2014
Hi,

Great to see UAE thread!

Me & Wife are both PR card holders & are planning to migrate to Toronto, Canada by April 2014. My daughter was born in September 2013 in India & we have got her V-1 visa (2 years multiple entry) approved so that we can take her along with us to Canada in April 2014. We then intend to sponsor her PR. My questions are:

1) Is the V-1 visa (visitor visa) same as TRV visa?
2) How long can my daughter stay in Canada on this visa at a stretch?
3) Would it be possible to get an extension on this visa, if required?
4) How long would it take to get my daughter's PR
5) How easy/difficult it is to obtain an infant's PR if both the parents are PR card holders & are in Canada.

Thanks in advance!

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ak1 said:
Dear Brothers!!

I am a pakistani and new on this forum. Need some help regarding FSWP related queries.
I will be applying under NOC-2147.Completing the documents as per the Document checklist (IMM 5612) but below are some of the questions for which i need urgent reply. It would be so kind if friends who have already completed/ or in the process of completing under the latest FSWP rules can find some time to answer the below questions.

First 3 questions are regarding the Work Experience letter:
1) In the Document checklist (IMM 5612), it is mentioned that the total annual salary plus benefits for each position held should be mentioned in the experience letter , so I need to know, should the salary be written inside the experience letter or should a salary certificate be attached to it can fulfill the criteria aswell ? Also if the salary certificate is in other language then English (Arabic in my case) so should it be translated in english by a simple typing center or is there any requirement to use some authorized/registered translator for that?

2) The number of hours worked per week should be mentioned as “worked 40 hours/week as Computer Engineer” or can the words “on a full time basis as Computer Engineer” in the experience letter be mentioned?

3) There is a requirement of Additional Supporting documents alongwith experience letter which may include: copies of work contracts / copies of pay stubs etc. So for this requirement , I need to know does the salary certificate ONLY can fulfill this requirement here?

4) All document copies i.e (passport pages copies, degrees & transcripts copies, birth certificate and its English translation copies, national id card copy etc ) that are to be submitted to CIO and mentioned in the check list document should be attested by Notary Public OR should they be normal photocopies of the documents?

5) In order to show the funds to CIO, the bank statement to be presented to CIO should be for how much duration (months) ? Also since I am a single person so 11,115 $ Canadian funds limit should be maintained in the account continuously for how long (months) before submitting the bank statement with the application to CIO?

6) Since I am currently a resident of UAE since last almost 5 years , so does the “Proof of Admission” requirement mentioned at number 8 in documents checklist form applies to me? BTW, The visa office for both Pakistan and UAE is “London”, so I don't think it will be applied to me . Can anyone confirm ?
I Hope you are applying under NOC 2281 as NOC 2147 is not eligible under FSW1.

1- Salary can be mentioned in the exp letter or pay slips can be attached. If its in Arabic it should be translated and notarized by a notary public.
2- The words 'Full time' is sufficient.
3- No. Include copies of employment contracts as well.
4- Normal Photocopies. Attestation is not required.
5- It is recommended that the bank statement be of at least 3 months so that you can highlight your savings.
6- That should not apply to you. Just include a copy of your UAE Worker VISA Page and you should be fine. LVO is your VO.

S7

Jun 10, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application sent on 02 MAY 2014 Received at CIO on 08 May 2014 CC Charged on 9 July 2014 PER 19 AUG 2014 RPRF 8 April 2015
Med's Request
09 April 2015
Med's Done....
11 April 2015
Interview........
24 Mrch2015 Abu Dhabi
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2015 - Passport sent - 5th May 2015 - Passport returned 21 May 2015
LANDED..........
Landed 10 Aug 2015
Glad to see this thread.... I got PER and i guess i have 12 months a head of waiting.... It will be nice if you guys update this thread and share