App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Absolutely, I'm confident in my husband he is poised but as for me I get nervous with any situation like that. Im ridiculous in a job interview so I think I would just hinder the entire thing
If they should call you, don't think of it as something like a job interview that you can blow. They simply want to know more about your relationship. To me, I want to tell them all I can about our relationship. 10 pages of proof of evidence and 20 photos can't do our relationship justice. My partner and I have been together since 2012, so what I included in the application only gives a brief snapshot of our relationship. I'm sure you have much more to tell the IO's/interviewers about your relationship than what they see on paper in your application.

Reactions: Susieq

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
If they should call you, don't think of it as something like a job interview that you can blow. They simply want to know more about your relationship. To me, I want to tell them all I can about our relationship. 10 pages of proof of evidence and 20 photos can't do our relationship justice. My partner and I have been together since 2012, so what I included in the application only gives a brief snapshot of our relationship. I'm sure you have much more to tell the IO's/interviewers about your relationship than what they see on paper in your application.
You're right, I'm stressing because like I've said before we have spent only one week together physically in 2 yrs and 8 months. Our relationship is genuine and it's a lifetime commitment that we made to each other. I'm worried how the officer will see it. We don' have more proof only our video chats and our Facebook

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
You're right, I'm stressing because like I've said before we have spent only one week together physically in 2 yrs and 8 months. Our relationship is genuine and it's a lifetime commitment that we made to each other. I'm worried how the officer will see it. We don' have more proof only our video chats and our Facebook
You can only present to them whatever evidence you have and hope they sympathize with you being so far away and not being able to visit. Perhaps you can also really emphasize that you both share the same faith which really stresses a lifetime commitment between spouses.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
You can only present to them whatever evidence you have and hope they sympathize with you being so far away and not being able to visit. Perhaps you can also really emphasize that you both share the same faith which really stresses a lifetime commitment between spouses.
Most definitely our faith plays a major role in our lives and for sure we will stress that. Your comment actually calmed me down. Sometimes reading the forums can cause more stress

Reactions: majesty

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Most definitely our faith plays a major role in our lives and for sure we will stress that. Your comment actually calmed me down. Sometimes reading the forums can cause more stress
I agree! Self-care during this process includes being careful about what things we find to stress us out on this forum!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I've certainly learned a lot more by reading all the posts here on this forum, but as you said, it can also be detrimental sometimes in that it makes you overanalyze everything and get paranoid. I think you do have to kind of step back sometimes and try not to feed into the paranoia you feel as it is very easy to overreact about what might happen, because people often post about the negative aspects of everything that happens with this whole process and yes there is a lot of bad stuff you can dwell on. However, in the end you have to figure out how to take this information and use it to figure out what is good for your own situation. Sometimes I just had to take a break from here and forget about it ... difficult to do when you are still waiting and wondering what is going on with your own timeline in processing.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I've certainly learned a lot more by reading all the posts here on this forum, but as you said, it can also be detrimental sometimes in that it makes you overanalyze everything and get paranoid. I think you do have to kind of step back sometimes and try not to feed into the paranoia you feel as it is very easy to overreact about what might happen, because people often post about the negative aspects of everything that happens with this whole process and yes there is a lot of bad stuff you can dwell on. However, in the end you have to figure out how to take this information and use it to figure out what is good for your own situation. Sometimes I just had to take a break from here and forget about it ... difficult to do when you are still waiting and wondering what is going on with your own timeline in processing.
So true, everyone's process is different and we just have to take things with a grain of salt. We just have to have faith that all will work out well.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
So true, everyone's process is different and we just have to take things with a grain of salt. We just have to have faith that all will work out well.
The ultimate key to this whole process is patience. This is something I am running out of, but have to keep it up as I have no choice!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I have not seen the initials DD before. Last officer who worked on our file was a Desiree Pachkowski.

When is 3 Kings day in January?

I hope you hear something before they take their break in December!
thats also the last officer who work on our file. We will request the notes again end of Dec. I have a bad felling about the last update that i saw on the eCAS.:(

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
thats also the last officer who work on our file. We will request the notes again end of Dec. I have a bad felling about the last update that i saw on the eCAS.:(
Try to find out what your letter says first before panicking! It might not be as bad as you think!

I don't know who has our file now and what they are doing with it .... probably nothing as Christmas break is just around the corner. I ordered notes again last week as we are in queue for the interview. I hope they won't be delayed because I ordered through Privacy Act (which they said I could not do but also said they couldn't read some part of the consent form). I ordered through ATIP also with the same consent form. They might ask for another consent form next week which might cause a delay in getting the notes (we used the same one as with the request through Privacy Act). I ordered through both because I was doing an experiment to see if they would send us the notes for free through Privacy Act and they won't as my partner is outside of Canada. I won't know until the middle of January why they want to interview us (hopefully they will have a note on this).

Reactions: Aloaleja

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Try to find out what your letter says first before panicking! It might not be as bad as you think!

I don't know who has our file now and what they are doing with it .... probably nothing as Christmas break is just around the corner. I ordered notes again last week as we are in queue for the interview. I hope they won't be delayed because I ordered through Privacy Act (which they said I could not do but also said they couldn't read some part of the consent form). I ordered through ATIP also with the same consent form. They might ask for another consent form next week which might cause a delay in getting the notes (we used the same one as with the request through Privacy Act). I ordered through both because I was doing an experiment to see if they would send us the notes for free through Privacy Act and they won't as my partner is outside of Canada. I won't know until the middle of January why they want to interview us (hopefully they will have a note on this).
I really hope is bot bad news. i'll wait and see what the letter says. i'll keep you posted.