+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
So PHAC stated you could go home and quarantine whilst you were waiting for the covid test result?
Yup coz I requested for a room change, which was denied. I was asked to leave home or try a 2nd hotel after payment. Also no refunds from the 1st hotel whatsoever. So the idea here is, if you paid for the hotel under GAA, then covid is contained automatically

Reactions: Prabhat Singh

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Yup coz I requested for a room change, which was denied. I was asked to leave home or try a 2nd hotel after payment. Also no refunds from the 1st hotel whatsoever. So the idea here is, if you paid for the hotel under GAA, then covid is contained automatically
How long is this hotel quarantine thingy gonna last??I'll be arriving by September.Any chances that hotel quarantine would end by August/September?Seriously don't wanna pay that kind of money for 3 day quarantine.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
How long is this hotel quarantine thingy gonna last??I'll be arriving by September.Any chances that hotel quarantine would end by August/September?Seriously don't wanna pay that kind of money for 3 day quarantine.
Things change every week. I follow news very closely, seems they are adding more hotels to the list, which is bad news. But September is a long time from now. The irony is most of these new hotels don't even offer shuttle service, so you are forced to take a taxi, which itself kills the very purpose of this hotel drama :rolleyes:

Feb 22, 2021
Hi! my husband and I will arrive in Toronto on April 17th, and I've been comparing prices so that we can choose the "best" option for our 3-day hotel quarantine. So, based on your experiences, I'd want to know what hotel would you recommend me between the Alt Hotel Pearson Airport and the Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Thank you!!

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
They have a court hearing on 19th March. I don't know if anything is gonna come out of it but ill wait before booking a hotel.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Well I think this is totally misleading. Here are some statistics,

Between Feb 22 to Mar 06 (since the rule was implemented),

Total number of Positive COVID cases in Canada: 27,273
Total number of Positive COVID cases from Travelers (Both Air/Land): 267

So only 0.97% of COVID cases that were identified in this period were with travelers to Canada, which would have been still mitigated if the travelers were in a 14 day home quarantine. An important point to note, it is mandatory for almost every traveler to undergo testing. But it isn't mandatory for the general public to do so, hence the 27K number must be much higher. If someone follows news regularly they must know the fact that every strand of COVID known to mankind is already doing circles within Canada

Sources:

For Travelers: https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/03/12/travellers-covid-19-health-canada
For Canada: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/tracking-every-case-of-covid-19-in-canada-1.4852102 (Which is replicated to Worldometer)
COVID-19 pandemic went global primarily through air travel, if it wasn't for air travel then there wouldn't be COVID-19 in every corner other than Wuhan. The first wave started with patient zero in Wuhan and went all over in weeks even with strict measures. If a puny little variant can spread so fast then imagine a stronger and mutated variant. Better safe than sorry which is a wise policy as statistics can't predict uncertainties regarding a new wave of pandemic emergence. Statistically there was only one patient zero in Wuhan, unfortunately statistical probability calculations failed heeding to the case count back then and is still failing today where huge number of cases are sprouting and sustaining from no where.

Last edited:

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
COVID-19 pandemic went global primarily through air travel, if it wasn't for air travel then there wouldn't be COVID-19 in every corner other than Wuhan. The first wave started with patient zero in Wuhan and went all over in weeks even with strict measures. If a puny little variant can spread so fast then imagine a stronger and mutated variant. Better safe than sorry which is a wise policy as statistics can't predict uncertainties regarding a new wave of pandemic emergence. Statistically there was only one patient zero in Wuhan, unfortunately statistical probability calculations failed heeding to the case count back then and is still failing today where huge number of cases are sprouting and sustaining from no where.
Brilliant thought!

If these measures were taken in Feb 20, I would have personally thanked the govt for their efforts to contain a 'then' deadly virus

But during the 1st outbreak, all flights were allowed into Canada from all covid ridden countries such as US, France, Italy etc etc, that too without any basic measures for travellers arriving here. Pre-Arrival covid tests were mandated only late Jan 21. Now an year after by late Feb 21 this hotel quarantine rule is put in place. Feels like someone was napping a whole year

How is this even justified?

Last edited:
Reactions: ynandal99

Prabhat Singh

Aug 2, 2019
Lol true that. They do not care about quarantine. It's all about the money.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Does anyone know if we can still leave the hotel if they haven't received the result back on time? I gave my test on12th march at 4pm EST and its already been 48 hours, and I have to check out tomorrow. any suggestions on what i can do?
Did you get your results? When?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
It's not that easy, if you are planning next week then next month may be viable due to the technicalities involved and is purely based on luck/availability of rooms/tickets etc.
Really? My traveling back is Saturday March 27th, 2021. You mean I can't get a government approved hotel for Quarantine?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023