+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Yep, you are exempt from the 3 day hotel stay And the test, if you have tested positive in the past 14-90 days. Seems stupid to me but this whole thing has been such a mess little makes sense.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. Do we atleast have WIFI connectivity during the stay so that we can work on something ?
I stayed Hampton Inn next to Fairfield. They are the best. When came to hotel they gave me 6 waters 4 cokes 5 juices that 12am and i ask dinner where showed up 15mins later. One thing i had problem with them they forgot to provide lunch and dinner 2nd day but after i called them 10mins i got it. No complaint with anything else. I heard holiday inn no good.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I stayed Hampton Inn next to Fairfield. They are the best. When came to hotel they gave me 6 waters 4 cokes 5 juices that 12am and i ask dinner where showed up 15mins later. One thing i had problem with them they forgot to provide lunch and dinner 2nd day but after i called them 10mins i got it. No complaint with anything else. I heard holiday inn no good.
Thanks for the details. Any idea if they provide WIFI ?

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Sorry but it's really funny that we pay $300 per night and now we need to check if they provide us edible food, water and wifi...
I know this is punishment for all those snow-birds and we are just having bad luck got wrapped up with all those cost, but it's really ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: lj12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html

Seems like one can be exempted from a hotel stay, too:

Exemptions from hotel stopover
Travellers are exempt from the 3-night hotel stay if they’re:

Without seeing thee context of my reply can't comment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry to hear about your experience

Mine is totally different, As i write this, i am checking out of the hotel after receiving negative reports

We are given a menu everyday in morning about the food choices and time it will be delivered. The food is top notch, with extra water bottles, already had around 10-15 water bottles before we checked in. Food has been awesome, my kids loved mix of western and Indian food. Breakfast with Pancakes, k

As for price we are charged 2500 CAD for for a family of four, all amenities available, Can go out of hotel for a break to get fresh air/smoke

So far not a bad experience.
People are selecting the cheapest option and the complaining if they have to use the in room Keurig. You get what you pay for. The extra costs are likely to go into things like food.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it possible to share the 3 day quarantine with my friend who is travelling on same day ?
That would defeat the point of the quarantine. Either of you could infect each other by sharing a room. Only people travelling together and who will go into quarantine together after the 3 days can share a room.

patelshubh96

Mar 12, 2020

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
That would defeat the point of the quarantine. Either of you could infect each other by sharing a room. Only people travelling together and who will go into quarantine together after the 3 days can share a room.
So do you think if 2 friends (not family) travel together in 1 flight, can they quarantine together if they are together for whole 14 days?
(Share 1 room first 3 days, then move to and continue the rest 11 days at the same place, sharing same quarantine plan)
My friends ask me but I told them it's risky and depends on if your quarantine plan is accepted at the airport or not...
But if it's highly possible, it worth to try to reduce all the cost of 14 days.

Penina

Jul 23, 2020
So do you think if 2 friends (not family) travel together in 1 flight, can they quarantine together if they are together for whole 14 days?
(Share 1 room first 3 days, then move to and continue the rest 11 days at the same place, sharing same quarantine plan)
My friends ask me but I told them it's risky and depends on if your quarantine plan is accepted at the airport or not...
But if it's highly possible, it worth to try to reduce all the cost of 14 days.
Hi guys
Does anyone know when this 3 day mandatory quarantine gonna end?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys
When majority of Canadian are vaccinated, COVID cases are mangeable and the border restrictions are eased. Given it only start a few weeks ago, expect it to be in place for a while but there is no end date and one should not speculate a date.

Reactions: YVR123

maitri0603

Star Member
Dec 27, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi guys
To be honest, it will end when the Canadian government will recover from last year's losses. They have given 2000$ to people who lost jobs due to covid whole year in 2020. So probably it will last at least until the end of this year.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
To be honest, it will end when the Canadian government will recover from last year's losses. They have given 2000$ to people who lost jobs due to covid whole year in 2020. So probably it will last at least until the end of this year.
No this is not accurate. Total CERB payout was $74.08B to 8,899,170 applicants. So to recover billions of dollars from this current hotel quarantine scam is impossible. This must be the hotels lobbying government for business, in order to recover from their covid losses.

Now in order to recover the blindly lost CERB funds, the government will bring more innovative and elaborate scams in the form of tax hikes. Both my properties in GTA have seen about a 10% tax increase this year. Upon calling the city and questioning what's new that they are offering for the extra money, they just hang up

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If that's your argument, it will never end. The government is not getting the $2000 (which in most cases are lower than $2000), the hotel is getting paid to manage quaratine which many didn't do properly. (otherwise, they won't have to implement this)
btw CERB is way more than $2000.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
To be honest, all these conspiracy theories are pretty lame and are just cluttering the thread. These are as non-sensical and far-fetched as Flat Earth Society. The Canadian government is not hatching a conspiracy either to profit from this or the getting the hotels out of bankruptcy.

They won't go to such an extent for a few thousand dollars. Also, they won't make such an important policy to get an industry out of bankruptcy. Surely it will help the Hotels but it would be stupid to even think that the government will plan this whole quarantine for Hotels. There are other and more popular ways to do it.

At best this is an implementation failure of a potentially effective deterrent for people who don't take Covid and quarantine seriously. The government didn't think this through and is improving with every experience. Unfortunately, there is a lot of scope for improvement in this.

Please put some thought before claiming non-sensical theories. Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes people are just incompetent.