+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I have no dog in this fight. If it's allowed it's allowed. If the rule allows this then yeah go ahead. I am just saying that there are potential risks in sharing. It's easy to say a person will sanitize everytime. Eventually his/her guard can be down, and then they might infect the other person. But in that case even the earlier 14 days quarantine was fine if trust was the only factor here.

About the Covid test at entry, you're aware that Covid is usually detected after 4-5 days of being infected. So negative Covid test doesn't mean the person is not infected. Hence the 2nd test is needed. Meanwhile if people are sharing bathrooms and kitchens and lose focus, they will infect the other person.

It is an ethical problem. Personaly I was fine with the 14 day quarantine as well. I would have followed it religiously. But there are many who didn't hence we are in this position.
And there will also be a 3rd test at day 10 of quarantine of at the very end of quarantine. let's just say it is up to the officer do determine if the plan is suitable. regarding shared bathroom with one other person, i think it is fine and it's up to everyone how careful they will be.
but it nowhere says that you cannot use a bathroom with one other person.
otherwise they should or would have stated: MUST use a private bathroom while in quarantine after their hotel
There are just those 2 points:
  • can avoid contact with others who did not travel with you
  • can have a separate bedroom from those who did not travel with you
and there they could have added must have proof or must use a private bathroom. thanks for not freaking out at me and dealing with this in a professional manner! :)

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Personally, I will enter my German number into the ArriveCAN app and I'm letting the Canadian SIM card get shipped to my hotel's reception so I can edit the German number to Canadian. I just took a 25$ plan (incl. taxes around 28,xx) with 3 GB of mobile data. I will then upgrade to 7 or 10 GB once I'm out of quarantine. I did it with Rogers
Does the plan include any call time +/- SMS?

Taimoor rana

Feb 17, 2020
Hi Everyone!
I am trying to contact the booking officer via Skype, I used several Numbers including Gov. provided number, but not being able to connect, is it the same with everyone or anyone who is trying to connect right now. If someone has skype plz let me know or DM me need some information regarding the calling procedure to make sure I am not going wrong.

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Does the plan include any call time +/- SMS?
Yes, unlimited call time throughout whole Canada and unlimited SMS. The website is PhoneBox Mobile | Phone Plans on a Budget (gophonebox.com)

3 GB for 35$ and 7 GB for 45$. I had a promotion code, that's why I saved 10$ on my 35$ 3 GB plan. And the SIM card will be shipped directly to the hotel's reception on my arrival date. Even if you pay 35$ I think that's an okay offer for the start as you don't need too much mobile data during your hotel and quarantine stay. Hope that helps!

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
from what i see on Canadian local TV news, ppl got their test results on 2nd day. they were complaining of not getting refund for the 3rd day.
It depends on the hotel. Fairfield Inn offers a refund and that's where I'm thankfully staying

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Yes, unlimited call time throughout whole Canada and unlimited SMS. The website is PhoneBox Mobile | Phone Plans on a Budget (gophonebox.com)

3 GB for 35$ and 7 GB for 45$. I had a promotion code, that's why I saved 10$ on my 35$ 3 GB plan. And the SIM card will be shipped directly to the hotel's reception on my arrival date. Even if you pay 35$ I think that's an okay offer for the start as you don't need too much mobile data during your hotel and quarantine stay. Hope that helps!
Thanks, seems like a good deal, I'm sure it will help a lot of travellers

Reactions: ChileanGerman

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
And there will also be a 3rd test at day 10 of quarantine of at the very end of quarantine. let's just say it is up to the officer do determine if the plan is suitable. regarding shared bathroom with one other person, i think it is fine and it's up to everyone how careful they will be.
but it nowhere says that you cannot use a bathroom with one other person.
otherwise they should or would have stated: MUST use a private bathroom while in quarantine after their hotel
There are just those 2 points:
  • can avoid contact with others who did not travel with you
  • can have a separate bedroom from those who did not travel with you
and there they could have added must have proof or must use a private bathroom. thanks for not freaking out at me and dealing with this in a professional manner! :)
You are probably right. If its not so how the Alberta government allowing you to end quarantine once you have negative covid test after landing.

forsetee

Feb 12, 2021
Canada
Hi Everyone!
I am trying to contact the booking officer via Skype, I used several Numbers including Gov. provided number, but not being able to connect, is it the same with everyone or anyone who is trying to connect right now. If someone has skype plz let me know or DM me need some information regarding the calling procedure to make sure I am not going wrong.
Same here. Cant call Free number or paid number in canada.

varunpandya

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Just called on one of the numbers from the government’s website to book the 3 day quarantine. And they told me that they cannot book it for me since my flight doesn’t leave in the next 48 hours. Anybody have similar experience?
My flight’s on the 14th of March

Jolankan1

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
How long did you have to wait bro? And could you please provide which number you called on? Please?

Just called on one of the numbers from the government’s website to book the 3 day quarantine. And they told me that they cannot book it for me since my flight doesn’t leave in the next 48 hours. Anybody have similar experience?

Jolankan1

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
Did you use Skype?