+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I don’t think there are exemptions. The other pages have been updated and there is no mention of students being exempted.

The 1-800 is jokes. Hi this isn’t the 1980’s.

So many questions remain.
Cost, food choices, how to get to the hotel in the first place, what do you show immigration or your airline?

i can’t wait to see the reviews.
That's right. Too many questions remain...

They should have at least clarified that this is for ALL travelers. It says "travelers" but it's still way too foggy...

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html#a2

Mandatory hotel stay is only for people who travelled by air for non essential reason such as vacation. Also, travelling for study is considered essential provided the Uni is in DLI.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

I think students will not have to book hotels for the 3 day mandatory stay. Its still foggy as hell.
To such specific queries about students, IRCC is replying on twitter "All incoming travellers unless exempted are required to take the mandatory 3-day hotel quarantine". They are not saying anywhere that only non-essential are required to take the quarantine; only exempted and there is an exempted list as well. Automatically means students have to take the quarantine. Like it or not and both sides are justified in their rant, but this seems to be the truth.

Unless of course they clarify specifically like how they clarified about refugees today.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
I don’t think there are exemptions. The other pages have been updated and there is no mention of students being exempted.

The 1-800 is jokes. Hi this isn’t the 1980’s.

So many questions remain.
Cost, food choices, how to get to the hotel in the first place, what do you show immigration or your airline?

i can’t wait to see the reviews.
on the link given it's clearly mentioned

Costs of these hotel stopovers may vary by location. The price will include costs associated with the:

• food
  • room
  • security
  • transportation
  • infection prevention and control measures
Only thing i am confused about is cost of Covid Test at the airport and after 10 days.

Reactions: Ppun

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
on the link given it's clearly mentioned

Costs of these hotel stopovers may vary by location. The price will include costs associated with the:

• food
  • room
  • security
  • transportation
  • infection prevention and control measures
Only thing i am confused about is cost of Covid Test at the airport and after 10 days.
No, I get that but there are no details. Can I order a halal meal? Are their food choices? The Sheraton in Toronto is on the train link but like the Holiday Inn isn’t? So is the price cheaper for the Sheraton? What do you show immigration? You book by phone and then have to tell an agent your email address by phone and print something out? That will not go well for many. The exit is “contactless” but then how do they know you have tested negative? Truly no details. Try phoning the number it says it’s only available 8am to 11pm and after that it’s emergencies only. Mental.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
No, I get that but there are no details. Can I order a halal meal? Are their food choices? The Sheraton in Toronto is on the train link but like the Holiday Inn isn’t? So is the price cheaper for the Sheraton? What do you show immigration? You book by phone and then have to tell an agent your email address by phone and print something out? That will not go well for many. The exit is “contactless” but then how do they know you have tested negative? Truly no details. Try phoning the number it says it’s only available 8am to 11pm and after that it’s emergencies only. Mental.
About food read this article where they visited one of the sites in montreal. I think most food choices will be respected.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/take-a-look-inside-one-of-montreal-s-quarantine-hotels-for-international-travellers-1.5313695

They will provide transportation shuttles to and from the airport. I think answer to rest of the questions will be available once we get to speak to an agent on that number. Lets wait and whoever gets through the number first and gets all these queries answered, please post here.

Reactions: j8naid

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
They also haven't confirmed if the 2000 cost is per traveler, like if you're a couple staying in the same room, it makes no sense.
whole process was a complete failure. I'll come with a wife and a small kid ( no need for him to take pcr since very young). It would be crazy if I had to pay the same amount for each of them. I think there will extra costs but not like each person gets to pay 2000 and etc. It doesn't make sense on any logic level.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Also, they will know your test results because you will be tested at the airport. The authorities will inform the hotel and they will let you leave. I dont understand whats the confusion there.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
For all those who are comparing quarantine with NZ and Australia, both the countries suspended their study permit application process momentarily and didn't allow a single student to land in their countries.

Reactions: j8naid

Kwamz

Feb 15, 2021
Question
Does that mean , say you are flying to Prince Edwards Island and you first port of entry is Toronto, you need to stopover in Toronto for this mandatory quarantine before proceeding to your final destination province?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
So it seems students are NOT exempted. My college (Durham) just updated the website regarding this saying students will have to book 3 day stay at the hotel and they'll share upto 50% of the hotel quarantine costs which is a relief.
That is very generous and thoughtful of your college.

Reactions: Ppun

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I checked prices for first March week. Regular prices for the 3 days without extra services (food, security, and so on) are at around 300-500 CAD (I converted prices from EUR to CAD) depending on the hotel.
Now you can add those extra costs of 2 PCR tests (150 CAD each, I heard) and we are already at a minimum of 600 - 800 CAD without security costs, transportation, food, laundry, and whatever else I forgot.

I guess we'll find out more after 8am EST. o_O