+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Credit cards cannot be charged without the registered address and cvv. These hotel bookings on phone require neither of those, so you should be safe. The physical card should to be swiped to authorize the payment later.
Others have reported their cards being charged the day after booking.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Others have reported their cards being charged the day after booking.
May be they didnt reserve it, but inturn did a full booking. In that case the customer must have provided billing address and cvv. I did one reservation and didnt show up, upon calling they said I wont be charged. I know a friend who made 2 reservations

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
May be they didnt reserve it, but inturn did a full booking. In that case the customer must have provided billing address and cvv. I did one reservation and didnt show up, upon calling they said I wont be charged. I know a friend who made 2 reservations
Clearly inconsistencies since many have posted that they've been charged.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
That is correct. When you book with HRG your card wont charge until you present physically at the hotel when you check in. They will ask you credit card and your ID than you will see Charge on your card.
also, When I book phone used my Debit Visa card but when I checked in they also ask me credit card just incase if Debit does not go through. Anyway what they did with me Charge my card security deposit $125cad Due to they put me on another hotel. Next day when I checked my debit card found my booking on phone was actually charged. I ask Front desk and I was told $125 will be refunded back to you when you check out this hotel and nothing will be charged to you except what HRG gave you total price. Checked out already and expecting credit $125 back but other charge $979 is non refundable.

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Another friend who is already present in Canada booked through HRG with his dad's credit card. Lady on the phone told him he needs a consent form from the hotel that his dad allows him to use his credit card. In the hotel upon check in he didn't need any form. The card got charged then. Some things are going easier than expected

Tallus

Feb 21, 2021
As we can now book directly from any hotel, called up Embassy Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and booked 3 day mandatory stay.. 1230$ total cost.. Received email confirmation immediately with 'GAA rate' mentioned in the 'Rate Information' field. Confirmed that this is official..

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
As we can now book directly from any hotel, called up Embassy Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and booked 3 day mandatory stay.. 1230$ total cost.. Received email confirmation immediately with 'GAA rate' mentioned in the 'Rate Information' field. Confirmed that this is official..
When did this change come in? I'm traveling on March 14 th. Phone service won't take booking unless flight is in next 48hrs.

Is there any govt rule now that u can book directly with hotel?

Tallus

Feb 21, 2021
When did this change come in? I'm traveling on March 14 th. Phone service won't take booking unless flight is in next 48hrs.

Is there any govt rule now that u can book directly with hotel?
Yes it's in the official link only..

List of government-authorized hotels
The mandatory 3-night reservation at a government-authorized hotel is a fully pre-paid, non-refundable rate that will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.

Book directly with the government-authorized hotels listed below.

Identify that you require accommodation for the COVID-19 mandatory 3-night hotel stopover.

Alberta: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
British Columbia: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Ontario: Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ)
Quebec: Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
Book your hotel
Direct
Some of the hotels offer direct online booking for government-authorized accommodation.

For all others, identify that you require accommodation for the COVID-19 mandatory 3-night stopover to ensure you are booked correctly.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
It seems that the part that says booking can only be made through the gov number was removed. Does it mean we can the hotel directly and book a GAA?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Posting for a friend.

His checkin was on 28th Noon and the hotel has automatically checked him out on the 2nd Noon and billed for 3 days. Is this counted as 3 days?

He has booked a connecting flight based on the 3 day stay on the 3rd morning.

Has anyone come across this situation?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Posting for a friend.

His checkin was on 28th Noon and the hotel has automatically checked him out on the 2nd Noon and billed for 3 days. Is this counted as 3 days?

He has booked a connecting flight based on the 3 day stay on the 3rd morning.

Has anyone come across this situation?
No - that doesn't make sense.

He paid for Feb 2nd so that means he should be checking out on the 3rd.

Reactions: ram20plus

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
That is correct. When you book with HRG your card wont charge until you present physically at the hotel when you check in. They will ask you credit card and your ID than you will see Charge on your card.
also, When I book phone used my Debit Visa card but when I checked in they also ask me credit card just incase if Debit does not go through. Anyway what they did with me Charge my card security deposit $125cad Due to they put me on another hotel. Next day when I checked my debit card found my booking on phone was actually charged. I ask Front desk and I was told $125 will be refunded back to you when you check out this hotel and nothing will be charged to you except what HRG gave you total price. Checked out already and expecting credit $125 back but other charge $979 is non refundable.
This is wrong. Please don't generalize that you wont be charged while booking thorough GAA. I think it depends on the hotel you are booking. For four points Toronto I was charged very day I booked the hotel and confirmation e-mail was within 2 minutes. Though my reservation is from 4th March through 7.