+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Newb02

Sep 15, 2020
I called Holiday Inn they are charging 329 CAD per night and it's not refundable even if the results came earlier. Also the food is included in the package. They said it's a standard package called GAA. They might have accidently booked you a normal room.
How long did you wait until someone answered your call?

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
I doubt they would remove the 3-day requirement but if I were you, I would wait at least a week or two before booking hotel.
I plan to book in April. If the hotel staff strike as been heard it could be removed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Classes starts midnight 2 till 8 in morning. And because of time difference, it is hard to communicate with everyone (professor and fellow mates) and exams are coming in April, so just want to travel before that to cover these things.
Since the communication with everyone is done online, still does not make sense why travel to Canada is needed? If I were you, I would probably get up late night and catch sleep during the day.

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
I think Comfort Inn is the cheapest at $225/day for one adult, excluding taxes.
I called them just now. They are the cheapest for now I can find in Toronto 225 CAD per night. But have to book them through govt. booking call line as per the customer service which will take hours.

forsetee

Feb 12, 2021
Canada
Crowne plaza is a failure. I cant take my medicine bc they didnt serve any meal last 7h.
320 for this shit? Or 0.5mb/s internet? Room without drink water?

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
Crowne plaza is a failure. I cant take my medicine bc they didnt serve any meal last 7h.
Are you staying there right now? I have seen some videos of the services by some other hotels as well. I fear it is going to be bad.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Still a compliance violation by circumventing around and no guarantee that it will work for everyone else but eventually you will end up booking the GAA plan after being warned at the hotel.
Its the govt approved hotel that is being booked here. If required the public health attendants will upgrade your booking to GAA upon arrival, this is way faster than making a new booking on arrival. Both CBSA and PHAC are fine with this coz GAA is an internal jargon

This would be a great help for ppl who were unable to book the hotels using the phone line. Not sure if the online thing works now it didnt as of my arrival on Sunday. If I relied on phone booking, I wouldnt have travelled.

Already the govt is being a pain in the bottom with this situation, requesting you not to pass arbitrary judgements here. This will surely help someone in need

Reactions: phaijalkhan

ram20plus

May 23, 2007
Sorry to hear that. It may not help your current situation but sharing your bad experience with press would help others by bringing things to light.

guneet420

Dec 12, 2018
Delhi
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
14-09-2020
Looks like the quarantine service is turning out to be a shit show - for those still under / out of quarantine - can you order stuff from uber eats or instacart ?

anmolwadera

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I plan to book in April. If the hotel staff strike as been heard it could be removed.
But they're only charging us on arrival, right? We can make a reservation just to be safe and incase it gets removed there's no loss. Or do they charge us with some amount?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
But they're only charging us on arrival, right? We can make a reservation just to be safe and incase it gets removed there's no loss. Or do they charge us with some amount?
Credit cards cannot be charged without the registered address and cvv. These hotel bookings on phone require neither of those, so you should be safe. The physical card should to be swiped to authorize the payment later.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I just switched it and the price went from $384 for 3 nights including meals to $1350 for 3 nights including meals for the exact same room."
So you didnt change the room, just the magical GAA package was added to prevent covid?

Wowww I have no words, except for these 'Hotels' 'Lobby' 'Political' 'Campaign' 'Donation' etc etc

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like the quarantine service is turning out to be a shit show - for those still under / out of quarantine - can you order stuff from uber eats or instacart ?
No. Don't even think all cities have instacart. The point of the program is to limit contact with people but that doesn't seem to be happening. Hopefully the federal government public health will actually supervise the hotels to make sure the correct systems are place which essentially should shuttle people from the airport to their room with no contact with others exempt meals left at their door until they get their test results or want some brief time outside. for exercise. If they allow delivery there will be delivery people coming in and out of the hotel. Either a staff member will become a delivery person or the delivery people will enter what should be a quarantine area. It will only be a few days maximum if you don't test positive. Would suggest bringing some snacks that you are allowed to bring into Canada .