+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From PGWP - to SOWP?

Nov 6, 2023
Yes, I agree regarding the provincial programs. In that case I see your options as the following:

- Find an employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can switch to a closed work permit next year.
- Once you have a year of Canadian work experience, enter the Express Entry pool and hope for separate CEC draws with lower scores.
- Continue to be on the look out for any new programs announced by IRCC which could benefit you.
Hi sir, I' m on my 1 year pgwp, which is going
to expire by, March 2024 and I' m getting
legally married this month in canada and my
future spouse has his pgwp till sep 2025 .So
after marriage registration, i' m planning to
apply for his spousal open work permit. Can
i work while waiting for the sowp after my
pgwp expires? Plz reply sir

Tofebi

Aug 18, 2022
Ff. Did you get a headway with this already? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need the SOWP to be approved to work. Start the application after you get married. I assume your future spouse is already employed. Flagpoling is an option but check with your local border for times they accept flagpoling and how many applications they accept per day.

Tofebi

Aug 18, 2022
You need the SOWP to be approved to work. Start the application after you get married. I assume your future spouse is already employed. Flagpoling is an option but check with your local border for times they accept flagpoling and how many applications they accept per day.
Thanks for this. Im in same situation, so you’re saying even though one has had a study permit and PGWP, long as they didn’t have their partner on it. They can apply and it doesn’t fall under flip-flopping? Thanks again

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi, I am a PGWP holder valid until Oct 2026 with a Tier 4 job. My spouse's SOWP is expiring in Sep 2024. I've also applied for OINP and plan to apply for non Express Entry in Feb with spouse included.

Can I apply for SOWP extension with a Tier 4 job, or is Tier 0, 1, 2, 3 required? Also, at what stage in the PR process can I apply for SOWP extension based on applying for permanent residency?

What are other routes to extend sowp? if I don't get a Teer jobs or if the PR process is delayed.