+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

from Albania

blerta_K

Jun 30, 2007
Greetings Every one,
I have a questions and will appreciate your response. I am a landad immigrant and representing Canada in an International Organization. I accepted assignment outside Canada as Canadian representation. Now, in August, I will complete my 3 years out of Canada. Keeping in view 2 in 5 years physical presence in Canada to maintain my PR status, could anyone please let me know whether representing Canada at world forum exempt me from that condition or I have to say good by to my assignment.

Please note that my organization has no information about the issue. I will be grateful for your response.

Cho

Reactions: Ori2314

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You need to be more clear about what organization you're talking about, and whether that organization meets the definition of a Canadian business.

blerta_K

Jun 30, 2007
Thank you very much for your response. I am working as Volunteer with United Nations. May be you know that CANADEM is a match making for helping these organization with qualified Canadian by forwarding their names to such international organization. I hope these information will be enough. Best Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blerta_K said:
Thank you very much for your response. I am working as Volunteer with United Nations. May be you know that CANADEM is a match making for helping these organization with qualified Canadian by forwarding their names to such international organization. I hope these information will be enough. Best Regards,
It would appear that you were not hired by a Canadian company nor are working for a Federal/Provincial gov't in Canada nor are a member of the military of Canada. Therefor your volunteer work for the UN would not help you in retaining your PR status.

PMM

blerta_K

Jun 30, 2007
Thank you very much PMM. It is really helpful for me and will now take steps accordingly. I really appreciate your good work.

Best Regards,

Blerta

Reactions: Ori2314