+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fraud! need help

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
Need your professional advice guys.

Im currently here in ON, Canada as a tourist and holding a multiple entry visa. I go here atleast twice a year since 2008 with my family for atleast 2-3 weeks vacation. My last entry was December 2011 then 1 week before going back home I met this lady consultant through a friend. This lady told me that she have knows an employer who is looking for a tfw and I might be interested in working here in Canada and after 2yrs I can get my family to live here permanently. Thinking about my family's future specially my child's future I gave it a try. But, here's the catch, I have to pay $3000.00 for her services and other stuff. Since I dont really have an idea on how the process goes I said ok then I gave her $1500.00 down payment and the next payment is upon the release of the positive LMO. Waited for 4 months and still no LMO, she told me to file an extension of stay in CIC instead of going home. I was given by CIC 15mos extension so I took advantage of it and went around ontario while waiting for the LMO. October 2012 she called and told me that the LMO was released but the employer wants $1500.00 before I can get the copy of LMO. Excited for the LMO, I deposited the money to her acct in BMO. But after getting her money she toldme that the LMO was negative and they have to reapply again. Until now im still waiting for the result of the reapplication but since im low in budget I decided to refund all the money that I paid. Trying several times to reach the consultant thru call and sms but I dont get a reply from her. I was able to get the number of my supposed to be employer and told her about the problem she said that it was true that she knows about it but she never got anything not even a penny from the money I gave to the consultant.

If ever I report this to CIC will I be refused entry to canada should I go back here in December? Or will I still be issued a tourist visa if ever I renew it on 2015? Im not really after the money im just worried that I might be banned entry here in Canada. And most of all I want to teach this lady a lesson and stop her from victimizing other people.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you were scammed. you did nothing wrong and tried to follow the procedure.

A police complaint would be the first place to start. Go to a newspaper to see if they will run your story.

Dont expect to see your money back but expose the consultant so others dont fall prey to her.

Good Luck.

canadavisamohit

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014
There is no fault of your's , absolutely no fault of your. check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

they will go after that lady...........

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
Say goodbye to your 3000$. Its only a waste of time if you go to police all you have is a story you dont have any evidence or proof that you gave him money.you dont have to pay that big amount to get a job you can apply for it by your self just check local classified ads or go to jobbank.ca and there is no fee on applying an lmo

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonats said:
Say goodbye to your 3000$. Its only a waste of time if you go to police all you have is a story you dont have any evidence or proof that you gave him money.you dont have to pay that big amount to get a job you can apply for it by your self just check local classified ads or go to jobbank.ca and there is no fee on applying an lmo
If he deposited money into their account then there might be a clue that can be followed through their name.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xkwzt said:
Need your professional advice guys.

Im currently here in ON, Canada as a tourist and holding a multiple entry visa. I go here atleast twice a year since 2008 with my family for atleast 2-3 weeks vacation. My last entry was December 2011 then 1 week before going back home I met this lady consultant through a friend. This lady told me that she have knows an employer who is looking for a tfw and I might be interested in working here in Canada and after 2yrs I can get my family to live here permanently. Thinking about my family's future specially my child's future I gave it a try. But, here's the catch, I have to pay $3000.00 for her services and other stuff. Since I dont really have an idea on how the process goes I said ok then I gave her $1500.00 down payment and the next payment is upon the release of the positive LMO. Waited for 4 months and still no LMO, she told me to file an extension of stay in CIC instead of going home. I was given by CIC 15mos extension so I took advantage of it and went around ontario while waiting for the LMO. October 2012 she called and told me that the LMO was released but the employer wants $1500.00 before I can get the copy of LMO. Excited for the LMO, I deposited the money to her acct in BMO. But after getting her money she toldme that the LMO was negative and they have to reapply again. Until now im still waiting for the result of the reapplication but since im low in budget I decided to refund all the money that I paid. Trying several times to reach the consultant thru call and sms but I dont get a reply from her. I was able to get the number of my supposed to be employer and told her about the problem she said that it was true that she knows about it but she never got anything not even a penny from the money I gave to the consultant.

If ever I report this to CIC will I be refused entry to canada should I go back here in December? Or will I still be issued a tourist visa if ever I renew it on 2015? Im not really after the money im just worried that I might be banned entry here in Canada. And most of all I want to teach this lady a lesson and stop her from victimizing other people.
Very true. Since you made some payments thru a bank transfer, try to get the bank statements, telephone logs for your conversation which you had with the fraudster and any email conversations and approach the police or follow the procedure mentioned in the link as stated by our friend. Please do it asap.

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
I have an application for work permit which im still waiting for the result, if I report this in cic or cbsa will my application be jeopardized?